Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old August 1st, 2008, 02:06 PM

miniandmee7 Woo who?
Cyprien Army

Hey everyone. I am having an eight person tournament (460 points) at my house, not very competitive (the level is, but not the armies). I think I am going to try a thematic army containing vampires. So far I have:

1x Cyprien (150)
1x Sonya (195)
2x Shades (395)

Whats left is 65 points. I know its lacking some range, but it has great mobility, so range isnt that much of a threat. I am trying to keep it thematic but it doesnt have to be. Also I was thinking about zombies, but they arent effective with one squad. (My brother is using Zetacron, so that isnt an option). If anyone has any suggestions or a modified version they would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

If chocolate chip cookies are made out of chocolate chips...what are girl scout cookies made of?

If vegetabale oil is made out of vegetables...what is baby oil made of?
Old August 1st, 2008, 05:45 PM

orc king 101 costs too much!
Re: Cyprien Army

I dont really know but you will have some good luck replasing one orc shade with one arrow grut.

All hail followers of utgar!!!
Old August 1st, 2008, 06:04 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, you could throw in the Tagawa Samurai Archers for 65 points. It's not much, but it does give you some range.

Or perhaps the Marro Warriors (with their Rebirth Ability) and then you could still take Isamu or Otonashi with the remaining 15 points.

Or even the Izumi Samurai wouldn't be bad.

Just my two cents, without taking away from the core you've already established.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 1st, 2008, 06:15 PM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

How many packs of zombies do you have?

If you have multiple packs (at least 4 squads), I would suggest dropping the shades and just mobbing your opponent with zombies, then having Cyprien clean up after the dust has settled.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints
Old August 1st, 2008, 06:19 PM

pti8 is surprisingly tart

I normally use Sonya with Cyprien as a Rule of Thumb, but what about this.
Cyprien 150
Shades x3 450
Isamu 460
Super high mobility and possible of 9 chances to Soul Devour. If you get some dice going this could be awesome.

Usually send out Isamu first to try and assinate a Jandar hero. Like Nifliem or Sgt. Drake (old or new). Then take out your shades and go first for the range. Remember you can stealth fly away if you need.

If you go against glads/blasts, Cry.
Old August 1st, 2008, 06:22 PM

hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by orc king 101 View Post
I dont really know but you will have some good luck replasing one orc shade with one arrow grut.

So… you don't know, but you think that will give him good luck?

What about adding Dumutef x2 and Isamu for the last 60.

The Dumutef Guards can be used with the shades to take advantage of the Devourer Enchantment. Fits theme wise too.
Old August 1st, 2008, 07:00 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

Cyprien/Sonya - 195
Stingers x3 - 375
Deathreavers x2 - 455

It's a tournament, so you can disregard the overwhelmingly bland choice of figures, and concentrate on the win.

Deathreavers tie up your opponents. Cyprien is free to fly from tied up figure to tied up figure. Stingers for ranged support.

Unless your friends are extremely skilled at the game, as long as you know what you are doing you should have no problem.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 10:00 AM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomolka View Post
Cyprien/Sonya - 195
Stingers x3 - 375
Deathreavers x2 - 455

It's a tournament, so you can disregard the overwhelmingly bland choice of figures, and concentrate on the win.

Deathreavers tie up your opponents. Cyprien is free to fly from tied up figure to tied up figure. Stingers for ranged support.

Unless your friends are extremely skilled at the game, as long as you know what you are doing you should have no problem.
Winning isn't everything, you know. He did say he wasn't playing extremely competetive armies.

Holylink718's Repaints
Old August 2nd, 2008, 11:21 AM

miniandmee7 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holylink718 View Post
Quote:
Cyprien/Sonya - 195
Stingers x3 - 375
Deathreavers x2 - 455

Winning isn't everything, you know. He did say he wasn't playing extremely competetive armies.
Right, but still I might give that army to my neighbor, who kinda needs a good army like that. Anyway everyone thanks for the help.

If chocolate chip cookies are made out of chocolate chips...what are girl scout cookies made of?

If vegetabale oil is made out of vegetables...what is baby oil made of?
Old August 2nd, 2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniandmee7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by holylink718 View Post
Quote:
Cyprien/Sonya - 195
Stingers x3 - 375
Deathreavers x2 - 455

Right, but still I might give that army to my neighbor, who kinda needs a good army like that. Anyway everyone thanks for the help.
My mistake. I thought you were making the army for yourself (and didn't want the best most strongest army ever).

Holylink718's Repaints
Old August 2nd, 2008, 07:13 PM

Marsman has disabled reputation

Going with your original army, why not Shotgun for 65 points for some range and anti swarm?

War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory.
Old August 2nd, 2008, 08:04 PM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker

Thematic eh,
Cyprien
Iskra
Rechets
Isamu

2xShades OR
3xZombies + Marcu

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion