Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old February 27th, 2009, 09:08 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated 2/27 - Lady Shiva

Thanks for the tip... I just ordered a Jester mini [which completes the Arkham Inmates quartet] from another favorite webstore, Miniature Market. Their prices are about as cheap as Strikezone [who was out of Jester minis], but their free shipping is on $75 orders. [no, I didn't go there]

Dig the Lady Shiva card... she's bad@$$!
Old February 28th, 2009, 09:55 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Lady Shiva and Arkham Inmates

LADY SHIVA
- Solid figure. Nothing else to say, nice work.

ARKHAM INMATES
- Crazed Attack is a great ability!
- For Frightened Minds, I would change "may not" to "cannot" just for absolute assurance that it can't change.
- Again very nicely done.

Old March 12th, 2009, 07:38 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Curse you, Davies! You went and made me buy more miniatures...
Just got Lady Shiva yesterday. Good stuff, she's getting added to the 'Batman List'.
Old March 12th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks to S.D. I have a Scarecrow on the way (among other figures) so I feel your pain. You guys are all killing me with such great customs.

Mr Davies:
1. Why have you not added the NM24 stamp to Scarecrow? Take credit for the praise and display it proudly
2. I think I somehow downloaded your Wonder Woman card yet I can't find it anywhere on this site. At least I think it is your work. It happens to be my favorite WW (Bracelet Deflection, Tiara Special Attack, Flying... sound like yours?) so if it was yours, please share it with the rest of the community.
Old March 13th, 2009, 02:15 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Sorry for the absence guys, my computer's been acting up lately and I'm just now getting things back on track.

Matt Helm, I'll add the NM24 stamp to Scarecrow when I get a chance. As for Wonder Woman, that does sound like mine, although you're right - I've never posted her on this site before. You probably downloaded her from my Photobucket album, which is public. I've been keeping my unfinished customs there and posting them in this thread after they've been playtested a few times, but since you've discovered Diana there I'll add her to the thread now:

I've never playtested her, but I've actually been thinking about making the following changes to her card:

1) Upping her attack to a 7 and her defense to a 6.

2) Changing Bracelet Deflection so that instead of ranged Counterstrike, she adds 2 to her defense against non-adjacent attacks. Seems more thematically appropriate to me, since Wonder Woman doesn't really deflect bullets back at her attackers so much as she deflects them away from herself.

3) Adding an extra attack to Tiara Special Attack.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Sherman Davies; March 13th, 2009 at 02:21 AM.
Old March 13th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

That's the one! Sorry to make you draw out an unfinished work of art, but I'm selfish and therefore, glad it's out.

1) I like the idea of increasing the Attack and Defense by 1 each

2) I agree that counter strike is not in the true spirit. Have you thought instead to go with a Sentinel (Jandar not Marvel) approach and make every shield rolled against a non-adjacent normal attack count as 2 shields?

3) I leave that one up to you.
Old March 13th, 2009, 04:00 PM
C3G Hero

Nice WW, SD!

I think the proposed change to the Bracelet Deflection power is a good idea... very rarely does WW ever hit someone with a deflected bullet, and when it does happen it's usually an accident [see the excellent new direct-to-DVD DC Universe animated feature 'Wonder Woman' for a perfect example of this].

The only fear I would have after that change [to 2 auto Shields vs Ranged] is that if you also up her Defense by 1 she'll be nearly unkillable, and only then by someone bold enough to engage her in Melee combat. meanwhile, if you up the Tiara attack, she'll pick off all the fools from range before they even get close. Maybe keep the Tiara attack at 3 but allow an additional target? That way even if you do raise her Attack to 7 [which I'm totally for], there is still a use for her Tiara.

So I guess what I'm saying is...
- Attack +1
- Defense stays same
- Change Bracelet Deflection as proposed [the most important potential change IMHO, to preserve [Thematic Quality']
- Add 1 target to Tiara Special

Ya know, if you want to... I think she's already pretty cool as is.

So now we need The Martian Manhunter and Aquaman to complete the Sherman Davies version of the 'Big 7' of Justice League... either the Animated or Grant Morrison Version.

Keep up the great work sir, we missed you!
Old March 13th, 2009, 10:58 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
Maybe keep the Tiara attack at 3 but allow an additional target? That way even if you do raise her Attack to 7 [which I'm totally for], there is still a use for her Tiara.
Whoops, sorry I wasn't clear enough before - an extra target for her Tiara attack is exactly what I originally meant. We really do think alike a lot of the time, Garada.

As for her Bracelet Deflection, I would like the idea of doubling her shields a la the Sentinels of Jandar, except for the fact that I want to keep her defense score at a 6 for adjacent attacks, and doubling shields with a 6 defense seems too nasty. My idea of adding 2 to her defense makes it so that her defense is 6 against adjacent attacks and 8 against non-adjacent attacks.
Old March 14th, 2009, 03:44 PM
C3G Hero

Sounds swell... hope to see an updated WW soon! My daughter and I are going to watch the WW Animated feature together this weekend [then play Heroscape!], so I know she's going to want to use Wonder Woman. As it is, she's already using Catwoman, which of course utilizes your fine custom. I'll let you know how it goes. In fact, I'll probably use your version 1 WW if you haven't posted an update by the time we play.

Great work!
Old March 14th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Captain Underpants

Then let's see this card updated already. I'm curious as to the cost with the much needed power increase.
Old March 14th, 2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Then let's see this card updated already. I'm curious as to the cost with the much needed power increase.
Your wish is my command. Here's the updated card.

I still haven't playtested her, but I'm about 70% confident about her cost. Her original cost of 300 points was only a placeholder anyway, and she was one of my earliest customs too. I used my custom costing methodology to decide on a cost for her. I figure the Silver Surfer's got her beat in terms of speed and mobility, while she has a ranged attack that can hit multiple targets and a stronger melee attack than he does. As far as survivability goes, it's kind of a wash - she outshines the Surfer against ranged attacks, while he's tougher against an adjacent foe.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; July 29th, 2010 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Changed image to a link
Old March 14th, 2009, 10:04 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated 2/12 - Arkham Inmat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post

Wouldn't Lady Shiva need to have some special ability like...

Once any other figure in your army is killed she must sit for 3 days while her family and friends bring food?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations