Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old February 22nd, 2013, 02:55 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: davidlhsl's Battles - FWOOSH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Eyed Jedi View Post
Galactus fight! The most fun taking down a map, could ever be!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
*In my best Workaholics voice* Nice!
Even more exciting for me is this is going to be a mixed draft. I don't think I've done one of those in a while, at least not on this scale. I'll incorporate customs from C3G, Matt Helm, Sherman Davies, and Balantai. The latter three are designed to celebrate their return to the comics forums (not certain, but I think Sherman Davies has been very busy with the excellent C3V project). Initial plan is for 2500 points per side, but we'll see how the drafts work out.

Some prep work involved, but it's definitely coming!
Old February 22nd, 2013, 03:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yep, just to verify for ya, Sherman is a C3V Designer extraordinaire!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:09 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I offer you a celebratory clock in my excitement.

Here
Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:19 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

It...it...it's...it's real?!?!?!

(Nice find, Balantai!)

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:22 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
It...it...it's...it's real?!?!?!
It's always been real. It's just easier to swallow if you pretend it doesn't exist.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:31 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

I notice they misspelled Ail.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:45 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
I notice they misspelled Ail.
Bazinga!
Old February 25th, 2013, 09:53 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
Even more exciting for me is this is going to be a mixed draft. I don't think I've done one of those in a while, at least not on this scale. I'll incorporate customs from C3G, Matt Helm, Sherman Davies, and Balantai. The latter three are designed to celebrate their return to the comics forums (not certain, but I think Sherman Davies has been very busy with the excellent C3V project).
Thanks David, I appreciate the nod and I'm sure Balantai and Matt do as well. Bats is correct; working in C3V keeps me very busy, but I have been working on a massive update to my Marvel project (revisions of some old cards as well as a bunch of new ones), so it's not like I've forgotten your battles or the Superscape section in general.
Old February 26th, 2013, 08:14 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just discovered this thread, and its great that you are documenting so much. I know the Supers community is very active, but there is little in the Battle Reports section or here in "Marvel" to show it! Its too bad, because there is so much to be said for creating scenarios that make the games more than slug fests, combining different figures and teams, and designers, etc. Thanks for the great writing here!
Old February 26th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Just discovered this thread, and its great that you are documenting so much. I know the Supers community is very active, but there is little in the Battle Reports section or here in "Marvel" to show it! Its too bad, because there is so much to be said for creating scenarios that make the games more than slug fests, combining different figures and teams, and designers, etc. Thanks for the great writing here!
Glad you found your way over here, chas! I've added some wild special rules to some of the battles posted. As a fellow fan of Richard Borg's games, you might be particularly interested in a battle I played using the Lore cards from Battlelore.

And to those waiting on the Galactus battle, fear not! It's coming... eventually.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:12 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

David: “Greetings, and welcome to Master Burt’s Theater. I’m your host, David. Joining me sipping a nice Darjeeling is my co-host, Bob!”

Bob: “David, I see that Galactus has made your mind disappear.”

David: “I’ve got to keep my humor up. After all, we no longer have a booth from which to broadcast. And we no longer have a desk, or computers, or…”

Mike (enters, carrying a handful of White Castle hamburger boxes): “One desk, coming up!”

Bob: “Mike? Don’t tell me you ate all those Sliders!”

David: “They have White Castle in Rio???”

Mike: “I had these air shipped to me. And no, I didn’t eat all these. I have a cousin who works there. You can build all sorts of neat stuff when you stack these, so I thought I’d build you guys a desk!”

David: “Well, ok. Anything I can do to help?”

Mike: “Sure! Here, take some of these. Bob, here are some for you.”

All three start stacking boxes.

Bob: “Well, it’s better than nothing, I suppose. We need some chairs.”

David: “Look behind you. I stacked some boxes for us as well.” (sits)

Bob: (sitting) “I still miss our booth. Now all I need is a can of Burt’s, and I guess I’ll feel at home.”

(Gust of wind blows, blowing the boxes used to build the desk away.)

Mike: (frowns) “Oh dear. Maybe I should’ve left the hamburgers in the boxes for weight.”

David: (smiles) “Probably not, Mike. I crave those little burgers at times, so I’d just get hungry and eat them. My weight is starting to flatten the boxes I’m sitting on, so these aren’t going to work as chairs either.”

Bob: “It’s ok, Mike. Your heart was in the right place. Looks like we’ll be announcing this battle standing up. I wish I had my Burt’s.”

David: (laughs) “If you drank Burt’s, you wouldn’t be able to stand.”

Bob: (laughs) “Ha! Yeah, you’ve got a point.”

Sock Puppet: (enters, pushing large, mahogany desk) “Ready to assist, kids!”

David: “Sock Puppet! Where did you get that amazing desk?”

Sock Puppet: “I built these out of Krystal hamburger boxes. I weighted them with tater tots, glued the boxes together, lacquered the boxes, gave them a nice painting, and used some Krystal Chiks rounded off for wheels. Give me a sec, and I’ll bring out the chairs. I made those from fries.” (exits)

Mike: “We really need to give him a raise.”

David: “I didn’t know Krystal had tater tots.”

Sock Puppet: (wheels in leather chairs) “They don’t. I got those from Sonic.”

Mike: “Great. Now I’m hungry.”

Bob: “Me too. Hey, why don’t we take Sock Puppet to lunch?”

David: “That sounds like a plan. I’m sure there are probably some great vendors still around, assuming Galactus hasn’t eaten them all. But first, we need to tell our viewers about the teams.”

Mike: “Allow me! Team Galactus consists of the Big G himself, as well as Silver Surfer. Those come from the great folks at C3G!”

Sock Puppet: “For the other team, we have customs from Balantai, Matt Helm, and Sherman Davies. From Balantai, we have Thing, Hawkeye, and Mockingbird.”

David: “From Matt Helm, we have Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, and a redesigned She-Hulk.”

Bob: “And from Sherman Davies, we have Human Torch, Green Lantern Hal Jordan, and Starfire. That team is 5 points short of 2000, so maybe we should give them some Fire Ants.”

David: “Nah, this lineup is fine. While the teams prepare for the upcoming battle, let’s treat Sock Puppet to that lunch.”

Bob: “They’d better have Burt’s Beer!”

Off-camera announcer: “This mixed battle is brought to you by the good folks at Burt’s Beer. Burt’s Beer: the beer that’s honored to rain on anyone’s parade.”
Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:01 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

David: “Roll out the barrel, Sports Fans! Our gigantic battle is about to get underway, so get a nice look at the Slums of Rio before Galactus takes it apart. I’m David. And Bob, that was a great lunch we had with Sock Puppet and Mike, wasn’t it?”

Bob: “Not so loud, David. I have a massive headache.”

David: “Hee! Bob drank a gallon of Burt’s Beer! I was surprised they had it on tap. Think you can make it through the broadcast? I’m sure we can get someone to fill in.”

Bob: “I’ve never been happier in my life, David. Burt’s Beer saves the day! I’m certain the contestants will keep the noise down during the battle out of –“

(from the far end of the Slums of Rio): “BAM! CRAASHHHHHHHH!!!! KA-POW!!!!!!!!”

David: “AND THE FANTASTIC FOUR ARE WARMING UP IN THE BULLPEN!!!”

Mike (off camera, sounding an air horn): BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPP!!! “WHOO-HOOOOO!!!”

Bob (covers ears and crawls slowly away): “Mother!”

Pam (enters and sits in Bob’s chair): “This has been a nice trip, hasn’t it?”

David: “I’m glad to see you’ve cheered up.”

Pam: “I found a really nice compass to replace the one that disappeared. Let’s get down to the battlefield, as the action is about to begin.” (sniffs) “I smell tater tots.”

David: “Long story, Pam. But Galactus is doing his stretching exercises, so let’s get started!”

Team Galactus (2000 points): Galactus (C3G), Silver Surfer (C3G)

Team Fantastic Four (1995 points): Mr. Fantastic (MH), Invisible Woman (MH), Human Torch (SD), Thing (Bal), She-Hulk (MH), Hawkeye (Bal), Mockingbird (Bal), Starfire (SD), Green Lantern Hal Jordan (SD)

Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion