Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 12th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: North Carolina, Triangle NHSD

Hero showed me this scenario about 2 weeks ago and it looks like a ton of fun, and definitely something different. That scenario was designed by Craig Vaness I believe.
Old September 13th, 2008, 05:21 PM

Boozehammer is surprisingly tart

so.... I'm going to be at the tournament and am definitely looking forward to it... and Granite, no, no big crazy map. Let's do that for some other day other than NHSD. We need a standard tournament for bragging rights.

And I didn't want to get into it, but I'll bite and say my opinion on J-Unit.

Kid, I met you once and thought you were cocky at the time. I was polite, you were cocky. On this thread and others, you've been cocky. Pride before the fall, man. I've played against you and it was a darn close game. Close enough that it came down to dice rolls alone. Regardless, you don't make friends with lines like "Oh well, at least that will give someone else a chance to win." I hope that will be a lesson you learn with puberty.

Last edited by Boozehammer; September 13th, 2008 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Had to throw in my opinion.
Old September 13th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozehammer View Post
so.... I'm going to be at the tournament and am definitely looking forward to it... and Granite, no, no big crazy map. Let's do that for some other day other than NHSD. We need a standard tournament for bragging rights.

And I didn't want to get into it, but I'll bite and say my opinion on J-Unit.

Kid, I met you once and thought you were cocky at the time. I was polite, you were cocky. On this thread and others, you've been cocky. Pride before the fall, man. I've played against you and it was a darn close game. Close enough that it came down to dice rolls alone. Regardless, you don't make friends with lines like "Oh well, at least that will give someone else a chance to win." I hope that will be a lesson you learn with puberty.
I'm not cocky, I'm just joking around. There's lots of people here in North Carolina and Virginia that are just as good as me. If I offended you Boozehammer, I wasn't trying too. I hope you don't think less of me for it.

Old September 13th, 2008, 08:00 PM

No worries. You haven't offended me. It's all good homie.
Old September 14th, 2008, 01:05 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Heck yeah, Boozehammer holding it down. J-unit.. backpedaling? J-unit, you still have a chance to make it right? I hope you can, just so some of us can put this debate to rest. Yes you are good, but the truth is, you had a couple very close games while some people had to take a draw due to time limits (Altron). I am almost sorry that you won 2 in a row because now you have all this pressure to be so great that it may actually conflict with the most important part of the game for certain other Jedi Scapers, having fun.

Why can't I rep myself?
Old September 14th, 2008, 01:10 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Heck yeah, Boozehammer holding it down. J-unit.. backpedaling? J-unit, you still have a chance to make it right? I hope you can, just so some of us can put this debate to rest. Yes you are good, but the truth is, you had a couple very close games while some people had to take a draw due to time limits (Altron). I am almost sorry that you won 2 in a row because now you have all this pressure to be so great that it may actually conflict with the most important part of the game for certain other Jedi Scapers, having fun.

Why can't I rep myself?
Griffin, I'd really advise you to save your trash talking until you've actually won a game against J-Unit. Bear in mind that in order to win two tournaments in a row, he didn't just randomly pull out a fluke win-- he beat all of his opponents, one after another, by a greater margin than anyone else beat theirs. That sounds less like a happenstance, and more like consistent strategy. Maybe J-Unit will and maybe he won't win the next one, but you can't say that he didn't earn his previous victories.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old September 15th, 2008, 01:43 AM

That's funny, I never said that he didn't earned his previous victories. I think that I told you in private about 2 weeks ago that he must OBVIOUSLY be good if he can win 2 in a row. So that is kind of funny that I could be implemented as one who doubts his wins and abilities. I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows that J-Unit is not the only competitive player in our circle. I believe that Altron could have just as easily won or Boozehammer. There are several really great players in our NC/VA community, Darkblade is one of them as well. So if anyone is looking to play against a very talented player, J-Unit is not the ONLY one. J-Unit knows I am not trash talking, I am merely taking some of this unnecessary pressure off of him and certain others by adding a little perspective to a few unseen facts that other talented Scapers may be too humble to say for themselves.

If you look back a couple of posts you will see my comment (joke) about J-Unit being targeted by everyone and myself, with one of these at the end. He replied with a . I think that speaks for it's self. Trash talking.... nahhh, just picking at this whole weird obsession that grown men have about being beat up by a kid (no offense), in a kids game.

Last edited by Griffin; September 15th, 2008 at 01:54 AM.
Old September 15th, 2008, 08:24 AM

Take it easy guys. It's just Heroscape.

So... 540 points for NHSD? I see other tournaments doing this, I think it'd be refreshing to do something a bit different.
Old September 15th, 2008, 10:29 AM

Well said Jedi.

Umm... 500 points and a thermal detonator (force lightning, Jedi Mind Trick), because your right, 500 points won't be enough. But I still say 500 points, that's my opinion because it makes for well balanced games as far as time and 24 hex placement of your army. It just works.

For those who appreciate what I said, I thank you for the kind rep that you sent. That confirms that not everyone is uptight.
Old September 15th, 2008, 12:09 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I'd like to try 540.
Old September 15th, 2008, 12:57 PM

NC_Hero is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I'd like to try 540.
Sounds good to me! Maybe some of the more expensive figures will get some love.

On a side note: I am going to need at least two more Castle Sets for the Taelord's Coliseum scenario. If you are going to attend NHSD and, have a few extra castle sets, let me know.

-NC_Hero

P.S. I could also use some volunteers to help with assembly.

Last edited by NC_Hero; September 15th, 2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old September 15th, 2008, 04:25 PM

NC_Hero is surprisingly tart

Where are the Rules for the Tournament? I can't seem to locate a copy.

-NC_Hero

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day