Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 22nd, 2013, 09:09 AM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Louisville Monthly Tournament Sept 7th, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Scorekeeping is easy. Just note on your own sheet how much each wound or squaddie is worth in the army you brought. We always round down, too, so each krav is 33 and the whole squad is 99. Likewise for wounds.
That's a really good idea. We have always had sheets on hand to consult after each match. If people go ahead and do that for the army they brought it will save a TON of time in looking points up.

Thanks for posting! I tried to PM you and then realized you have an underscore in your username!

Any thoughts on maps that we need to feature to get the full FFA experience?

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."
Old August 22nd, 2013, 09:36 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I like the maps you have. I also like the variety of maps.

Venus is a larger map with very long sight lines, and as much as I love quozl I probably wouldn't use it again. Your other open maps are smaller, which is fun.

The Quad is just gorgeous. It is the best looking map I have ever played in a tournament. That said, the action tended to stay on the bridges. It played fairly for four players, which is the main thing I look for. Have a look at my most recent ffa event for maps I liked. Phone -posting now so it's tough for me.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 24th, 2013, 12:04 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Thanks for all your help, D_S. I'm looking forward to this really new (for us) format.

(On an unrelated note, it was great to meet you and get my butt kicked by Kid_Scaper.)

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 24th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

He looks so innocent, doesn't he? Thanks for your help and guidance for a pair of GenCon noobs, NB. We had a blast. Get back to wedding planning!

= =
Old August 25th, 2013, 11:29 PM

Naesalla is surprisingly tart

As my group were playing tonight a question came up. Using stingers and failing a drain that just removes 20 pts off board correct? It doesn't make the other 2 stingers worth 30 pts each or whatever. Then Nagrub eating removes 10 pts, but the figure that the wound gets removed from (say Wo-Sa-Ga) "gains" 33 points. So is each hit worth 33 points on Wo no matter how much he eats? or are the nagrubs n' HL's combined or whatever. We were wanting input for our own games and wondering how it would be called at the tourny as well. Sorry for the long post and thanks for your time.

Great Transactions with - Lefton4ya, xMindfreak, Ztimster, SuperflyTNT, mdapperc, MarioFanaticXV, JsChild, Twigleg2, ThePhoenix112, Vydar. Great Trades with - Akden, Just_a_Bill
Old August 25th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naesalla View Post
As my group were playing tonight a question came up. Using stingers and failing a drain that just removes 20 pts off board correct? It doesn't make the other 2 stingers worth 30 pts each or whatever. Then Nagrub eating removes 10 pts, but the figure that the wound gets removed from (say Wo-Sa-Ga) "gains" 33 points. So is each hit worth 33 points on Wo no matter how much he eats? or are the nagrubs n' HL's combined or whatever. We were wanting input for our own games and wondering how it would be called at the tourny as well. Sorry for the long post and thanks for your time.
You bring up a good point. Complicated there.
Old August 25th, 2013, 11:48 PM

RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker

Hey guys, we had a situation come up in a game tonight that has me wondering...is it fair to count every wound on a Hivelord? I like Dad's fix for the Nagrubs-they give no points-but I disagree with the idea that they are more valuable in this setup. It's really a much larger handicap. If you use my example from before with Su-Bak-Na and Nagrubs X5, sure you'd be taking 150 points of Grubs off the table but...
Su=165points/5 wounds=33 per wound
5 wounds+14 Grubs=19 wounds
19X33=627
That's a lot of extra points to be giving out to your opponents in my opinion. I had assumed that this formula would be applied to characters who had been healed by Kelda, glyphs, etc., but I don't think it's a fair way to handle it for a Hivelord.
Old August 25th, 2013, 11:54 PM

RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker

Wow! Phone typing fail lol. Naesala hadn't asked that question yet when I started typing my post. Sorry for the redundancy.
Old August 26th, 2013, 12:17 AM

Naesalla is surprisingly tart

Yep, I'm at the opinion the nagrubs are lost but if an opponent effectively gets 20 wounds on a hive lord then they deserve the extra points and the win in a damage dealing game even if the hive lord finishes off the rest of the board. Obviously in a 1v1 or last man standing the hive lord wins and there is no debate. Just really scared if Tor-Kul-Na is coming after me and each lucky hit I get on him is worth 5 points because of Nagrub healing over the course of the game.

Great Transactions with - Lefton4ya, xMindfreak, Ztimster, SuperflyTNT, mdapperc, MarioFanaticXV, JsChild, Twigleg2, ThePhoenix112, Vydar. Great Trades with - Akden, Just_a_Bill
Old August 26th, 2013, 12:37 AM

It's not about AN opponent getting 20 hits and "deserving" the win. Eating Nagrubs is a normal and legitimate strategy for playing the game...it may not fit in this particular format. Using a Hivelord is a goofy idea I guess, and it could easily be disallowed but you have to realize that if someone brings one and does any good with it, there are going to be multiple opponents getting all those hits and by the time the Hivelord is dead, any good player would have already dished out a substantialy greater amount of points to his opponents than he brought to the game, which is suicide when you want your opponents to have as few points as possible. The cards have a given point value...the cards are balanced and designed with this strategy in mind...there is no situation where a card is worth 3X what it says on the card...it's worth what its worth.
Old August 26th, 2013, 08:51 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Seems to me that eating nagrubs (which leads to denying your opponent points by reducing total score your opponent can get) and healing life (increasing the total score your opponent can get) are two sides of the same coin.

If the decision for this tournament is that you aren't going to equalize the game scoring by making up for eating nagrubs (or other self destroying abilities), then you can't equalize the game the other way either.
Old August 26th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Every unit has its partial card value. 33 points per Krav, 25 points per wound on Cyprien. Cyprien eats his own Krav companion and heals one. Nobody killed that Krav so nobody gets points for it. Cyprien has another wound to give now, which will be worth 25, just like all wounds on him.

You guys are over-thinking the scoring system. It's very simple. Every bit of damage you do gets you partial card scoring. Is it damage? Did you do it? You get points. Units that heal can therefore give more points than they start with, and units that kill themselves may give none.

Pro tip: self destroying your whole army is a losing proposition. Bring Cyprien, who heals often, at your peril.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events