Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old November 21st, 2009, 03:38 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Black Friday deals

I'm looking for advice on a big purchase. Anyone else sharing a good deal or looking for some peer advice is welcome to post here as well.

I'm considering buying a 40" LCD TV from Best Buy. Here's the Best Buy page with the TV.

It's $499. I've never heard of Dynex. Some reviews say the sound is not great. I'm planning on buying a surround sound system anyway. Will suboptimal sound output be fixed by a separate surround sound system?

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old November 21st, 2009, 04:37 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Black Friday deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
I'm looking for advice on a big purchase. Anyone else sharing a good deal or looking for some peer advice is welcome to post here as well.

I'm considering buying a 40" LCD TV from Best Buy. Here's the Best Buy page with the TV.

It's $499. I've never heard of Dynex. Some reviews say the sound is not great. I'm planning on buying a surround sound system anyway. Will suboptimal sound output be fixed by a separate surround sound system?
From what I see, the TV's built-in speakers suck, so installing a sound system will remedy that. I haven't heard of Dynex, but most electronic goods on sale for Black Friday are usually generic brands anyway. I've never had a problem with any of them (SD cards, digital photo frames, etc.)
Old November 21st, 2009, 06:21 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

At my house, we have a Dynex. We've had it for 3 or so months and we've had no problems. Ours is a 42". 3 HDMI ports and the ability to use it as a computer monitor is a nice feature too.

EDIT: I believe Dynex is the Best Buy brand. Like Roundy's is to Cub Foods

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old November 21st, 2009, 07:00 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Dynex is Bestbuy's in House brand. Think Sam's Club Soda @ Wally World. They are produced by LG.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old November 22nd, 2009, 12:55 AM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The Dynex you have, is it 60mhz? If I want something with 120 mhz I'll have to spend another $150-200. Is it worth it? And the color contrast on the Dynex was lower than others. I don't know if I'd be able to spot the difference, but some have 4k (whatever the unit) and others have 20k.

So many choices.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old November 22nd, 2009, 07:15 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I thought the thread was going to have Black Friday heroscape blow ous...
Old November 22nd, 2009, 07:32 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Dynex is great except for sound. We have an awesome one we got in July (32in for 300 bucks). Sound is abysmal - all treble and no bass. Picture is extremely sharp and vivid with no issues at all.

And if anyone wants to know what deals are going on, hit Blackfriday.info - many great deals there. Wal-mart is having awesome tv deals as well, starting with a 32in Emerson LCD for 249.00 and Rock Band for 360/PS3 for $50.00 (thats not the game only, thats with all the gear too).

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 22nd, 2009, 09:07 AM

Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
I thought the thread was going to have Black Friday heroscape blow ous...
Two years ago Target had the Swarm set for $20 on Black Friday. My son and I waited in the cold, with 100's of others, to get one. Ohhh, the memories.

My greatest Heroscape mistake: Thinking that Heroscape was a $40 $400 game!
Old November 22nd, 2009, 09:55 AM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
The Dynex you have, is it 60mhz? If I want something with 120 mhz I'll have to spend another $150-200. Is it worth it? And the color contrast on the Dynex was lower than others. I don't know if I'd be able to spot the difference, but some have 4k (whatever the unit) and others have 20k.

So many choices.
Ours is 60hz. At my mother's house we also have the Isignia Counterpart with similar stats. I can't tell much of a difference in picture. I would have no reference point to help you with the 120 hz, considering I haven't seen one enough to compare. I think a 40' TV for 500$ is a nice deal, (possibly qualify for Best Buy Rewards?).

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 10:04 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You have to be careful - there are tons of fake numbers that mean nothing used by many brands to make them seem better like Dynamic contrast of 1 million to 1 and other such.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 24th, 2009, 12:36 AM

nbxfan has disabled reputation

Small post hijack...

Anyone have experience of online game stores having Black Friday sales? Our game group is interested in picking up a few new titles but, I'm usually the one that does the research....

We're on the right trail. Flies and the undead go together like bullets and guns.
Old November 24th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

GAME OVER Moon Pie!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General