Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old July 21st, 2008, 10:14 PM

AzurecobaltX is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Gen Con Question

I have a question for you Gen Con pros who've been to the convention many times. I'll be going for the first time ever this year, and I'm very excited about getting the Skahen exclusive. Then I got to thinking - I bet there are other promos or exclusives given out at Gen Con for other games that end up being valuable. I would never have known how desirable the Heroscape promo is had I not been on this board, for instance. Are there certain giveaways I should look for that I can later trade or sell on e-bay to help recoup the cost of the trip? Or, for that matter, any really neat or interesting giveaways to look for?

Thanks!
Old July 21st, 2008, 10:21 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Gen Con Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzurecobaltX View Post
I have a question for you Gen Con pros who've been to the convention many times. I'll be going for the first time ever this year, and I'm very excited about getting the Skahen exclusive. Then I got to thinking - I bet there are other promos or exclusives given out at Gen Con for other games that end up being valuable. I would never have known how desirable the Heroscape promo is had I not been on this board, for instance. Are there certain giveaways I should look for that I can later trade or sell on e-bay to help recoup the cost of the trip? Or, for that matter, any really neat or interesting giveaways to look for?

Thanks!
Try to get as many Skahens as possible. In my opinion, she will be one of the most useful exclusives so far. Her stats, abilities and points value are very desireable. I am thinking she will catch good prices on ebay for sure.

To get Skahens just sign up for as many Heroscape events as you can.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 22nd, 2008, 02:10 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Moved to the Gencon section

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old July 22nd, 2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Try to get as many Skahens as possible. In my opinion, she will be one of the most useful exclusives so far. Her stats, abilities and points value are very desireable. I am thinking she will catch good prices on ebay for sure.

Thanks, Grungebob! I do intend to get a few extra to trade, if possible (I'd love to trade for previous Gen Con exclusives or EOV). Are there other valuable giveaways for other games?
Old July 22nd, 2008, 11:51 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks, Grungebob! I do intend to get a few extra to trade, if possible (I'd love to trade for previous Gen Con exclusives or EOV). Are there other valuable giveaways for other games?
I'm sure there will be, but this being a Heroscape focussed sight, you might do better surfing around BGG or the Gencon site for info on the other giveaways.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old July 22nd, 2008, 02:27 PM

Lord_Paul is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm sure there will be, but this being a Heroscape focussed sight, you might do better surfing around BGG or the Gencon site for info on the other giveaways.
GB, are you sick or something?

Moving on...

I agree with GB's advice, a list of giveaways is probably on the GenCon website.

Also, welcome to Heroscapers! I hope you enjoy our community!

Making the world better, one post at a time.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 05:03 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Paul View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

GB, are you sick or something?

Moving on...

I agree with GB's advice, a list of giveaways is probably on the GenCon website.

Also, welcome to Heroscapers! I hope you enjoy our community!
It all goes out the window when I'm in a hurry.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old July 22nd, 2008, 05:41 PM

I'll check out the Gen Con site. Thanks, guys!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con