Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old March 27th, 2023, 05:22 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 1] PYRIA (Chandra Nalaar, Pyromancer) - Playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Did @Scytale take over these OPs in place of @Astroking112 ? Would it help if it were someone else (since Scy does all the checklists)?
I don't remember taking over any OPs, but it seems I own a bunch of them now.
Scytale and @allyourpie were the original Pod 0 Team Leads. I believe that ownership of the OPs was originally split between the two of them, and Scytale took over AYP's two threads when AYP went inactive.
Old March 27th, 2023, 05:34 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Did @Scytale take over these OPs in place of @Astroking112 ? Would it help if it were someone else (since Scy does all the checklists)?
Scytale and @allyourpie were the original Pod 0 Team Leads. I believe that ownership of the OPs was originally split between the two of them, and Scytale took over AYP's two threads when AYP went inactive.
You mean Pod 1, and I don't remember owning any OPs.
Old March 27th, 2023, 05:36 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You mean Pod 1, and I don't remember owning any OPs.
Yep, Pod 1; my mistake.

At this point, I'm not sure how many of the Pod 1 members are still active and interested in contributing to the project?

Scytale (Pod Leader) @Fakeraistlin @lefton4ya @Jaur0n @The Long eared bat

If you would rather not to control so many OPs, @Scytale , just let me know and I'd be happy to join the pod and help out, unless any of the other pod members would prefer to.
Old March 27th, 2023, 05:40 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
If you would rather not to control so many OPs, @Scytale , just let me know and I'd be happy to join the pod and help out, unless any of the other pod members would prefer to.
I don't want to control any OPs.
Old March 27th, 2023, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I don't want to control any OPs.
@Fakeraistlin @lefton4ya @Jaur0n @The Long eared bat would any of you be willing to take over any of the Pod 1 OPs from Scytale? Thanks!
Old March 27th, 2023, 10:56 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know that Tiamat has player her with death knights. His report was posted on June 18th, 2021.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old June 14th, 2023, 07:32 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Played these armies against each other a few times.

Raelin RotV (135)
B-11 Resistance (120)
Ranjit Singh (100)
Tetsuo Tyrell (90)
Izumi Samurai (60)

Death Knights x4 (220)
Taelord (160)
Pyria (120)

With Unique Attack +1 on the board and Ranjit and Taelord respectively, they were both occasionally able to throw some brutal attacks at range. Tetsuo's army won all but the last game. Most of them were close, but when Pyria's team finally won it was a landslide.

After a couple learning-curve games I was better able to leverage their ranged prowess. Iirc Tetsuo once threw 8 Attack (3 + Overclock [5] + height [6] + Ranjit [7] + Glyph [8]) and one-shot Taelord. He only succeeded at one Mind Jack across half a dozen+ attempts, and it was a natural 20. It also amounted to basically nothing as he moved Taelord off his perch (only slightly inconveniencing his army) but didn't do any damage with the attack.

Meanwhile Pyria had both hot and cold high-rolls with her Flamethrowers. The first couple attempts she rolled poorly and went down quickly afterward, but in the last game after taking out Raelin in about a round, she moved in for the SA and consistently lit up a couple figures at a time until the opposing army was gone. Taelord's attack bonus helped early on, and the Death Knights were good for a kill or two, but it was almost a Pyria solo play.

Not a ton of data, but I felt good about both Heroes. Both are decent ranged attackers with completely different upsides. Tetsuo is a fun threat, but it will be rare to leverage his full potential. Pyria always looks boring on paper to me, but more than makes up for it in actual play; she's better off being opportunistic, but you can also take risks that can really pay off.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs