Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old August 1st, 2011, 11:53 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Books: What are you currently reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
The only negative I can see in an 8th book is the potential that it is never finished. If I were certain that it would be completed, I would like to have 10 books. They are amazing.
A_Train, you'll be happy to know I started the 4th, when I finished the 3rd and just had to keep going.
Very happy to know this, its the best way to go, in my opinion, heh.

Quote:
Looking forward to reading Dance of Dragons Its on it way to my home...
It is fantastic. As big a fan as I am of A Song of Ice and Fire, I think Feast For Crows was a bit slower than the other 3 novels. Dance with Dragons seems far better in my opinion. I'm only 160 pages in, but its been great. Just came across POV I wasn't expecting.
I recently finished A Dance With Dragons. I was quite happy with the book, but I've got this feeling that the story will never be completed. It took him years to write the 1000 pages, and still had a lot of characters that were barely touched on. I don't see it wrapping up in 2 books like the supposed 'plan', not if he keeps true to his writing style.
I linked earlier that he now says it might take 3.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 1st, 2011, 12:41 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Just finished the new Dresden novel Ghost Story and it was awesome!
More revelations and changes and Butcher does not disappoint.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old August 1st, 2011, 10:46 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

John Adams by David McCullough.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old August 1st, 2011, 11:05 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just finished Of Mice and MEn.

Very good book. One of my favorites. It was also my great-grandfather's favorite, so it's cool to have read a book someone three generations ago liked.

~Rednax
Old August 1st, 2011, 11:54 PM

Imaginos is surprisingly tart

Just started Sooner Dead by Mel Odom. The first of the new Gamma World novels.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 02:39 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Finally started book 12 in The Wheel of Time. After that New Spring, and the rest of A Song of Ice and Fire series, have just read A Game of Thrones so far.
Old August 4th, 2011, 12:35 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Started The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss a couple days ago. I don't have much time to read, and most of it is as I walk to work two days a week, or if I choose to ride the bus.

0 pages in - well, I've heard it's good, but meh. I'll give it a shot
3 pages in - huh...neat
50 pages in - this is really good
96 pages in - screw work, I'm going to use PTO to keep reading until my eyes stop working.

Basically, this book is great.
Old August 16th, 2011, 07:31 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Don't have it yet, but I do plan to buy Terry Goodkind's new book, "The Omen Machine" that was released today! Terry Goodkind has been my favorite author since I highschool! Very glad I picked up that copy of Wizards First Rule 8 years ago.
Old August 16th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not a big fan of King's work, but this one seemed to have a unique concept. We'll see how it goes.
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Reading Lamplighter, second in D.M. Cornish's Foundling series. I know there's at least one more, Factotum, but I have no idea if that's the last. With a name like that I suspect there'll be more (Eggcandler, perhaps?).

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 17th, 2011, 12:08 AM

Imaginos is surprisingly tart

About to start Corvus by Paul Kearney.
Old August 24th, 2011, 07:54 PM

Scaper Nerd is surprisingly tart

I am reading The Orc King by R.A. Salvator. I just finished Jurrasic Park.

Scaper Nerd is Sharwin Wildborn...
in the Tower of Agony..

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books