Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 28th, 2009, 11:10 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Need high quality scans of the Heroes of Elswin army cards

I bought a complete 4 pack of all the units from wave 7 from House Mouse Games (most excellent site, by the way), and in my Heroes of Elswin package I received the correct figures, but I got doubles of the army cards from the Rechets/Marcu/Iskra package. I sent an email to Hasbro, they said WotC is supposed to take care of that stuff. Sent an email to WotC, and of course they say the opposite is true. I'm missing all the cards from this set, Kyntela, Warden 816, Sonya and Cyprien Esenwein, and Isamu.

I did a couple test runs, using the card pictures from the Heroscape official website, and wasn't happy with the results when I resized the cards to make them fit in with all my other cards. So, I'd like to make my own high quality copies of these cards, and was wondering what people here would recommend. Is there a good way to resize the official card pics from Hasbro, a site with correctly scaled scans of the cards already out there, or would someone be willing to scan and upload these army cards in a correctly scaled format? As far as printing goes, I'm considering just using Fedex Kinkos, don't anticipate having to print many of these in the future. From the big custom creators out there, what stock would you suggest using, what kind of printer, that kind of stuff.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

I've been a member since 2007 I think, but this is probably my first post, so no welcomes are neccessary but I don't think that would stop Aldin if he sees this.
Old January 28th, 2009, 11:52 PM

scoutchloe Woo who?
Re: Need high quality scans of the Heroes of Elswin army car

I printed off a few cards from scans. I used trial and error in a photoshop program to change the size of them until they fit exactly in my card pile once trimmed. It took a few tries but eventually they printed out great. I actually think I used the scans from the books of Heroscape on this site (the images look poor but print better than they look. For example, the spiders card doesn't look all that great in the book, but click on it to enlarge it and it is near perfect and easy to alter the size if you need to)

Good luck

Last edited by scoutchloe; January 30th, 2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old January 28th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Welcome to the site!

Anyways, WotC is supposed to handle that. If you check out the books, there are card scans there, but I'm not sure how good they are. Sorry!
Old January 30th, 2009, 12:31 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Try sending Wotc the email from Hasbro and visa versa so they can get it straight between themselves.
Old February 1st, 2009, 06:33 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

As a tech support guy, whenever customer service departments start looping like that I always take care of the problem myself if at all possible. I'll have to continue playing with the card images I already have to see if I can get something passable, thanks guys.
Old February 1st, 2009, 07:54 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

FencerJared, send me a PM with your email and a list of the cards you need scanned and I can get them to you, properly scaled and ready to print.

EDIT:
Nevermind about the figure list. I re-read your first post: Heroes of Elswin.

Last edited by AliasQTip; February 2nd, 2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old February 1st, 2009, 08:25 PM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation

I know this is off topic, but I wouldn't mind a scan of Nerak. The site has a card of him, but it doesn't come out well when you print it. Thanks for any results, and sorry for not making a new thread.
Old February 1st, 2009, 09:42 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sorry, Thorgrim. I don't have any promo figures. (I've got everything else.) If anyone wants to give up their promo figures you can send them to... Oh, just PM me. Thanks.
Old February 1st, 2009, 09:57 PM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Missing cards?

Try this link: http://wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...p?p_faqid=1142

It claims they can replace the cards you're missing-

P.S. Here's a quick Nerak scan...

Last edited by stay_golden_PONYBOY; February 1st, 2009 at 10:34 PM. Reason: nerak
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:12 AM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation

mucho thanks!
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_golden_PONYBOY View Post
Missing cards?

Try this link: http://wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...p?p_faqid=1142

It claims they can replace the cards you're missing-
That was the process I tried, gave them detailed info on where I purchased the item, what wave and specific pack, the service departments from both companies said they don't ever have extra cards (which I now realize I did not say originally), that the other company had them. Probably if I had had an issue with the figures themselves, it would have been taken care of immediately.
Edit: except I emailed them, didn't do it by snail mail (as if anyone would).

Last edited by Fencerjared; February 2nd, 2009 at 03:36 PM. Reason: clarification
Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:17 PM

FencerJared, here are the files you requested. I sent you an email but couldn't attach the zip file because it was too large. The images are in BMP format. If you'd prefer JPG or some other format let me know. I've included both versions, the Basic game and the Advanced version. Click the link to download.

Heroes of Elswin: Army Card Scans

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion