Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old January 23rd, 2011, 05:25 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker
Season 3 of Deadliest Warrior

Just by looking at my Username and Avatar, you can guess what TV show I am a fan of. Deadliest Warrior is well into the production of its third season, and I don't know if many other people have been following it after the end of Season 2 with Navy SEAL vs. Israeli Commando.

They've revealed one matchup to be Genghis Khan (the notorious Mongolian leader) vs. Hannibal (not Lechter but Hannibal Barca, the Carthaginian who fought the Romans with war elephants), and they've also revealed one warrior to be Chief Crazy Horse. They've also told that the first female warrior on the show will be Joan of Arc, but they haven't told either of the two latter warriors' opponents.

What do you think of Season 3 so far? Predictions on Genghis Khan vs. Hannibal? And who will fight Crazy Horse and Joan of Arc?

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'

Last edited by The Deadliest Warrior; January 23rd, 2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 05:57 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker
Re: Season 3 of Deadliest Warrior

Looks like some interesting matchups. I LOVED the Season 2 finale with the Navy SEALS (who I predicted to win) and the Commandos. I would say Genghis Khan for that matchup because I'm assuming Hannibal will not be on an elephant. I think to fight Crazy Horse they might throw in a colonial American hero such as George Washington. Someone from that time period, not him specifically.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 06:00 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassistofDoom View Post
Looks like some interesting matchups. I LOVED the Season 2 finale with the Navy SEALS (who I predicted to win) and the Commandos. I would say Genghis Khan for that matchup because I'm assuming Hannibal will not be on an elephant. I think to fight Crazy Horse they might throw in a colonial American hero such as George Washington. Someone from that time period, not him specifically.
I actually have to give it to Hannibal myself because here they have a picture of a gel torso after they had an elephant go crazy on it.

Probably they'll have Boudica, the woman-warrior who fought the Romans, go up against Joan of Arc. I'm not quite sure who'll fight Crazy Horse, but here's a preview of one of his weapons.

I hope they focus more on the scientific side of the tests (like Season 1_ rather than the bloodiness and the gore of the re-enactments (like eason 2).

A mix of the two would be nice.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:02 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadliest Warrior View Post
Quote:
I actually have to give it to Hannibal myself because here they have a picture of a gel torso after they had an elephant go crazy on it.
Oh my goodness. That is just horrible. If he is on an elephant, then Hannibal all the way.
Old January 24th, 2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadliest Warrior View Post
Quote:
Oh my goodness. That is just horrible. If he is on an elephant, then Hannibal all the way.
However, Genghis' archery skills come to question, but I doubt it will be enough to defeat an elephant...

It would be really cool if they did Delta Force vs. the French Foreign Legion... but Delta Force would win all the way!

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old January 24th, 2011, 07:16 PM

I would love to see Delta Force in an episode of Deadliest Warrior. I don't know much about the FFL, but it would still be a great episode!
Old January 24th, 2011, 07:18 PM

Ummm... would you believe, bu I found a casting call for Season 3 and it asks for both Delta Force and the french Foreign Legion...

Also... Pol Pot?!?!?! Why him?

Sioux Warriors (Chief Crazy Horse)... cool! Not sure what Gurkhas are. Gonna be a sweet new Season!

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old January 24th, 2011, 09:02 PM

http://www.himalayan-imports.com/gurkha.html
Gurkha's are frikin' awesome.
Old January 24th, 2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
http://www.himalayan-imports.com/gurkha.html
Gurkha's are frikin' awesome.
Regardless of whoever they're fighting, I want the Gurkhas to win.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old March 9th, 2011, 08:08 PM

A new episode has just been revealed and I'm beginning to have slight doubts about it ...

Zombie vs. Vampire? Is that a joke? Sure, I'm always excited to see a new DW episode announced but this is a bit... odd. Still excited and rootin' for the Vampires (they'll prove that Twilight has got nothin' on them ) and can't wait for Season 3 to come out!

What are your thoughts/predictions?

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old March 9th, 2011, 08:36 PM

? Um... Ok. Vampires will almost surely win but I personally like Zombies better. Kind of a strange idea though but I'm looking forward to seeing the Gurkha in action.
Old March 9th, 2011, 08:43 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

I think Ghengis Khan will beat Hannibal, Hannibal was well known for his military expertise, not his fighting skills, and Khan also has more modern weaponry (The recurve bow and steel weapons for example). And if Hannibal gets his elephant, than the khan gets his horse and he will then be unbeatable.

Definitely Vampires over Zombies also.

I would also love to see the Persian Immortals, although, in real life, they were nowhere near as awesome as they were in 300

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV