Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 1st, 2008, 09:15 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Bay Area Brawl - NorCal NHSD'08

Can we use Marvel figures for our Immortal?
Old September 2nd, 2008, 05:37 AM

Azrael's Acid Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael's Acid View Post
... This would be our first official game day, so we don't have a lot of experience in that setting. But we're avid learners, and would be happy to help if at all possible. Just all depends on location.
Not a big deal, NHSD is just a bunch of people playing HeroScape and for some reason that is beyond me sometimes recording the results for absolutely no reason. During the first NHSD, I won every game I played, except one where my booty was handed to me by SexyMama (which is odd in the fact that I have no booty).

Here she is showing me where I went wrong ...

The only reason I remember the results of that day was the fact that I have the extreme version of the Luck of the Irish in that my luck is all bad so I shouldn't have won any games!

Sounds and looks fabulous! Thanks for the quick reply. We'll be sure to make a note of the date, and try to make it. I believe we have to travel to Fresno on one of those weekends, but I'll have to double check. I could be wrong. Definitely depends on location though, since we have to start saving for gas. I wanna go!!

" The only way evil can prevail, is when good men do nothing."
Old September 2nd, 2008, 04:29 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Big news update! Games of Berkeley has given me a tentative confirmation for the 18th of October. They don't make their calendars too far in advance, but Ralph, their Events manager said it should work out. Their address is:

2151 Shattuck Ave
Berkeley, CA 94704
(510) 540-7822

The only downside might be parking, but I'll inquire more about that as we get closer to the 18th. This should allow people like Malechi to attend. Stay tuned for continued updates!

As for Marvel figures for Immortals, the answer is no. I should have included that in my initial write up and it skipped my mind. I'll update the first post shortly.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old September 2nd, 2008, 05:01 PM
Reigning NorCal Champ

Alastair MacDirk has disabled reputation

I like what you are doing here Roney. I am really pleased that you are stepping up to host a tourney and want to give you all the support and encouragement I can. Your Immortals idea is clever and original. Me likey. Being a veteran of the tournament wars, it gets my juices pumping to try and figure out how to get an army together to face new challenges such as your concept presents. You seem to have a great handle on the decision making that is needed to tweak the parameters to make the end result balanced and fair. (No Marvel).

One suggestion I have after looking at your original set of rules is to fine tune the unblocked attacks by Non-immortals. Normal attacks must cross a d20 roll of 15 or higher hurdle.... special attacks that are unblocked remove an order marker without a roll. This dramatically favors special attacks which are already very powerful given that they override many figures special defensive abilities. It makes everyone prefer armies that have Special attacks and renders normal attacks impotent. Maybe a 12 or above on the d20 for ANY unblocked skull.

Another suggestion is to add as many details to the original post so folks don't have to scroll through this entire thread to see the updates.

Thanks! Let me know what I can do to help. I will be there with the trophy and of course the title of Norcal champ is up for grabs, however unlikely it may be that anyone will be able to usurp my throne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB
And I have a man crush on good looking robots.

Last edited by Alastair MacDirk; September 2nd, 2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: It feels sooooooo good.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 07:26 PM

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks much for the kind words Alastair. Glad to hear you'll be attending. I've had the same thought as you concerning special attacks, but I want/need to do more playtesting. I suspect you're likely correct that an automatic removal might be too much. Hopefully with a venue secure, I can indeed start reformatting the top post with the game types, maps, and all that delicious info.

Old September 3rd, 2008, 12:29 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, the Gameday is in less than two weeks, so we can do some playtesting there if you like.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 02:10 AM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart

So, I'm not sure about highlander scape. My gut reaction was whoa, this sounds totally broken. I gotta chew on it a bit and see how much grisle I find.

Regardless, I'm planning on attending ... 'cause Alastair might be a McDirk but I AM A MacLeod!

EDIT:

*chew*
*chew*
*chew*
*Swallow*

Tastes ... like .... hmmm ... plastic crack! and we all like plastic crack

A thought ... may want auto kills from non imortals to remove wound markers instead of not doing anything. d20 roll on a d20 roll ?

Cry endgame and let slip the doggin of war.

Last edited by Satyr; September 4th, 2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old September 7th, 2008, 08:28 PM

First post revamped; more info to come soon.

Also, let's boost our attendance, NorCal 'Scapers! What's there to sit on the fence about? It's National Heroscape Day! Tell your friends. If you can, call 'Scapers who haven't been on the boards in awhile! Spread the word!

Last edited by RoninValentina; September 7th, 2008 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Cuz.
Old September 8th, 2008, 02:06 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
... Also, let's boost our attendance, NorCal 'Scapers! What's there to sit on the fence about? It's National Heroscape Day! ...
All of you can drive up here then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
... Games of Berkeley; Saturday Oct 18th. From 11am to 6pm.
(Tentatively, stay tuned.) ...
Seriously, when the location is solidified, I can solidify my attendance!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 12th, 2008, 06:48 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker

I'd love to be there! But I'll probably not be able to make it. You see, the wife and I are expecting our first baby - in a few weeks!

But have fun everyone!
Old September 13th, 2008, 12:36 AM

Faxanadu13 is surprisingly tart

Sorry I can't make it. Its four and a half hours away and I've been experienceing supernatural malfuntions with my truck lately. So I will hopefully make it to the next one.

:{ ALL OF OUR TIME WE SPEND }:
:{WAITING FOR OUR SOULS TO REND}:

"WATCH OUT FOR SPRING-TAILED JUMPING SNAKES!"
Old September 13th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Under Taro's Banner

I hope you're still coming tomorrow!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day