Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 6th, 2008, 10:37 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Poll-ution

I know I am not the only one who dislikes the polls...but at least I know why I don't and am interested in finding out what others think and perhaps we can stop the insanity.

1-Necessity Do we really need a poll for this? I find it more and more that the polls themselves are totally not neccessary and as I have discussed with several folks including Jexik the other day that ther subject in itself may be a great thread or conversation item but the poll itself is not needed and often turns people ofdf of the whole thing.

2-Incomplete Poll We have all seen it. Someone asks a question and then leaves an obvious choice out. Like "Which General is the Best?" and then only gives 4 choices. There are no do-overs on the polls so make sure it is right when before you submit it. Same goes for typos, misspellings and text message abbreviations.

3-Unoriginal This one drives people the most crazy...if you are thinking of making a poll you should try and search first because 95% of the time someone else already did it.

4-Binary There are only certain instances where a Binary Poll is warranted. For example...The Arkansas Scapers want to find out which of 2 Saturdays are better for their next tournament...etc. Where it usually gets used is in the example "What do you think of my army?" 1-It Rocks 2-It Sucks

5-Reduntancy within Ok you voted in the poll but unless you have something to add to the actual discussion do not post simply "I picked #3!!". It drives me nuts...it's like walking up to someone with an ice cream cone and saying "I got an ice cream cone" I see it sherlock!!!

Ok I feel better now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online