Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 17th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Steel

The Book of Steel

C3G DC WAVE 13
THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Origin set.
Its model number and name are #067-069 / Steel.

Character Bio - Doctor John Henry Irons is a brilliant engineer who was once the head engineer of the weapons division at AmerTek Industries. When he learned that one of his most dangerous weapons that he designed (the BG-60) was sold to the black market and was used by local gangs to kill innocent lives, he tried to leave the company. However, his supervisors tried to strong arm him into staying, so he faked his death and moved to the slums of Metropolis to reunite with family and to also hide his existence.
During the colossal fight between Superman and Doomsday, John showed an amazing drive to risk his own life to help others who were in need of help. After Superman's death, the streets were littered with criminals, thugs, villains, and opportunistic thieves. Dedicated to serving his community and also upholding the spirit of Superman who gave his life for the city, John created a suit of armor that gave him super human strength, flight, low level invulnerability, and wrist gauntlets that fired steel bolts. He also fashioned himself a large hammer that at first was just a simple design, but later he modified it with a targeting computer, fuel-injected propulsion devices, and a memory chip that allowed it to be programmed to carry out different tasks and then return to him.
Using his new suit and powers, he took the fight for Truth, Justice, and the American way to the streets and cleaned up the gangs and the local crime lords who were pushing drugs and weapons into the general public.
Because of the S-shield that he chose to wear in remembrance of Superman, the media, including Lois Lane, suspected that he may have been Superman in disguise. Lois' theory was that it was possible that Superman's spirit may have even "walked in" to the new hero that called himself Steel.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Champion

Last edited by tcglkn; March 8th, 2021 at 01:30 AM.
Old August 17th, 2011, 09:39 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Steel - Designing

NAME = STEEL
SECRET IDENTITY = JOHN HENRY IRONS

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 260

SMART HAMMER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4 + Special.
Instead of moving and attacking normally, choose a non-adjacent figure to attack. No clear line of sight is needed. You may either:
• count the minimum number of spaces between Steel and the defending figure and add one die to this special attack for each space counted; or
• choose one additional non-adjacent figure to attack. Roll attack dice separately for each chosen figure. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.
You may only use this special attack once per round. After using this special attack, subtract 2 from Steel's Attack number for the remainder of the round.

BOLT GAUNTLETS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 2.
When attacking with this special attack, Steel may attack up to four times.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

Last edited by tcglkn; March 7th, 2021 at 03:48 PM.
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Make sure to link this in discussion. I was going to do it, but then my Internet got cranky again ...

Range 5. Attack 5.
After attacking with this special attack, Steel may attack two additional times. He cannot attack the same figure more than once. No clear line of sight is needed when attacking with this special attack. You may only use this special attack once per round. After using this special attack, subtract 2 from Steel's normal attack number for the remainder of the round.

I think the last line would be a bit clearer like this.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 17th, 2011, 10:25 PM

OK.
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:26 PM

Do you think maybe his defense should come down to 5 and we give him tough?
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I dunno ... I was digging a two (text) power card!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 17th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I like this design at two powers. Do you want to boost his defense to 7? I'd be fine with that.

Human kinda surprised me (though I don't know anything about most Superman villains), is he a man in a suit of armor?
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:43 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

@Tcglkn: He isn't a villain. He stood in Superman's place when everybody thought him dead after the battle with Doomsday. And he basically is just a man in an amoured suit.

@Griff: I am actually dissapointed in this design. At best it feels ho-hum. 2 special attacks that are only offering 2 different power-levelled multiple attacks. When I let you take him I honestly thought you wanted him because you had a something really exciting for him. This design doesn't excite me.

Edit: I know that wasn't completely helpful. So here are somethings you could think about:
  • His hammer is his main attack.
  • His hammer has a built in guidance system (LOS not required maybe)
  • His hammer gains momentum the further it is thrown & actuall hits harder the farther it goes (+1 die for each space between him & the attacker maybe)
  • His hammer is called a smart hammer & can analyse the target for a weakness (- defense dice for the defender maybe)

Last edited by A3n; August 18th, 2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Thanks A3n, guess that shows just how little I know of this character. I'll humbly bow out of any theme debates/redesigns here.
Old August 18th, 2011, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
  • His hammer is his main attack.
  • His hammer has a built in guidance system (LOS not required maybe)
  • His hammer gains momentum the further it is thrown & actuall hits harder the farther it goes (+1 die for each space between him & the attacker maybe)
  • His hammer is called a smart hammer & can analyse the target for a weakness (- defense dice for the defender maybe)
  1. I have that with an attack 6. This guy originally was not all that superhuman. He was fighting thugs.
  2. I already had that in the special attack. Did you read it carefully?
  3. OK, I could go with that, but I think it becomes a bit too similar to our most recent Iron Man honestly, and this is certainly a different design, though the characters are comparable.
  4. His Smart Hammer is also known for being used as a missile that can hit several targets and then returns to Steel.
Let's break down what I have.

ATTACK 6

Range 5. Attack 5.

After attacking with this special attack, Steel may attack two additional times. He cannot attack the same figure more than once. No clear line of sight is needed when attacking with this special attack. You may only use this special attack once per round. After using this special attack, subtract 2 from Steel's normal attack number for the remainder of the round.

His normal attack (which is represented by his Hammer) is only one less than Superman.
He can attack 3 separate figures in one turn with his Smart Hammer.
He doesn't need clear line of sight for his Smart Hammer.
After throwing his Hammer, it takes a while for it to return (next round), so until then, he has to give up some of his attack. (may -1 as opposed to -2 would be better).

I think there is a helluvalot going on there, and I hope this was just a case of you skimming the card instead of reading each line.

Now, the other special attack is boring. I would agree with you if you had said that. But not the Hammer. The bolt gauntlets are basically what he used to shoot back at the low level thugs that he was fighting. So that power really should help against squads.

To justify his stats:
LIFE = 4 He is just a man in a suit like Tony Stark
MOVE = 5 He wasn't all that fast at first, though later on he upgraded his boots
RANGE = 1 He is mainly a melee fighter who depends on swinging his hammer
ATTACK = 6 His attack was never on par with Superman, even when Superman was weakened by his resurrection
DEFENSE = 6 His defense is comparable to Iron Man IMO.
Old August 18th, 2011, 03:10 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Ok I did miss the no LOS part but not the rest. Whichever way you spin it is just 2 special attacks that allow multiple attacks, & that is very lack lustre IMPO.

I get that you are reducing his normal attack when the hammer is in flight which I support 100%, & I get that the smart hammer can target multiple figures, but you are doing that with the spike launcher anyway.

John filled the void left by Superman's "death" when metropolis was being over run with crime. He brought hope back to the people again & even inspired other superheroes to keep fighting the good fight. If we could convey any of that in a design I am sure it would be amazing. There probably isn't any good way to do that but it would be amazing.

I agree with all your stats, I just can't agree with 2 multiple attack special powers.

BTW that mini has house of El "S" symbol on him, & if memory serves he didn't invent the smart hammer until after Superman's return which was when he stopped wearing that symbol & adopted his own "S" symbol which is on the other mini.

Cheers
Old August 18th, 2011, 03:40 AM

So after chatting with A3n, he is happy with the design and mini choice with this change to the special attack:

Quote:
Range 5. Attack 4.

Choose a non-adjacent figure to attack. No clear line of sight is needed. You may either
  • count the minimum number of spaces between Steel and the defending figure and add one die to this special attack for each space counted.
    or
  • choose one figure adjacent to defending figure to also be affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.
You may only use this special attack once per round. After using this special attack, subtract 2 from Steel's normal attack number for the remainder of the round.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library