Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 4th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscapers that are published authors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
I was wondering if anyone could give tips for publishing work. I am currently finishing up a short story that I think is pretty solid and I think I could get it published somewhere, but I don't know where to start. If at all possible, I'd like to get paid for it (do people even still pay for short stories?), but in the end it's just an attempt for an aspiring writer to lengthen his portfolio.
I would suggest regional magazines. My Dad writes stories about the Southwest, so he has been sending them to Arizona Highways. A really good place to start is Op Ed letters to the papers. You can put your letters in a story form to make them more readable.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old July 4th, 2009, 11:30 AM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!

Go to your local library and get the Writer's Market for the most recent year. Most often they are in the reference section.
Old July 4th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Or just do a google search for "short fiction submissions" and you'll probably get a zillion viable results for free without having to leave your home.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 7th, 2009, 10:30 AM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

Just got word today I will be getting another article published in a new book about Revit Architecture implemetation. Had to do this work for free, but I am the author and it will be published. 2 published works in one year. That seems like a good thing. Resume builder if nothing else.

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old July 7th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Huzzah on the resume building, loborocket! I need (a lot) more of that myself ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 19th, 2009, 09:36 AM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

I dabble in fiction writing, and if it weren't for forums like these, would probably have a novel sent away to some company. I submit work to Dungeon/Dragon magazine, and have had some stuff accepted and then absorbed into larger things. I have been given the green light for a full D&D adventure to appear "at some point in the future" and have been paid for it ($.06 a word adds up, the check came in at around $250) and hope to make a at least partial carrier out of fiction writing.
Old August 19th, 2009, 10:35 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

For a number of years, I wrote a column on Toy Soldiers for MWAN magazine (THE MIDWEST WARGAMERS ASSOCIATION NEWSLETTER), which I believe is available on www.magweb.com, called Those Fightin' 54s: Collecting and Gaming With 54mm Plastic Toy Soldiers. I also contributed to PLASTIC FIGURE AND PLAYSET COLLECTOR MAGAZINE. Neither still publishes. For a readily available hobby piece, there is a long article on the history and literature of wargaming at www.toycollectors.com.

I have also published two stories in Norse mythology and one on Scandanavian travel experiences in IDUNA: A JOURNAL OF NORTHERN TRADITION, which has a web page at www.thetroth.org. It was edited by Fantasy author Diana L. Paxon. They were Fenja and Menja:The Two Curious Giantesses (Issue Thirty-eight) The Marriage of Skadi and Njord (Issue Forty-Six), and Deck Dancing (Issue Fourty-Eight). I told the second story at an open microphone up at a New Age retreat center.

Two cycles of original radio plays I wrote were performed by me and a small cast on COSMOS-FM, a Greek ethnic station here in NYC suring a series of one hour broadcasts. There were on The Life of Theseus and The Trojan War. I performed one of the Theseus plays at the New York University Student Center, along with a friend who was a professor there, and one or two others.

Back in the Seventies, I co-authored an article in CAMPAIGN magazine called Introduction To Yourself: Dungeons and Dragons For Beginners. I also have playtest credit on a Sci-Fi FRP.

As a Corporate Staff Trainer and Training Director for the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation, I created a number of small training manuals and even hosted a training video--singing the introduction in a British Revolutionary War uniform!

Charles James Elsden
M.A. History

Last edited by chas; August 19th, 2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 10:29 AM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My latest is out today. It's a historical fiction-adventure novella I co-authored with my dad. Here's some info:

Set against the backdrop of colonial America, Into the Woods is the story of pioneer and patriot Jonathan Wood. Straining against the bonds of Tidewater society, and tempted by an ancient legend, Jonathan's sense of adventure leads him "Over the Mountains" of southwest Virginia. Perils abound for this brave pioneer, who must face threats from the native tribes, the British, and even more sinister enemies, while fighting for the woman he loves and the land that will not let go of his heart. Based on a true story, Into the Woods is a tale of adventure, danger, love, loss, and the triumph of the human spirit.

http://www.amazon.com/Into-Woods-Dav...dp/0982508727/

Old January 4th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Into the Woods sounds pretty cool. I wish I had the writing talent. The only thing I've ever gotten printed are letters sent to some comics.

Sigh.

Old February 24th, 2010, 09:53 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Wow, I didn't realize we had so many authors on 'Scapers!
I'm hoping to eventually write a fantasy novel, always been a fan of the genre, and I read nearly constantly so I figured, hey, might as well have a shot at it. Still in the opening chapters of it.
Kudos to all writers, be it novels, studies, or anything in between, what you guys and gals do is definitly not easy!

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old February 26th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
In 2001 I co-authored a paper that was in
Bulk Solids Handling

I authored a chapter in Foundations 3 - The practical Resource for total Dust and Material Control
ISBN 0-9717121-0-7

I then was one of the 5 main authors of the Foundations 4
book
ISBN 978-0-9717121-1-9
Both Foundations books are textbooks used in the bulk solids industry
I just presented my first paper on the sections of the F4 at a conference. I am published in the magazine for the conference, but it is no new information

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old March 21st, 2010, 07:20 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I published a story in Lost Worlds magazine, and another in The Atrocity.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books