Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old August 16th, 2023, 04:42 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
HexiCon 2 Map Contest #1 BoV Map Redux Congrats Burial Marsh

HexiCon 2 Map Contest #1: BoV Map Redux

Preparations are underway for HexiCon 2 in March 2024, and with that I’m hosting TWO map contests! One contest is for a Battlefields of Valhalla (BoV) Map Redux, while the other is UnOrthodox Map Parameters.

Link to BoV Maps

For this contest specifically, the goal is to update BoV Maps to modern standards, in one of two ways:

1. Redesign the BoV maps using the same terrain sets, while still being able to tell it was inspired by the original.

Example: Fire Isles by yagyuninja vs Fire Isles: OEAO Edition

2. Redesign the BoV maps using different terrain sets, while still being able to tell it was inspired by the original.

Example: Fulcrum (Dignan) vs Dark Fulcrum (Gamebear)

Map Building Parameters:
  • Map Submissions can have no more than 1 Master Set and 2 Expansions
  • OR 2 Master Sets and 1 Expansion
  • 1x Marvel set can count as 1 Expansion, while 2x Marvel can count as 1 Master Set or 2 Expansions
  • 24 hex start zone
  • Accommodation for Marro Hive is NOT necessary. The base can straddle level 0 terrain while on level 1 spaces.
  • The Top level of the Warehouse ruins MUST be removed if used, and this must be mentioned in the build rules since VS doesn't have a way to remove it.
  • Uncapped Pillars are legal.

SUBMISSIONS:
Submissions should include a display image (ideally a 3D VirtualScape rendering) and build instructions
A maximum of 2 entries per person. One of the maps must be new for this contest and not already designed/posted on the forums prior to this contest.

DEADLINE:

September 30, 2023.

VOTING:

Winner will be chosen by Public Polling.

PRIZES:

Winner will receive a set of HexiCon 2 participation alt art cards.

DISCLAIMERS:

1. Contest Winners are not guaranteed to be used in HexiCon 2.
2. Contestants in general are not guaranteed to be used in HexiCon 2.
3. HexiCon 2 organizers reserve the right to edit/update/change maps from this contest for HexiCon 2. This may include working with the creator to change the map for the event, or internal organizer changes. Proper credit to the creator will still be provided, and edit notes will be added.
4. These rules or anything else may be updated/changed during the duration of the Submission process, and notifications of any major changes will be made in this thread and/or title.

Last edited by MegaSilver; October 31st, 2023 at 01:43 AM.
Old September 1st, 2023, 01:55 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: HexiCon 2 Map Contest #1: BoV Map Redux

Here are my 2 submissions for this contest!

Broken Skyline: Redux
Sets: RotV, RttFF, FotA

Flash Fire Redux
Sets: RotV, RttFF X2

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 5th, 2023, 06:41 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll throw in my submissions now I suppose, I've got two new versions of Mad_Wookiee maps. Here's Siroccold and Blackroot: Redux

Siroccold

Blackroot: Redux

Last edited by Shurrig; September 20th, 2023 at 01:22 PM.
Old September 8th, 2023, 04:10 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

...Get Out Of the Kitchen
Old September 16th, 2023, 12:37 AM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've had a lot of fun with this contest, but I figure I should stop myself while I still can before these become even less recognizable. I am a huge mad_wookiee fan, so hopefully no one takes these re-imaginings as editorial, rather, more like singing his song in my own presumably less angry and guttural voice. Looking forward to all the new renditions!

Sasquatch Jungle Gym
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 TJ, and 1 M:tCB (grass and asphalt only)

Blackfoot
Requires: 2 BftU and 1 RttFF

Last edited by Ulysses; September 16th, 2023 at 06:27 PM.
Old September 16th, 2023, 02:57 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
Wow I really like this one. Looks like a clear improvement over Quasatch Playground while keeping its identity, and manages it with only 1 TJ. I think the start zones might look better if one side was all concrete and the other all sand. But otherwise, looks good.

Great job.
Old September 16th, 2023, 11:38 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

@Ulysses could you edit your post so your second map has a image? I almost missed it.
Old September 18th, 2023, 08:27 AM

RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Sasquatch Jungle Gym
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 TJ, and 1 M:tCB (grass and asphalt only)
I'm digging Sasquatch Jungle Gym! And I'm loving all the names people are coming up with.
Old September 21st, 2023, 02:24 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Posting this in the right thread this time (I hope).

Dark Sidewinder
Sets: BftU x2, TT x1

Highways & Darkness
Sets: BftU x2, FotA x1, RttFF x1
Old September 22nd, 2023, 01:21 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here is my submission for the contest!
Iceways and Sliceways
Sets: 2x TT, 2x FotA

I had actually made this before the contest began because I was browsing the Highways and Dieways Family thread and noticed that this was the only terrain set missing. So now the family is complete! (Although a better cartographer than me could probably tweak this and make better use of the terrain...but the proof of concept is there.)
Old September 22nd, 2023, 08:23 PM

It technically doesn't have a master set, but you know what it's so cool I'll allow it.
Old September 25th, 2023, 03:18 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Here We Go

Okay here are my maps. Maybe they're actually good. I don't know. They are both silly ideas.

Fire Isles: Arson Edition

SotM x1, VW x2

Dance of the Dryads the Version Dryads Would Actually Want

RotV x1, RttFF x1, TJ x1

~Dysole, who had to get in on this

Last edited by Dysole; September 25th, 2023 at 05:58 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games