Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 20th, 2008, 10:40 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: National Heroscape Day News!

Awesome news, GB! Thanks!

Skahens for NHSD!!! Lets get those events going!

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 20th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Skahens!!!!!!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 20th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

For events that are not held at a FLGS, are DCI rankings still an option?
Old August 20th, 2008, 11:24 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I think we are trying to work it out to where the individual event organizers can use their own laptop or other mobile devise that has the software loaded so they can track them and then send them in after the event.

For example, I have an older version of DCI on my laptop that I would have updated if this comes to fruition, then I guess up link the results after the event.

At least that is what I hope we will be able to do. I am pie in the sky I am sure.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 20th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
For events that are not held at a FLGS, are DCI rankings still an option?
Yes there is a manual way of doing it and if that means that we enter the results for you then so-be-it.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old August 20th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Does it have to be on the 18th or could it also be on the 19th?

My son's high school marching band has a contest on the 18th, so I know we can't organize an event that day.
Old August 20th, 2008, 01:44 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm really new to event organization, so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but... What's the better way to represent Heroscape influence to WOTC in a large geographic area? Specifically, I'm thinking about DFW.

Is it better to have multiple smaller events to reach out to as many FLGS as possible?

Or is it better to consolidate into one giant event and promote that as an example of commitment and interest of the locals?

Old August 20th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Does it have to be on the 18th or could it also be on the 19th?

My son's high school marching band has a contest on the 18th, so I know we can't organize an event that day.
It can be on the 19th!!

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old August 20th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

This is exciting news, GB! I sense a new passion for the game about to flare up.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old August 20th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
I'm really new to event organization, so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but... What's the better way to represent Heroscape influence to WOTC in a large geographic area? Specifically, I'm thinking about DFW.

Is it better to have multiple smaller events to reach out to as many FLGS as possible?

Or is it better to consolidate into one giant event and promote that as an example of commitment and interest of the locals?
I have a similar question.

We hosted a fairly successful tourney here in South Florida this summer (16 signed up, 15 came--but we've added more players since then). However, NecroBlade is doing a NHSD in Orlando (3 hrs away) that I was hoping to join.

Do we want more events or larger ones? (More events would likely mean more total players able to be involved in NHSD, but bigger events, of course, look great to some.)

Also, I was interested on the date thing as well. I had considered (even before hearing about Skahens, WotC, and DCI, etc.) doing a NHSD on a different day in October, so that I could join Necro up north and also put on a game here that would allow the locals to come. What is your sense of this? (BTW, I know that my FLGS, that hosted our last tourney is set-up with DCI, etc. I enrolled a few months ago, b/c the owner was trying to meet some threshold number of enrollees. And I had my fingers crossed at the time that HS might become DCI-affliated--woot!)

Finally, and most important, thanks to everyone involved in making this happen--really, really great news!
Old August 20th, 2008, 04:33 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

well cheddar usually we have 3-4 big tourney's, NHSD being one of them and who know how many smaller ones, such as vel's past one.

Ry:does the dci software cost anything? if not I can tote the wife's laptop to use if need be.

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old August 20th, 2008, 04:36 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Awesome news GBob, the SoCal 'Scapers are already gearing up for the October event. Though we are trading one of our most prominent members [allskulls] to Washington in exchange for an awesome game in the works, we are trying to make October our biggest tournament yet!

DWARVES!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day