Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old March 23rd, 2008, 11:53 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
My brother-in-law came for a visit this week. He played his first Heroscape, and he brought his 360 and Rockband. I've never played Guitar Hero, but I had a lot of fun with Rockband. I tried the guitar and had a real hard time at first. Real guitar playing doesn't help out that much. I kept trying to do vibrato with the left hand instead of with the whammy bar. My bro was really good with the guitar, so that worked out. My son picked up the drums pretty quick and my daughter liked bass. I did pretty good on the singing. I could pass on easy with the songs I didn't know, but hit 90 or greater on expert with the ones I knew. We had a lot of fun starting a band and playing. I got a good kick out of making the characters. We won't be buying it anytime soon, but I wouldn't mind having it. I'm betting the song list would get old after a while.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 11:54 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
What? No link?
Old March 24th, 2008, 12:54 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
Song list? Get old? Not with new songs on a weekly basis, no!
Old March 24th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
If you don't get the new stuff, yes. It's fun, but I'm not sure it is fun enough that I'd be paying for more songs.
Old March 24th, 2008, 10:25 AM
has been BANNED

Bah, with the diversity of the song list and the DLC, there's bound to be new songs you actually like, and they're only a few dollars a piece. I don't have my own copy yet, but if I did, there'd be 6 new songs I'd download tomorrow, and they're all Boston, because I effin' LOVE Boston. When I do get my own copy, I'm only going to download the songs I know I'll like; a friend of mine has it has gets every song as it comes out, so I have no need to ()
Old March 24th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:

yes but the game does get old when you're expected to be one part of the "band" every time you play. I'm sick of singing but we're trying to finish every gig on expert right now so I'm stuck.

The game as a whole though really only hits the fun factor when you do have a group playing it. Trying to finish the solo stuff for me has become a drag for me.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old March 24th, 2008, 11:29 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt
Quote:

yes but the game does get old when you're expected to be one part of the "band" every time you play. I'm sick of singing but we're trying to finish every gig on expert right now so I'm stuck.

The game as a whole though really only hits the fun factor when you do have a group playing it. Trying to finish the solo stuff for me has become a drag for me.
I don't like getting stuck singing either. I wanted the game for the drums more then anything. Just because I can play all three doesn't mean I like to.
Old March 24th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt
Quote:

I don't like getting stuck singing either. I wanted the game for the drums more then anything. Just because I can play all three doesn't mean I like to.
The worst/best thing is that we just got a new member. He's wicked awesome on the drums (Tom Sawyer on expert awesome), but that pushed Mags onto the Guitar and left Pokey on Bass. It's great because we're finally getting gold stars, the problem is. Nobody ever wants to switch off.

The only time I get to do anything else is when someone is missing and even then it's only Bass,

It's still a great game though,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old March 24th, 2008, 03:48 PM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker
What's with the gold stars?

A friend mentioned that he got gold stars on one song. He didn't know what it meant and didn't know what he did differently.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old March 24th, 2008, 05:08 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorgophlats
What's with the gold stars?

A friend mentioned that he got gold stars on one song. He didn't know what it meant and didn't know what he did differently.
I'm not sure how it works in Rockband, but in the Guitar Hero franchise, 5 gold stars signifies that you've successfully hit 100% of the notes in the song.
Old March 25th, 2008, 11:41 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Gold Stars on Rock Band are only available on Expert level, if I recall.

There really does need to be a patch that fixes the issue where band members can't switch roles. That was just poor design on Harmonix's part.
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:35 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Gold Stars on Rock Band are only available on Expert level, if I recall.
I believe you have to get 100,000 pionts above what it takes to get five stars for the gold stars and they are only on expert.

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games