Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: Will you be playing Heroscape events at Origins 2011?
I will definitely be there and plan on playing a lot of Scape and SW 6 28.57%
I will definitely be there but might not play every scape event 6 28.57%
I am undecided, but most likely will be there 5 23.81%
I am undecided, but most likely will not be able to go 3 14.29%
I will not come 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 28th, 2011, 07:36 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Origins 2011: Ticket Info & Roster of who is going

Origins Game Fair
June 22-26, 2011
Greater Columbus Convention Bureau
Columbus, OH 43215

The Biggest Miniature area of any Game Convention (2nd biggest US game convention next to Gencon).

See full event descriptions, timeline, maps, etc here. We have registed Heroscapers.com as a GAMA club which means our members get half off the Origins ticket. Here is what to do:
  1. PM your name and e-mail address to weesel99 to register you in our club before you you register for Origins
  2. See the Origins Registration Page for info on registering, but make sure when you do online registration use club code h791 so you can get discounted event tickets, I think $40/person. You can add ribbons and tickets later after getting a badge.
  3. Download and view the event listings to plan out a schedule of what events you want to attend.
  4. Register online for our events (and any other events you like) online. The system is nice that you can search for each event and add, and the origins website has a step-by-step guide for this.
  5. Each event requires tickets which are $2 each (Heroscape events each require 3, Summoner Wars 5) - no generic tickets are needed if you pre-register for our events as the cost is automatically added. You could buy general event tickets and walk up to games and use them so long as events are not sold out, but registering earlier not only ensures a spot but also helps us out to know how many people are coming. Ribbons can also be added for things like unlimited play for Mayfair Games, wargames, or other manufacturers/genres. There is also open gaming, so you can save $ by just playing other heroscapers different games when you get there. Anyone up for some classic RISK or CLUE?
  6. Add yourself to the running roster of this thread by copying/quoting the last post and adding your name to the bottom.
  7. Make sure you get a hotel or accommodations. We have one hotel room paid for by our GM benefits, so if lodging is an issue, please PM weesel99 ASAP.
  8. Carpool if needed - use this thread to do so, or check out the Ohio Scapers and other Meet Other Scapers threads to see who lives nearby.
  9. Plan you armies and pack what you need.
  10. Bring $$$ for the HUGE Exhibit Hall (and food ) - Truth/PlaidHat will be there as well as many other game designers, manufacturers, and retailers. You might even find some old NIB scape being sold.
  11. Have FUN. Try to win to prove yourself and get some great prizes, but remember having FUN and meeting new people should be the #1 objective.

I know Gencon is close to Origins in location and date, and if it works out better for one than the other then we will have no hard feelings, but will make Origins Events a great place to play Heroscape so come if you can.

Some reasons to come include:
  • 5 different heroscape events, some the same as Gencon and some different - go to thread for details.
  • 2 Summoner Wars events too.
  • Prizes in the form of free scape (Including 5 each of Tundra, Lava, SOTM Master, & fortress Sets, 2 Summoner Wars Master Sets, gift certificates, and trophies).
  • With club discount, tickets will be less that $40 for weekend - cheaper than a lot of other conventions.
  • We are getting one comped hotel room for 4+ people to sleep, or join in the hotel room pool to spread the free rooms savings if we need more than one room for members who need it.
  • A lot of great tournament players will be there as well as newbies to the tourney scene and game in general, so you will have great competition and fun on any level.
  • Truth will be coming to hock his wares in the Exhibitor hall.
  • Thousands of other events and exhibitors to see, including a lot of games and vendors that won't be at Gencon or other conventions - mostly miniature games, but also North american debuts from sponsors Mayfair and Rio Grande, not to mention Heroscape & Summonor Createror's newest game Battleship Galaxies. There is even the Apples to Apples National Championship and Pirate Ninja Zombie Robot LARPing!
  • Bragging rights - you were there and you won (hopefully)!
FYI, the home page randomly switches between 5 different headers and one of them has a Heroscape map as the first pic.

Last edited by lefton4ya; May 19th, 2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: More info
Old January 28th, 2011, 09:23 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: Origins 2011 - If we Build it - will you come?

Like I said in the other thread - Origins would be much easier for me to get to this year, and I'm going to see what happens. If I can somehow get to GenCon, then I'm going to go there and skip Origins, but if I can't do GenCon (likely since my son's birthday is August 5th), I'm gonna try to make it here.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 28th, 2011, 10:07 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

I'd love to be there to 'scape with all ya'all at Origins, but I can't even think about going to any gaming Con's until I sell my house and relocate this Spring... then maybe if there's any money left over... otherwise it's only the local tournaments.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old January 29th, 2011, 12:42 AM

No, David, No is surprisingly tart

Count me in.

nDn
Old January 31st, 2011, 01:50 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Anyone else coming?
Old January 31st, 2011, 02:20 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I'm waiting for the right moment to ask my wife. It hasn't happened yet.

Like I said before though, I need to figure out first whether or not I can go to GenCon. I can't go to both, and I'd rather be at the bigger one. But, odds are that GenCon isn't gonna happen.

If I can come, I'll probably have 3-4 with me that would at least play a "Main Event".

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 31st, 2011, 11:10 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

I can't do GenCon for sure this year so Origions looks like a great alternative, besides I've been itching to check it out. The only obsticle I have right now (other than getting the time to plan the trip) is finding affordable accomodations so if anyone is renting a room near the convention centre and looking to share expenses pm me and hopefully we can work something out.
I hope to see you there for some Scape!

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old February 6th, 2011, 12:29 AM

No, David, No is surprisingly tart

Any word on how many people signed up?

nDn
Old February 11th, 2011, 12:25 PM

jacob_j_p is surprisingly tart

Hope more than 5-6 people are interested in heroscape tourneys at origins.
Old February 11th, 2011, 12:56 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

I've had no luck organizing a place to stay so I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it.
Too bad.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old April 4th, 2011, 02:05 AM

BjornAbust Woo who?

I too am bartering with my wife. We've got an infant at home. By the time this rolls around he'll be almost 6 months old, but it's hard to say. I've never played at a tourney, though. I'd probably get laughed out of the room for being such an utter newb, lol. We shall see.
Old April 5th, 2011, 06:24 PM

TheMind knows what's in an order marker TheMind knows what's in an order marker
Maybe?

Let me check with the Indiana troops. Columbus isn't a that far of a jog... we'll see if we can put a contingency together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events