Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 29th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
fyi. i know some of you hit my site often for looking up character stats.

having some technical difficulties with the server for www.glasq.com, so heroscape.glasq.com is down. i'll post back when things are working again.
Old December 29th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
fyi. i know some of you hit my site often for looking up character stats.

having some technical difficulties with the server for www.glasq.com, so heroscape.glasq.com is down. i'll post back when things are working again.
Ack! The horror!
Old December 30th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
still down. probably going to be another 24 hours or more. heh, besides not having access to my site, there are a few things on it linked into pages here at Heroscapers that are affected; avatars of a few other members, zipped PDFs for maps from the HQ, pics in numerous threads, etc. *sigh*
Old December 31st, 2006, 10:57 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
No worries, Gary. Your site is worth the wait.

Old January 1st, 2007, 12:21 PM
Spin Master

thanks markwars . in that case i'll make everyone wait a little longer

still down. i've been assured it will be back up within the next two days.

when it does come back up i have a new little something to show off.
Old January 1st, 2007, 08:06 PM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
Looking forward to the updates! Love the site Gary, go there often to check on things...

And I was also wondering what happened to my avatar, now I know!

P.S. I have been dying to know, how did you create the "video" of the map in your avatar? Do you have a "how-to" somewhere on the site? If not, I'd be really interested in that information. Thanks again!

Click to see more...
Old January 1st, 2007, 10:49 PM
Spin Master

thanks auralerogeny. so yes, when our avatars come back that's when you'll know my site is back up.

there's no real easy way show you exactly how i made my avatar. it basically took SolidScape, Jasc Animation Shop and a lot of patience.
Old January 2nd, 2007, 10:15 PM
Spin Master

all systems go.
Old March 14th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Spin Master

welp, i've got some good news and some bad news.

the good news is, my website is now "XML based" which allows me to do some pretty cool things. for those of you who have looked at my HexScape thread, you will notice i'm absorbing it into my website in order to build a map database. currently it just has Hasbro maps with a dirt simple table to access them. this database is under construction but i have big plans. i'm also working on some improvements to the map graphics (i plan to allow users to choose different page styles, like "black background" or "white background" or "printer friendly" or "black and white" (using patterns instead of colors like LandScape does). so stay tuned...

the bad news for some of you (most of you?) that use my site is i had to slam the door on Internet Explorer. because of the way i'm marking up my webpages, IE can't handle it because the parser it uses for XHTML isn't a truely "xml aware" parser. although it seems just about every other browser out there can handle my changes. (there are some hoops i could jump through to make IE work but i'd rather not go down that path.) Microsoft has some serious catching up to do...
Old March 14th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Happily I am not IE dependent. Thanks again for all your efforts Gary. I was using your site just today in fact.

Old March 14th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Spin Master

thanks markwars.

you know i just realized i may have slammed the door on more than just IE. bascially it comes down to the way i'm using SVG (scalable vector graphics). i chose to put the SVG markup "in-line" with the XHTML rather than make separate SVG files and link them in with the <object> element in HTML/XHTML.

so basically this means my site only works for browser that have "native SVG support" like Firefox, Opera, Camino, Konqueror. i think once Apple comes out with Mac OS X Leopard this year, Safari will be able to view the map graphics on my site.

an SVG plug-in may not work because i'm using SVG in-line. hmm... i think i may have gotten a little too close to the cutting edge with this SVG stuff.
Old March 14th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

There's nothing wrong with staying ahead of the curve.

And for future reference I view your site with Firefox.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion