Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old May 17th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: davidlhsl's Battles - Gritty City

Aww, I hate seeing Shang-Chi go down like that. He's such a fun Fighter hero.
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Aww, I hate seeing Shang-Chi go down like that. He's such a fun Fighter hero.
Yeah, but he certainly didn't go down without a fight. Jocasta shut down the 3attack option and was blocking like crazy. Fun battle.
Old May 19th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

David: “Sports Fans, I’m David and this is Mike. I’m afraid we have some tragic news to report. My co-anchor and friend, Bob, was tragically killed when a bowling ball fell on his head.”

Mike: “Bob was the reason I got into sports casting, David. He was my idol and my mentor. This news is a blow to all of us here at the Burt’s Beer Battle Thread, and he will be sorely missed.”

David: “Our condolences go out to his wife and young son.”

Mike: “It is also with heavy heart that I must report that Pam was killed over the weekend while camping. A squirrel ran into her tent while she was sleeping, ripped her to shreds, and ran away with her nuts. Pam was an accomplished survival expert. Alas, she wasn’t able to survive this assault. Hey, David. Check out Monitor 3.”

David: “How long do you think they’ve been standing behind us?”

Mike: “Long enough to hear us, David. Think they will kill us?”

David: “I’m pretty sure they will, unless you think we can outrun them.”

Mike: “Running away isn’t a good idea. That only makes them angry.”

David: “Well, crap. Nice knowing you, Mike.”

Mike: “Same here.”

Off-Camera announcer: “This City Battle is brought to you by the good folks at Burt’s Beer. Burt’s Beer: We heard that!”

Team Daredevil vs. Team Flash

Spoiler Alert!

Bracket Updated

Last edited by davidlhsl; May 19th, 2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old May 19th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Mike: “Monitor 3 is all clear.”

David: “Folks, I’m afraid I have some bad news to report. Bob’s wife made a batch of deviled eggs, and Bob and Pam shoved so many into their hungry little faces that they dropped dead.”

Mike: “This truly is a tragedy of epic proportions. David and I have been crying ever since we heard the news.” (whispers) ”Still clear on Monitor 3.”

David: “(sniffle) I’d like to think that Bob and Pam are in a better place now. Mike and I will now observe a moment of silence, and we ask everyone to – Mike, you didn’t check Monitor 1!”

Mike: “Uh, oh!!!”

Off-Camera announcer: “This battle is brought to you by the good folks at Burt’s Beer. Burt’s Beer: What’s on Monitor 1? And did anyone think to check Anti-Monitor 2?”

Team Captain America vs. Team Storm

Spoiler Alert!

Bracket Updated
Old May 20th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

David: “Mike, I think you need to sit down for this. I have some terrible news.”

Mike: “Oh, dear. Did my DVR forget to record my favorite show?”

David: “No, Mike. I’m afraid Pam and Bob are dead.”

Mike: “Whaaaaaaaaaa!!!! No, it’s not so! Say it isn’t so!”

David: “I’m very sorry, Mike. This news has hit me pretty hard as well. But we must be brave. Bob and Pam would want it that way.”

Mike: “I’ll try. Please tell me; how did it happen?”

David: “They were both doing their big number on Dancing With the Stars, and Pam tripped on Bob’s untied shoelaces. They stumbled onto the stage and triggered an old land mine from WWII.”

Mike: “At least they went with a smile on their faces and a song in their hearts!”

Bob (wearing sock over head and appearing from behind desk): “Ready to assist, boys!”

David: “Sock Puppet! Please console us in our hour of grief.”

Bob (pulls off sock): “It’s not Sock Puppet, you idiots.”

David: “Mike, arrest that man for impersonating a Sock Puppet!”

Mike: “But where is Pam?”

Bob: “Look up, Mike.”

David and Mike: “Aaaaaaaagh!!!!!”

Off-Camera announcer: “This battle is brought to you by the good folks at Burt’s Beer. Burt’s Beer: It’s almost as stale as this running gag. And it’ll make you gag.”

Team Psylocke vs. Team Banshee

Spoiler Alert!

Bracket Updated

(I had to fix the Challonge Bracket to match what I have listed. It's a great tool, but I'm having a difficult time getting the teams I want put in the specific brackets I want.)

Last edited by davidlhsl; May 20th, 2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old May 21st, 2012, 03:06 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

They're dead, ahhhhhh!
Old May 25th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Bob: “We’re back, Sports Fans. I’m Bob, and I’m joined by my co-anchor Pam.”

Pam: “That’s correct. We’re here to pre-empt the nonsense that David and Mike have been pulling in reporting our deaths. As you can see, we are both very much alive.”

Bob: “Ticked off, but alive. So Pam, we’ve enjoyed reporting some fantastic and close battles on this battle mat. I’m really looking forward to getting our next battle underway!”

Scrolling ticker at bottom of screen: “NEWS FLASH: Bob and Pam are dead.”

Pam: “Me too, Bob. I was skeptical as to whether we could make a battle using a square grid instead of hexagons work, but I’ve been impressed by what we’ve witnessed to date.”

Ticker: “Cause of death: Excessive flatulence. Stay tuned for further details on this station.”

Bob: “So let’s head down to our next city location, and get the -- Ok, I see the scrolling ticker.”

Ticker: “Nyeah! Nyeah! You don’t know where we are!”

Pam: “Well if this doesn’t just take the cake.”

Bob: “Pam, let’s enjoy this battle with this high mountain oolong tea from Taiwan!”

Pam: “What? Oh, Ohhhhhhhhhh, yes, Bob. Please pour me a glass. I mean, cup. Please pour me a cup of that delicious tea.”

Ticker: “Nuts. That tea sounds yummy. I must hold firm and not cave.”

Bob: “Here, I’ll pour some boiling distilled water for you. Would you like some cream and sugar?”

Ticker: “What?????”

Pam: “I’d love some, Bob!”

David (runs into booth): “Are you crazy? You don’t just dump boiling water on expensive high mountain oolong, and you don’t add anything to it! You also don’t use distilled water, because it removes the minerals and leaves a flat tasting water. Although you can brew it Western style, you’ll enjoy the subtle flavor variations when oh wait a second I think I just fell into your trap.”

Ticker: “David! Run!!!!”

Pam: “I saw David enter from the Control Room, so that’s where Mike will be. I take it you can handle David.”

Bob: “It’ll be my pleasure!”

David: (whimpers) “Mother!”

Off-Camera announcer: “This battle is brought to you by the good folks at Burt’s Beer. Burt’s Beer: The beer that hits the spot and a few other places.”

Team Superman vs. Team Cloak

Spoiler Alert!

Bracket Updated
Old May 28th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

25,000 Views!!!

Mike: “We’re back! David and I are here in the studio, and we’re going to turn this battle over to Bob and Pam, who have returned safe and fit as a fiddle!”

David: “Fiddles are fit?”

Mike: “Oh, they are definitely fit. They work out a lot, especially when Charlie Daniels plays them.”

David: “Charlie Daniels certainly plays a mean fiddle. And Mike and I have chipped in to buy both Bob and Pam a lovely gift basket.”

Bob: “Hey, this is a Burt’s Beer Basket! And look -- there are barf bags with our names lovingly embroidered on them!”

Pam: “That’s very thoughtful, guys. I think it would’ve been quite ironic if Bob and I had killed each other after the effort you knuckleheads went through in falsely reporting our deaths.”

David: “Knucklehead, eh? Hmmm, I think my remorse is slipping.”

Mike: “Mine too. Nah, I’m sorry about my own role. Anyway, we have a great battle that’s about to begin, and you both have your Burt’s.”

David: “And Mike, let’s you and I take off for the day.” (David and Mike exit)

Off-Camera announcer: “This battle is brought to you by the good folks at Burt’s Beer. Burt’s Beer: Everybody loves pancakes. Pancakes are flat. Burt’s Beer is flat. Therefore, everybody loves Burt’s Beer. It’s just logical!”

Team Batman vs. Team Iron Man Mk III

Spoiler Alert!

Bracket Updated

Last edited by davidlhsl; May 28th, 2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old May 28th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Bob: “And we’re back! I’m Bob, and David is over here climbing the walls with excitement.”

David: “It’s Hulk, baby!!! It screams fun through a bullhorn!”

Bob: “Settle down, partner. I suppose I won’t hear the end of it unless you announce for his team.”

David: “No, Bob. I may joke a lot around here, but I don’t want to act the way you and Pam have during the past two battles. I mean, come on. You’re still witnessing a great battle, regardless which team you’re announcing.”

Bob: “So you’ll let me announce for Team Hulk?”

David: “I don’t see why not? But why don’t we just go back to the method we’ve used since the Burt’s Beer battles have begun and assign positions randomly.”

Bob: “You really are making me feel terrible about my conduct, aren’t you?”

David: “No, these super heroes are quite fun. There’s no harm in putting passion into your work.”

Bob: “Thanks, David. I feel a lot better now.”

David: “And there’s no harm in me putting passion into your wife!”

Bob: “Ok, David. When we cut to commercial, you’re headed to the hospital.”

Sock Puppet (appears from behind desk): “Ready to assist!”

Bob: “I’m just making an empty threat, Sock Puppet.”

David: “Wait. Sock Puppet, why don’t you fill in for me tonight. I want to sit in the stands and watch this upcoming battle. Oh, and I have a surprise. Hulk only fills 380 points. Bruce Banner would take his team to 450 points, which was a bit over my Battle Bites draft. However, I’d like to help out my green buddy. So here’s what will happen: Bruce Banner will be drafted with Hulk, but won’t start on the battlefield. When the conditions are ripe for Puny Human, I’ll roll the d20. A roll of 13 or higher will put Bruce Banner into play, otherwise he won’t make the switch! Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to find a good seat.” (exits)

Sock Puppet: “Hey, this is fantastic! Let’s get the battle started.”

Off-Camera announcer: “This battle is brought to you by the good folks at Burt’s Beer. Burt’s Beer: It screams Puke through a bullhorn!”

Team Incredible Hulk vs. Team Wolverine

Spoiler Alert!

Bracket Updated
Old May 28th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Aww man, Wolverine's team going down really busted my bracket, I had his team winning it all. I guess an enraged Hulk w/h can smash up more than brackets though!

Congrats on your views achievement! Here's to the next 25K!
May it never loose it's sponsorship, or it's comical banter.

C3G team building links.
Old May 28th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Eyed Jedi View Post
Aww man, Wolverine's team going down really busted my bracket, I had his team winning it all. I guess an enraged Hulk w/h can smash up more than brackets though!

Congrats on your views achievement! Here's to the next 25K!
May it never loose it's sponsorship, or it's comical banter.
Welcome to my Curse! I have a habit of watching everyone I root for go down in flames. Hulk did get a boost from Bruce, but Wolverine was just one point shy.
Old June 8th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

David: “Bob, this thread has gone over 25,000 views, and we’re at the final battle of the first round of our Battle Bites tournament. How can this possibly get any better?”

Bob: “How about we celebrate with a warm can of Burt’s Beer?”

David: “No, that doesn’t make things better.”

Bob: “I’m certainly not offering you any tea. You should promote our sponsor, David. Come on, take one teensy weensy widdle sip.”

David (takes a sip): “Flat. Warm. Feel like throwing up. Yeah, that’s Burt’s, all right.”

Bob: “We now have Spider-Man battling another version of Iron Man. We’ve got a lot of Iron, don’t we?”

David: “Yes we do. Anyway, we’ll take this battle back to a city street brawl, and we’ll have some tall buildings. I was originally going to do a Walking Dead setting with zombies, but I think this next group should play amongst the buildings.”

Bob: “Is this the last of the battle mats?”

David: “I’ve been having so much fun on this that I’m tempted to keep the party rocking. However, my plan for the next round would work a lot better if we return to our regular Heroscape terrain. I do need to write down all my instructions and special rules, as I definitely want to keep them. I would definitely love to return to this way of battling.”

Bob: “Are you going to also write down your freeway rules?”

David: “No. It was a fun experiment, but these city battles are certainly a keeper. So let’s get this battle underway!”

Off-Camera announcer: “This battle is brought to you by the good folks at Burt’s Beer. Burt’s Beer: What’s so great about being sober?”

Team Iron Man Mk IV vs. Team Spider-Man

Spoiler Alert!

Bracket Updated

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion