Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old December 23rd, 2010, 06:14 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: davidlhsl's Battle Stories - Ho! Ho! Ho!

Round 1 / Turn 2

David: "Punisher snaps a clip into his gun, ..."

Punisher: "IT'S CALLED A WEAPON, YOU @#?! This is my weapon, this is my gun, ..."

David: "Punisher snaps a clip into his weapon, and moves forward down the street. He is in range to fire on John Stewart, but chooses a more tempting target in the SHIELD Spotter that John Stewart didn't carry. He fires his Assault Rifle, giving him three attacks. The second attack will roll 1 fewer dice and the third will roll 2 fewer dice. BLAM! Blocked. BLAM! BLAM! Wow, also blocked. BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!"

SHIELD Spotter: "Aaaagh!"

David: "Got her."

Bob: "The SHIELD Spotter is next. The Spotter on the roof is the only one not engaged with Guy Gardner. Punisher is in range. Payback time! The attack is blocked."

David: "HYDRA Agents are next. The Agent on the ladder finishes climbing and moves along the rooftop to get sight on both Punisher and one of the SHIELD Agents. A second climbs the ladder. A third holds position next to the Ninja, and the fourth holds position in the shadows. The HYDRA on the roof fires on the SHIELD Agent and takes him out. The HYDRA on the ladder can't see anyone. The HYDRA next to the Ninja attacks, but the Ninja blocks. The fourth in the shadows tries to finish off the last SHIELD Agent, but the SHIELD blocks."

Bob: "Kyle Rayner is next. He flies up to engage the SHIELD Spotter and John Stewart and attacks John Stewart. I guess he's really upset about not getting the Green Construct. 5 skulls! John Stewart wisely burns a battery to cancel the attack and deliver a wound to Kyle with Green Shield Strike." Editor's note: These Lanterns are so much fun to play!

David: "Ninja time! Bonding goes to Bullseye, Bullseye moves next to a car and fires down the street on Punisher with a +skull Deadly Aim bonus. Punisher takes 2 wounds. Now the Ninjas move. One moves to the glyph, giving him +1 attack and +1 attack for height on Punisher. The second Ninja remains engaged to the HYDRA. The third moves on the sidewalk next to Bullseye to fire on the HYDRA in the shadows, which adds +1 defense. First attack is on Punisher with +2 bonus. Punisher blocks all three skulls!!! The second attacks the HYDRA in the shadows, taking out the HYDRA and giving +1 defense to HYDRAs. The third attacks the HYDRA, but the HYDRA can't block the 3-skull attack and goes down. Eight HYDRAs remain."

Bob: "At the end of the 2nd turn, two of the three SHIELD Agents are down, a SHIELD Sniper and Spotter are down, four HYDRA agents are down, Punisher has 2 wounds/3 life left, John Stewart has 1 wound/3 life left, and Kyle Rayner has 1 wound/3 life left.

Round 1 / Turn 3

David: "Echo is next. She moves next to Punisher and Mimics Punisher's Range 7, then fires on the car in front of Bullseye. She delivers three wounds on the car at range, triggering an explosion. The explosion whiffs, sending the car to the used car lot."

Bob: "The SHIELD Sniper is next. John Stewart probably regrets not giving himself a second order marker. The Sniper takes a risk and breaks engagement with Guy Gardner. Guy swipes and takes out the Sniper."

David: "Let's play What If: What if the Sniper had held and fired at Guy. 1 skull rolled. The non-skull is re-rolled due to the Spotter's Improved Aim ability, which assists the Sniper, but the re-roll blanks. The skull is doubled due to Deadly Shot for 2 skulls. Guy would have rolled defense instead of burning a battery, and Guy would have blocked. The risk was worth it."

Bob: "Back to the game. Sinestro is next."

David: "Bawwwwk! Bawk! Bawk! Bawk!"

Sinestro: "I'm a YELLOW LANTERN, not a chicken!!!"

David: "Sorry! Sinestro flies onto the roof, and has clear sight of several figures. He targets Punisher, because Punisher made the loudest chicken noises. Four skulls against three shields... Wow! Only 1 wound for Punisher, 2 life left."

Punisher: "Didn't feel a thing, Chicken! BAWK! BAWK!"

Bob: "Guy Gardner is next and attacks John Stewart. 2 skulls. John opts to conserve his batteries and rolls defense, taking a wound, 2 life left."

David: "Ninja attack. Bonding goes to Bullseye, who climbs up in the center next to the Ninja on the glyph. Target: Punisher! Bullseye has +1 height and +skull Deadly Aim. 3 wounds is enough to put the lights out on Punisher. Ninjas are next. The one on the glyph holds position, the second climbs up next to the Ninja on the glyph, and the third moves on height and engagement of three HYDRAs. The Ninja next to the HYDRAs attacks first, but the HYDRA blocks both skulls. The one on height and engagement of Echo attacks Echo, Echo takes a wound, 3 life left. If she had rolled one more shield, she would have taken out the Ninja with Mirrored Counter Strike. The Ninja on the glyph fires his shooting stars on Echo with +1 glyph and +1 height, and Echo blocks the attack. End of Round 1."

Bob: "Down for the count: 2 SHIELD Agents, 4 HYDRA Agents, 2 SHIELD Snipers, 1 SHIELD Spotter, Punisher. Wounded: Echo with 1 wound/3 life left, John Stewart with 2 wounds/2 life left, Kyle Rayner with 1 wound/3 life left."

To be continued...
Old December 23rd, 2010, 06:16 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
Too bad you only took one squad of S.H.I.E.L.D. They're great fun.

Looking forward to the rest, as always.
True, and I should have given the Construct to Kyle Rayner. But I saw an opportunity to work in all 15 figures with 5 roughly even teams.

This is sooooo much fun!
Old December 23rd, 2010, 06:32 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Programming Note

Taking a break now, but I am snapping pics along the way. I've decided to save them for later to post as a grand finish to the proceedings.

I do wonder how far I can push Sinestro, though, before he turns his attack on me. I guess it's a good thing I'm insane!
Old December 23rd, 2010, 06:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Vanilla Coke is pretty good!

Burt's Beer ... even better on the way up!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 23rd, 2010, 07:14 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Great work man. I'm a little confused though, why the apology?
Old December 23rd, 2010, 07:30 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Reference to another thread, as I made a NASCAR reference. Offered in good humor, of course.
Old December 23rd, 2010, 07:31 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Reference to another thread, as I made a NASCAR reference. Offered in good humor, of course.
Oh yea, I was thinking it had something to do with the battle. I was like what did he do wrong. Good stuff, all these units are incredibly fun.
Old December 23rd, 2010, 08:07 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Round 2 / Turn 1

David: "Let's roll for initiative: Team Green is up!"

Bob: "Guy continues his assault on John Stewart; whom he is probably confusing for the host of The Daily Show, which he sometimes watches. 2 skulls. John Stewart has been burned trying to roll defense, but he really doesn't want to lose any more batteries if he can help it. Finally: 2 shields for the block! Guy isn't finished with him and opts to take a wound and use Willful Overextend. Three skulls. John winces and opts to burn a battery and deliver a wound on Guy with Green Shield Strike. Guy has 2 life remaining."

Guy (Daffy Duck voice): "You realize, of course, that this means war."

David: "Ninja Party. Elektra gets the bonded turn. She moves forward but can't find any targets. Ninjas move next. Or, to be more accurate, Ninjas hold position. The Ninja next to the HYDRAs attacks one from height (correction to previous report: the Ninja is engaged with two HYDRAs instead of three). The fifth HYDRA goes down, activating Immortal HYDRA +1 defense. It won't matter, because the other two are focused on Echo. The other two are focused on Echo. Wait -- is there an Echo in here?"

Bob: "Quit horsing around!"

David (laughing): "The figure adjacent to Echo attacks first with height. Echo takes 2 wounds/1 life left. The Ninja on the glyph attacks and delivers the final wound."

Bob: "Echo had the order marker, so she loses the turn. John Stewart is up, and summons the Green Construct on top of the roof! Kyle mutters some random obscenities. John sacrifices his attack phase to give a turn to the Construct. Construct attacks Guy Gardner with a Double Attack. First attack rolls 3 skulls. Guy curses and pitches one of his batteries into the trash, 2 batteries remaining. Second attack rolls 2 skulls. Guy braces himself and rolls defense, blocking the skulls."

David: "HYDRAs are up next. The one on the ladder climbs onto the roof, the one already on the roof next to Sinestro holds position, a third climbs the ladder and has clear sight of that troublesome Ninja, and the fourth climbs up to level height with the same Ninja. Sinestro approves. HYDRA on the ladder attacks the Ninja below, taking him out. The adjacent HYDRA loses his target. The two on the roof pick targets below. The first targets Bullseye, but Bullseye blocks. The other fires on Bullseye, and Bullseye is able to block that attack as well. Sinestro does NOT approve!"

Bob: "End of Turn 1. Down and out: 2 SHIELD Agents, 2 SHIELD Snipers, 1 SHIELD Spotter, 5 HYDRA Agents, 1 Hand Ninja, Punisher, Echo. Wounded: John Stewart with 2 wounds/2 life left/1 battery left, Guy Gardner with 2 wounds/2 life left/2 batteries left, Kyle Rayner with 1 wound/3 life left/all 4 batteries left."

Round 2 / Turn 2

David: "Kyle opts to attack John Stewart."

Kyle Rayner: "John, if that had been my Construct, my Sustained Willpower would protect me and possibly the Construct as well. But you don't have Sustained Willpower, so you will have to eat fists!"

David: "Uh, I'll do the announcing, if you don't mind. Kyle attacks and rolls 2 skulls. John opts to roll defense and is able to block."

Bob: "Ninja! Elektra gets the bonded turn. She moves towards the HYDRA Agent and hits with her normal attack, taking out the sixth HYDRA. Now for Ninja action. The two in the middle move towards the building with the HYDRAs and engage two HYDRA Agents. A third emerges from the start zone and moves next to Elektra. The first Ninja attacks a HYDRA and takes him out. The second Ninja attacks, with the HYDRA getting +1 defense. That HYDRA also goes down, with only four remaining."

David: "Daredevil gets into the game! He slips behind the building where Sinestro and the HYDRA are, hoping to remain unnoticed."

Bob: "John Stewart holds position and turns it over to the Burger King toy, which we don't have. But Iron Man is a neat proxy. Green Construct attacks Guy and rolls 1 skull. Guy will roll defense with only 2 batteries remaining. He blocks. Green Construct attacks Guy again with Double Attack and rolls 2 skulls. Guy winces and rolls defense, hoping to only take one wound or none. Two shields saves the day for Guy."

David: "Sinestro is next. He twirls his thin moustache and blasts at Bullseye below. Bullseye takes his first wound, 4 life left."

Bullseye: "I smell chicken!"

Sinestro: "I'm a... never mind. I'll deal with you, young man!"

Bob: "End of Turn 2. Casualties: 2 SHIELD Agents, 2 SHIELD Snipers, 1 SHIELD Spotter, 8 HYDRA Agents, 1 Hand Ninja, Punisher, Echo. Wounded: Bullseye with 1 wound/4 life left, John Stewart with 2 wounds/2 life left/1 battery left, Guy Gardner with 2 wounds/2 life left/2 batteries left, Kyle Rayner with 1 wound/3 life left/4 batteries left."

To be continued...
Old December 23rd, 2010, 08:41 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Round 2 / Turn 3

David: "Guy Garner wipes his face and fires at John Stewart, rolling 4 skulls. John yelps and coughs up his last battery, delivering a third wound on Guy with Green Shield Strike. John Stewart is out of batteries and Guy is down to his last life. Meanwhile, Sinestro simply laughs from the rooftop across the street."

Bob: "Ninjas give bonding to Elektra, Elektra decides to forfeit her normal move and attack to use her Deadly Barrage Special Attack. This is where she can move up to 5 spaces and attack up to 5 times at any point as long as no figure is attacked more than once. Defenders can not roll defense against the 1 attack die. Elektra move next to the first HYDRA and slashes, rolling a blank. I'm wondering if Elektra can use her Phantom Walk. I'll assume no, even though I am always wrong about these things, and simply have Elektra move around without a second target to attack. (Note: I'm now leaning towards her using Phantom Walk provided she doesn't attack while moving through a figure.)

"Ninjas are next. One moves under the HYDRA on the ladder to attack, one moves next to the last SHIELD Agent, and the other moves next to the HYDRA that Elektra couldn't take out. First attack is on the SHIELD Agent, and the attack whiffs. The second is on the HYDRA on the ladder, and that attack is block. The last is on the HYDRA on the ground, and another 2 skulls are blocked."

David: "Daredevil is next. He climbs up the ladder behind the building with Sinestro and fires at Sinestro. He whiffs the attack and Sinestro clucks with joy."

Sinestro: "LAUGHS with joy! Fear me, you fools!"

Bob: "John Stewart is next and turns it over to the Construct, who attacks Guy with 2 skulls. Guy mutters and decides to burn his third battery to cancel the attack. What if he had rolled? He would have whiffed defense and gone down. The Construct attacks Guy again with his Double Attack and rolls another 2 skulls. Guy burns his final battery to cancel that attack. If he had rolled, he would have blocked, but the odds were against him."

David: "The HYDRA Agents are next. The one on the ladder completes the climb to the top of the roof to join the two others. The one on the ground remains engaged with the Ninja and Elektra. He attacks Elektra with height advantage, but Elektra blocks the attack. The other three fire on Daredevil, who is still on the ladder. First attack is 1 skull, so Daredevil rolls the d20 to test his Radar Sense 12. He misses and blocks the attack. Second attack rolls 3 skulls! Radar Sense 12 misses again, but Daredevil manages to roll 3 shields! Finally, 2 skulls are rolled on the last attack. Radar Sense 12 kicks in and Daredevil puts himself engaged with Sinestro and one of the HYDRAs."

Bob: "Hey, David! Have you been forgetting something?"

David (frowning): "Yes, I haven't been thinking about the knockback rules. Grrrrr, that may played a part with the Green Lanterns. Anyway, it's Christmas, so we continue. But not now, because it's the end of Round 2."

Bob: "Casualties: 2 SHIELD Agents, 2 SHIELD Snipers, 1 SHIELD Spotter, 8 HYDRA Agents, 1 Hand Ninja, Punisher, Echo. Wounded: Bullseye with 1 wound/4 life left, John Stewart with 2 wounds/2 life left/0 batteries, Guy Gardner with 3 wounds/1 life left/0 batteries, Kyle Rayner with 1 wound/3 life left/4 batteries."

To be continued...
Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:21 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Round 3 / Turn 1

David: "Team Sinestro is up, and the HYDRAs go first. One decides to break engagement with Daredevil, and Daredevil takes him out with the engagement strike. That may have seemed a stupid move until you consider that Daredevil's Man Without Fear gives him +1 attack dice for each adjacent enemy. The others hold position. First, the HYDRA on the ground goes for Elektra from height again, but Elektra blocks. The other two on the roof fire at Daredevil. First attack whiffs and the second rolls a skull. Radar Sense fails, but Daredevil is still able to block."

Bob: "Guy tries for a final blow on John Stewart and rolls 1 skull. Out of batteries, John rolls and whiffs defense, taking a third wound, 1 life left. Guy doesn't have anything left for a Willful Overextend."

David: "Perhaps Guy should switch to Energizer."

Bob: "Ninjas pass the bonded turn to Elektra. She uses Phantom Walk to slip past her Ninja to climb up the ladder. She fires at a HYDRA on the roof, but the HYDRA blocks the attack. Ninjas go next and hold ground. First, the lone SHIELD Agent is attacked, but the attack whiffs. The other two attack the HYDRA on the ground, and the first attack is good enough to take out the 10th HYDRA."

David: "Daredevil attacks Sinestro with +1 Man Without Fear bonus and rolls 2 skulls. Sinestro conserves his batteries and rolls defense, but Sinestro whiffs!!! Sinestro takes 2 wounds, 3 life left. Talk about your chickens coming home to roost. Or some other silly saying. Never mind."

Bob: "Are you done, David? John Stewart lets the Green Construct go, and the first Double Attack is for Guy. Four skulls, and a whiffed defense doesn't matter anyway. Guy Gardner is out. The second attack is directed at Kyle Rayner, and 1 skull leaves Kyle with an easy decision to roll defense. Kyle easily blocks."

David: "That's the end of Turn 1? That seemed short. On to Turn 2!"

Round 3 / Turn 2

Bob: "Sinestro decides that he doesn't like Daredevil and attacks. Since Daredevil is Fearless, Sinestro's Force of Fear Special Attack wouldn't be useful at this stage. His normal attack will give Sinestro an additional attack die. Four skulls, and Daredevil rolls a 16 for Radar Sense."

David (singing): "We've got a thing that's called radar love / We've got a wave in the air.... radar love. Doot doot doot doot doot doo-doo-doot!"

Bob: "David, knock it off with the Golden Earring. Daredevil avoids the attack and remains in place."

David: "Kyle Raynor attack John in an attempt to avenge Guy's knockout. With a full set of batteries, Kyle rolls 3 skulls. John can't help but roll defense, since he's out of batteries. Only one shield, and both John Stewart and his Construct fizzle into the locker room."

Bob: "Ninjas tag Elektra for a bonded turn, and Elektra decides to use her Deadly Barrage Special Attack. She moves onto the roof and whiffs both attacks on the two HYDRAs."

David: "Bob, since it doesn't make any sense for Elektra to take engagement strikes while moving for this Special Attack, I now believe that Elektra can use Phantom Walk while doing this."

Bob: "I agree. Now for the Ninjas. One Ninja climbs the ladder, while another moves into the shadows to assist his fellow Ninja in finishing off the SHIELD Agent that refuses to go away. The HYDRA on the roof blocks the attack, and the SHIELD Agent blocks both attacks on him."

David: "Daredevil has another go at Sinestro and rolls 2 skulls. Sinestro decides he can't whiff defense again and rolls. This time, Sinestro blocks. John Stewart loses his turn, so it's the end of Turn 2."

Bob: "Survivors: Elektra with no wounds, Bullseye with 1 wound/4 life left, 8 Hand Ninjas, Daredevil, 1 SHIELD Agent, 1 SHIELD Spotter, Sinestro with 2 wounds/3 life left/4 batteries left, 2 HYDRA Agents, Kyle Rayner with 1 wound/3 life left/4 batteries left."

To be continued...
Old December 23rd, 2010, 10:22 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Round 3 / Turn 3

David: "Sinestro fires at Daredevil again, rolling 1 skull. Daredevil gets more Radar Love... I mean, Radar Sense."

Bob: "Kyle Rayner tries to finish off the last SHIELD Spotter, with 5 skulls taking her out easily. Team John Stewart is the first to be taken completely out."

David: "Ninjas pass the bonding to Elektra. Elektra uses her Deadly Barrage Special Attack. She finally takes out one of the HYDRA Agents, but the final HYDRA and Sinestro don't take any damage. That little maneuver really worries Sinestro, because Sinestro would not be able to roll defense, which also means that Sinestro can not use a battery for Yellow Power Shield (I believe this is correct.). Ninjas go next, with the one on the ladder climbing up to attack the final HYDRA Agent. The HYDRA Agent blocks the attack. You know, Bob: for only 2 defense, those HYDRA Agents have done pretty well with defending. The other two Ninjas attack the final SHIELD Agent, and one attack is enough to finally take him down."

Bob: "Daredevil attacks Sinestro, whiffing the attack. That brings Round 3 to a close."

David: "Survivors: Elektra with no wounds, Bullseye with 1 wound/4 life left, 8 Hand Ninjas, Daredevil with no wounds, Sinestro with 2 wounds/3 life left/4 batteries, 1 HYDRA Agent, Kyle Rayner with 1 wound/3 life left/4 batteries."

Round 4 / Turn 1

Bob: "Kyle Rayner gets the bump, and he moves to the edge of the roof to fire on Bullseye below. Six skulls against a single shield takes out Bullseye!"

David: "Ouch! Ninjas pass the bonding to Elektra, who attempt another Deadly Barrage Special Attack. This attack was more deadly, as she is able to both deliver an unblockable wound on Sinestro and take out the last HYDRA Agent. Ninjas are next. One moves next to Sinestro, which prevents Sinestro from being able to move into engagement with Elektra. Sinestro should have moved into engagement with Elektra at the beginning of the round instead of attacking Daredevil. Another Ninja begins climbing the ladder, but can't see the roof. The third follows closely behind. The Ninja next to Sinestro fires 1 skull. Sinestro rolls for defense and blocks."

Bob: "Daredevil attacks Sinestro. Since the Ninja is an enemy, Daredevil gets +2 Man Without Fear bonus on Sinestro and rolls 4 skulls. Sinestro burns a battery to cancel. Daredevil's Man Without Fear ability allows him to attack everyone he's engaged with, so he attacks the Ninja with +2 Man Without Fear bonus. That takes down the second Ninja."

David: "That leaves an opening for Sinestro, but Sinestro can't move next to Elektra without breaking engagement with Daredevil. Sinestro snarls and blasts at Daredevil, rolling 3 skulls. Radar Sense fails, so Daredevil rolls defense. Daredevil takes 2 wounds, 2 life left."

Round 4 / Turn 2

Bob: "With fully charged batteries, Kyle is able to fly clear to the other rooftop next to Elektra and attacks. Elektra takes 2 wounds/3 life left."

David: "Ninjas give Elektra the bonding. Elektra uses Deadly Barrage Special Attack to attempt damage on both lanterns and Daredevil. She whiffs all three attacks! Ninjas move, with one engaged with Kyle and another on the ladder next to Kyle. Kyle blocks the first attack, but Kyle completely whiffs against the second and takes a wound, 2 life left."

Bob: "Daredevil continues his focus on Sinestro. 3 skulls, and Sinestro decides to burn a battery instead of risking any more wounds. Sinestro has 2 batteries left. What if? Sinestro would have taken a fatal two wounds if he had opted to roll defense."

David: "Sinestro decides to gamble and breaks engagement with Daredevil by flying. Daredevil swipes one wound on Sinestro and he leaves, putting Sinestro down to his last life. Sinestro lands right into the midst of Elektra, Kyle, and two Ninjas. Sinestro uses his Force of Fear Special Attack on Elektra and rolls 3 skulls. Elektra isn't Insane or Fearless, so she must roll 2 fewer dice in defense. She takes 2 wounds/1 life left. Sinestro burns a battery to attack Elektra again with Force of Fear. Unfortunately, Elektra blocks the two skulls, even with only 3 defense dice. Sinestro only has one battery remaining."

Round 4 / Turn 3

Bob: "Kyle attacks a greatly wounded Sinestro and rolls only one skull. Sinestro opts to roll defense, but no skulls show. Sinestro goes down, and Team Sinestro is out of the game."

David: "Is it possible to say the Chicken's goose is cooked?"

Sinestro (from off stage): "I heard that!!!"

David (laughing): "Ninjas pass bonding to Elektra. Elektra opts to attack Daredevil from range. Assassin's Mark causes her to roll 1 fewer attack dice, but he has a d20 roll of 17 or greater to destroy Daredevil if she can inflict at least one wound. Kyle couldn't be taken out this way, because Assassin's Mark doesn't work on figures with Super Strength. She rolls 2 skulls, and Radar Sense kicks into gear. Daredevil places himself adjacent to Elektra and a Ninja. Now the Ninjas go. One begins climbing the ladder, while the other two are engaged with Kyle. First attack is 2 skulls, and Kyle opts to roll defense. Close call, as only 2 shields show to block the attack. Second attack rolls 1 skull. Kyle feels more confident and rolls defense, easily blocking the attack."

Bob: "Finally, Daredevil ends the round. He attacks Elektra with +2 Man Without Fear. 2 shielda aren't enough to block 3 skulls, and the fatal wound takes down Elektra. Daredevil attacks the Hand Ninja with only +1 bonus, and the Ninja goes down."

David: "End of Round 4. Survivors: 6 Hand Ninjas, Daredevil with 2 wounds/2 life left, Kyle Rayner with 2 wounds/2 life left/4 batteries."

To be continued...
Old December 23rd, 2010, 11:01 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Round 5

David: "Ninjas are up, and they no longer have any Assassins to bond with. Four Ninjas are still in the start zone. One of the start zone Ninjas advances, while the one on the ladder makes it to the roof. Two Ninjas are engaged with Kyle and attack. First attack rolls 2 skulls. Kyle grimaces and opts to burn a battery. He could have blocked if he had rolled. Second attack on Kyle rolls 2 skulls. Kyle decides to risk a defense roll... and blocks!"

Bob: "Daredevil is next. He wants to move into engagement with Kyle, but must settle for the two Ninjas. The attack on the first Ninja with +2 Man Without Pants... er, Man Without Fear bonus gets a single blocked skull. The attack on the second Ninja is more successful, and the fourth Ninja is taken down."

David: "Kyle moves next to Daredevil and targets him for an attack. 4 skulls, and Radar Sense fails! Kyle has really been brutal with the skulls in this match. Daredevil takes a swig from a water bottle, takes 3 wounds, and walks off the field."

Bob: "Ninjas are next. Two Ninjas advance, while the Ninja on the roof attacks Kyle, rolling 3 skulls. Kyle curses and burns a battery, with 2 batteries remaining."

David: "I would say the Ninjas have the upper hand. Get it? Hand? Ninja? Hand Ninja!"

Bob: "David, when we cut to commercial..."

David: "Later, Bob. Kyle attacks the Ninja on the roof, and a fifth Ninja is taken out!"

Bob: "A Ninja makes it onto the roof and attacks Kyle, rolling 2 skulls. Kyle decides to risk rolling defense, hoping for at least one shield out of four dice. He does get a shield -- only one. Kyle takes a wound and is down to his last life."

David: "Kyle attacks the Ninja. Three skulls takes down the sixth Ninja. Only 3 Ninjas remain!"

Round 6

David: "It's getting down to the wire! Ninjas get the jump. Another Ninja makes it onto the roof. One skull. Kyle decides to risk defense, and blocks with only one shield. Kyle breathes a sigh of relief, then grimaces. Sock Puppet must be nearby. Get the Fabreeze!"

Sock Puppet: "You don't exactly smell like a flower garden yourself. And it's spelled Febreze."

David: "Hee! Wait- really? Yes, you're right! Well, back to the battle, as Kyle attacks the Ninja on the roof. 3 skulls, and only one shield takes down the seventh Ninja!"

Bob: "The remaining two Ninjas continue their march. One makes it to the top of the ladder, but doesn't reach the roof. He attacks Kyle and rolls 2 skulls. With only one life and four defense dice plus one for height, Kyle opts not to risk a roll. Kyle burns a battery and has only one battery remaining. Kyle has height on the Ninja on the ladder and attacks, and that Ninja goes down! One Ninja remaining!!!"

David: "The last Ninja makes it to the same ladder rung the last Ninja was on. He attacks Kyle and rolls 3 skulls! Kyle yelps and flips off the final battery. This is anybody's game! Kyle attacks with height bonus, and only gets a single skull. Will the Ninja block? He does!"

Round 7

Bob: "Initiative could decide this. The Ninja has initiative!"

David: "The Ninja climbs up to the roof and attacks. 2 skulls, and Kyle is out of batteries! Kyle whiffs defense, and Team Assassin wins the game with only one surviving Hand Ninja!"

Bob: "All of the players who were involved in the tournament walk back onto the street, turn towards Batman, and give him and the entire C3G team a standing ovation!"

David: "Well, they pretty much have to stand, don't they?"

Bob: "Will you cut that out? Anyway, please check out the C3G Team!"

David: "If you enjoyed this battle report, I would really hope you will consider giving the good folks at C3G some Christmas Rep. And if you haven't tried the C3G customs, what are you waiting for? I didn't have all the figures, and the proxies I uses worked great."

THE END, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion