Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old March 12th, 2024, 11:54 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Age of Annihilation Map Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Haha, if you need help with anything feel free to send me a PM or message me on discord

Thanks. I generated the PDF just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old March 13th, 2024, 02:37 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My two submissions for the AoA map contest. I knew going in I wanted a map that used a single master set and another that used all the terrain from the first wave, as I expected the combinations to be very common in people's collection. Here are Ceremony and Lost Wonder:

EDIT: For clarification, the battlements used in Ceremony represent the wall end pieces, not a short or long wall hanging off the pillar.

Ceremony
Set requirements: AoA

Lost Wonder
Set requirements: AoA, BftW, LJ

Last edited by Shurrig; April 14th, 2024 at 09:28 AM.
Old March 14th, 2024, 01:41 PM

TreePowerz is surprisingly tart

Shattered Crest for submission #1. This map uses 1x AoA Master Set.

Build Instructions https://drive.google.com/file/d/13Dr...usp=drive_link

Scumrun Island for submission #2. This map uses 1x AoA Master Set and 1x Laur Jungle.

Build Instructions https://drive.google.com/file/d/1251...usp=drive_link

Last edited by TreePowerz; March 14th, 2024 at 07:37 PM.
Old March 17th, 2024, 01:26 PM

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Second Map for me:
A Day at the Beach: (PDF)
VirtualScape link

This is again built with 1 of each new set.
Again, I challenged myself to build a mirror symmetric map, in order to make use of every piece, and to feature a long coastal area.
No special rules for this one.

There are three main sections here.

The T-shaped terrain piece in the middle uses 4 pillars, two small wall segments, and one large wall segment (represented by the RotV ruin in the VS file)
The pair of small walls by the beachfront should also each use the broken wall endpiece, but I'll need to see it in person to make a final decision to where exactly those belong. Map consists of 3 main sections: High grassy ground to the south, open and exposed. High rocky ground in the middle, covered in jungle pieces (and matching the height of the grassy hill), and the beach, with the new wall pieces and a tree blocking the view to the valuable wellspring healing spots.

Other options:
I didn't mark glyphs on the map, but if Glyphs are included, I'd put Yadulkia (Disengage) on the 7-hex grass piece on the bottom of the map, and Haukeland (Healing 3 wounds from any of your units) on the center Wellspring water tile to further incentivize going for a swim at an opportune time. Yadulkia promotes melee combat, as do the jungle pieces providing their ranged defense boost.

Blurb:
Are you a pirate? Do ya love the high seas? Or do ya just fancy a dip in big 'ol blue?
Come Visit the Athenoek Keys! Sandy beaches! Tropical Palms! Saltwater coastal wellsprings! We've even installed privacy screens for you modest bathers!

IRL photos:

Just look at everyone frolicking in the water and loving it. Creatures from many realms, Marr, Earth, Toril, and what's this? Zendikar? It seems the fame of the Athenoek Keys extends even across planes, and she summoned a loyal Mermage with her! Yes, everyone is having a splendid day at the beach, no sign of anyone arriving to spoil a beautiful summer afternoon!

And more of a top view to better show off the topography:

Quote:

Last edited by Nukatha; March 23rd, 2024 at 10:30 PM.
Old March 24th, 2024, 03:01 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Second map is up! posted in my original reply
Old March 24th, 2024, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I appreciate how close Lost Wonder is to mirror symmetry while still being rotational. Well done.

Quote:
Old March 25th, 2024, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Quote:
I appreciate how close Lost Wonder is to mirror symmetry while still being rotational. Well done.
Thanks, yeah it’s very subtle rotational symmetry. Once you get a better look at it you start to notice it more.
Old April 8th, 2024, 12:00 PM

Chubbs7575 is surprisingly tart

First time Map Maker for 1v1s, typically my friends and I make large maps just because it's fun to see what we come up with.

For the first, I used just AoA and the 2nd being AoA, BftWS, and LJ, considering these seem like it would be common for Heroscape newcomers.

Tidal Ruins: Submission #1 - 1x AoA

Spoiler Alert!

Neptune's Parapet: Submission #2 - 1x AoA, 1x BftWS, 1x LJ

Spoiler Alert!

Personally, I think I may have gone a little too large with this one. It's about 26"x28", but I still like the way it turned out.

Last edited by Chubbs7575; April 8th, 2024 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Adding images
Old April 11th, 2024, 01:53 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

My submission:

HIDDEN GROVE
Sets: BftW X2, LJ X1

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 11th, 2024, 12:07 PM

Marro Warriors love water in start zones.

Quote:
Old April 12th, 2024, 06:03 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

My first map is called Knot in Tresting. It uses 2 BftW, with 2 random glyphs.

My second map is called Board (2 Tiers). It uses 1 AoA and 1 JaLE, with 2 random glyphs.
Old April 13th, 2024, 11:07 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My entries:

EDIT: I should also mention that pieces from FoA were used to represent the wall pieces in AoA. Hopefully it is intuitive where things go (pillars adjacent to each other should be connected, etc.) Battlements were used to represent the larger wall piece connecting the two pillars.

Invested:
Requires 1x AoA, 1x BftW (BB1), 1x TJ (TGaLE)

Eltania:
Requires 1x AoA, 1x BftW (BB1), 1x TJ (TGaLE)

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Last edited by Flash_19; April 13th, 2024 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Clarification stuff

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games