Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old January 3rd, 2008, 10:46 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Pretrial: Carnage by Jack O' Blades

Overall Cosmetics: Too red. Understand, it is my personal opinion, but I think some other colors need to be added to the mix. I think that Carnage gets kind of lost against the red background and the even the left box and title box could be another color other than red. Hit Zone icon, no problems.

Left Box: Verbage is great, no changes needed.

Flavor: I like that "Maximum Carnage" adds to his "unstableness"; you are not sure how strong he will be for each attack. The fact that he is able to fight both Spiderman and Venom combined explains the need for a higher Point Value.

Special Abilities/Attacks:
Maximum Carnage - I think the card would look cleaner if you were able to "bullet point" the d20 ranges of the ability. I think it will also allow you to clean up some of the verbage as you mention "Carnage" 7 times within the ability. (ie If the result is a one, subtract one die from the attack.)

Carn-Axe - Personally, I think this Ability is overkill. Granted, it would take some lucky rolls, but Carnage could go through quite a few Heroes in a single turn with the "potential" to throw 10 attack dice against each adjacent figure. Again, I am suggesting this prior to actually playing the figure, but I am guessing that this ability will either need to be dropped or the Point Value of the card raised.

Unrepentant - I like the name, very thematic and fits with his insanity. You might even be able to add to his insanity by adding to the ability that Carnage must continue to attack any figures within range until either he does not land a killing blow or there are no figures left alive within range.

Stats: I think the stats are good as written.

Point Value: I think quite a bit hinges on the Carn-Axe ability. I will have to do some testing, but first guess is that his Point Value is higher than the posted 230.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old January 3rd, 2008, 12:21 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Re: Peer Review: Carnage by Jack O' Blades

Too red!?!

I agree with all the rest of UPC's assessment. Carn-Axe is overkill with Maximum Carnage in play and the "must attack" idea for Unrepetant is perfect.

EDIT: I played against an earlier version of him and he took out 3 full squads of 4th Mass in a single turn. The Mass were all spread out at the time so maybe a movement limit on his extra turns would help.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 12:58 PM
Grindmaster

Here's a card with a bit less red...

Old January 3rd, 2008, 10:43 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I like the black card better, as for everything else I just agree with UPC.

In this brief post, I would like to take the time to thank UPC for re-ignighting the Super Custom Forum. Thanks.

Old January 3rd, 2008, 10:48 PM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
In this brief post, I would like to take the time to thank UPC for re-ignighting the Super Custom Forum. Thanks.
Yes indeed. Thanks, UPC!

I think you already know I appreciate it
Old January 4th, 2008, 10:08 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
Yes indeed. Thanks, UPC!

I think you already know I appreciate it
Ah shucks...

I've done nothing more than just shine a light on a very talented group of custom creators. I think it is the new year that has invigorated you guys.

After reading AllSkulls post, I just realized that Unrepentant allows for another turn for Carnage. I think that it should only allow another attack. A whole other turn with Carnage would be broken, in my opinion.

Old January 9th, 2008, 12:33 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

Paging Jack O' Blades to the Comic Hero Custom Creations section...

Old January 9th, 2008, 10:30 PM

Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker
lol

I've been busy with regular 'scape stuff lately. I came here to scope out some random new heroes and then I saw my name..and I'm like "What?"

I'll do the changes you guys recommended, new card, "verbage", etc.

But, one small thing When I was creating this guy, I was making him more directly for Marvel Scape and wasn't planning on mixing the two, so his Unrepentant was more stable. However, I don't think this guy should be able to get 8 attack dice with range Perhaps lower his attack to one or two? I'm not sure on how to handle things right now, but I'll get back to fixing this guy up shortly.
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:16 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
I like Carnage. I also like your card Jack

Something is missing I think. Carnage is one of Spider-man's greatest opponents because his special abilities allow him to, basically, nullify Spidey's "Spidey-Sense".

I think that ability needs a showing.
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:27 PM

Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff
I like Carnage. I also like your card Jack

Something is missing I think. Carnage is one of Spider-man's greatest opponents because his special abilities allow him to, basically, nullify Spidey's "Spidey-Sense".

I think that ability needs a showing.
I did too, but way back in Round I of Carnage, everybody said that it was a no go
Here's how it use to be:

ANTI-SPIDER
Any figure defending from Carnage may not use Spider-Sense.

EDIT -- 200th post
EDIT 2 -- I've decided to wait on re-doing the card for now, for my way is unefficient and takes up too much time. So, I will wait to redo the card until we have a Carnage close to done if not done already.

As for changes, like I mentioned, I do think Maximum Carnage + Range is a no go. 8 Dice, potentially 9 with height, 10 with Captain, and so on while still 4 spaces away is beastly.
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:40 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack o' Blades
I did too, but way back in Round I of Carnage, everybody said that it was a no go
What was the reasoning behind the 'no go'?
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:44 PM

It was too exclusive

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations