Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 21st, 2008, 03:41 PM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker
Re: North Carolina, Triangle NHSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite-M View Post
Also, because that's what the map-maker ordained! Talk to those guys-- we just play in their worlds, we don't build them.

Also, added rankings list and graphic scoreboard to the front page.

Also, with regards to a little after-action evaluation...
  • Bunjee inspired an EXCELLENT idea for the next tournament: door prize for non-prize-winner who travelled the furthest to get to the tournament. I've been a little worried before about people who come a long way and don't necessarily place. MagnumMike was awesomely gracious, but I would really like reward the effort and gas money the long-haulers put in.

• We should definitely try to get at least one more round of play in, the next time around. As it stands, we had a six-way tie for first place, based on our first ranking criterion, and I think it would be nice to put a little more oomph behind the winners of the top three.

• First-round seeding based on previous tournament scores? If we seed the first round based on people's pre-existing scores, we may be able to set the lions against one another early on, and get the tiers straightened out.
Science!!!
So, it'll be me vs Griffin in the next Tourney!

The CHL will be updated in a little. I'm going to go work on it right now.

Old October 21st, 2008, 04:44 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit94 View Post

So, it'll be me vs Griffin in the next Tourney!
Well, actually that is something on which I'd need some input. Do we just have the highest-scoring players face off, right off the bat? How do we weight the seedings so that we still get some interesting / original matches out of the thing?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old October 21st, 2008, 05:23 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If you match people by their previous records, it may allow the new matches to occur as some of the lower ranked people get some wins by playing people they are more equal with in skill.

Another option would be some team tournaments where higher ranked players are teamed with lower ranked players. It might give some of the lower ranked players a chance to see the strategy of the best people.
Old October 21st, 2008, 05:50 PM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
If you match people by their previous records, it may allow the new matches to occur as some of the lower ranked people get some wins by playing people they are more equal with in skill.

Another option would be some team tournaments where higher ranked players are teamed with lower ranked players. It might give some of the lower ranked players a chance to see the strategy of the best people.
I like the 2nd idea. That would be great. A team tourney.....

Old October 21st, 2008, 09:40 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

It looks like you guys had a great time. I'm itching to play with you all again, and to meet some of those I haven't gotten to meet yet.
Old October 21st, 2008, 10:37 PM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

Team tourney would be awesome.

Old October 22nd, 2008, 01:38 PM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!

I would like to come to the next one.

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old October 22nd, 2008, 06:42 PM

NC_Hero is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite-M View Post
  • We should definitely try to get at least one more round of play in, the next time around. As it stands, we had a six-way tie for first place, based on our first ranking criterion, and I think it would be nice to put a little more oomph behind the winners of the top three.
How about the first four rounds are swiss style and then the top 4-6 play single elimination? Or, if the tournament is small enough go to a straight double elimination format.

- NC_Hero
Old October 22nd, 2008, 08:21 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
I would like to come to the next one.
I would like it if you made it. Heck, you were one of the only NC people that play Heroscape I know from .net
Old October 23rd, 2008, 03:46 PM
Forums Good I Has

So..........

Where are the battle reports?

Old October 24th, 2008, 03:47 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I used 7x Zombies and Kaemon Awa. I fought a whole bunch, and sometimes I almost lost, but then I didn't, until I did lose that one time. The zombies mostly came back, but that one time they died too much, so I lost. The end.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old October 24th, 2008, 06:56 PM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

2x4th mass
2xdeathreavers
nilfhiem
isamu

.. If you count this up it only adds up to 415. I showed up a little late so my first game was a bye. My first loss was a great game agianst eltree, I was had by a skilled payer and thats all I can say. The next game was agianst Granite and was also a good game, and a good win. Luckily niflhiem pulled through for me while some deathreavers blocked a few zombies, and then the 4th mass cleaned up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day