Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Closed Thread

Old September 20th, 2008, 01:55 AM

BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker
Re: NEWS: No Prize Support For NHSD

All involved with trying to get prizes for NHSD I thank you. GB,Truth and the Guru thanks for the info and your attempts to have WotC donate. I take stand like a few have stated on this thread is no prizes are need, no trophies just the pure enjoyment of gaming with fellow 'scaper and walking away with a story or two or even bragging right would suffice me. It just sad to see WotC/Hasbro take a back seat to this important event. any way game on!!!!!

.....YOU UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE !
Old September 20th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Question for the group....why are any of you shocked by this turn of events?

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old September 20th, 2008, 09:13 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Question for the group....why are any of you shocked by this turn of events?
To be quite honest I didnt even think this was even a consideration in the first place.I knew that GB and Truth had secured the extra Skahens at GC for this but didnt even see any reference to WOTC "support" until afterwards.

I am starting to look at the WOTC/Heroscape relation of that of a teenager (WOTC) who's Mother (Hasbro) tell him he has to take his little brother (Heroscape) to the movies with him. Now while the older brother likes his little brother a whole lot he cannot let his other friends know it and there for begrudgingly brings him along.

Maybe Mom will realize how neglected her baby is and take him back under her wing.
Old September 20th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Thanks for the effort guys.

As for Guru's Icon...can it be this?

Old September 20th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
I am starting to look at the WOTC/Heroscape relation of that of a teenager (WOTC) who's Mother (Hasbro) tell him he has to take his little brother (Heroscape) to the movies with him. Now while the older brother likes his little brother a whole lot he cannot let his other friends know it and there for begrudgingly brings him along.

Maybe Mom will realize how neglected her baby is and take him back under her wing.
You need to post this where Paul can read it! I couldn't agree with you more here Onacara. I think I had used a baby bear/momma bear example once. My hope is that momma bear takes note how baby bear is treating her toys.
Old September 20th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post

You need to post this where Paul can read it!
Brother you always know how to make me laugh!

Dr Spin Doctor is no longer in Charge of Scape for WotC. And to be honest he NEVER responded to questions I directed to him in the aforementioned thread. They were tough honest questions that would have told the TRUTH about the status of this game.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old September 20th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

There is one more option.

I dont know if I would recommend it but we could do it.

Have everyone at heroscapers send a letter(email) to WotC and complain about the lack of customer support, and the misleading advertising that WotC gave as they took over heroscape. Also complain then about the way they up and dropped NHSD after it has been an event for so long. (before I ever came a member.)

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old September 20th, 2008, 02:12 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer2 View Post
There is one more option.

I dont know if I would recommend it but we could do it.

Have everyone at heroscapers send a letter(email) to WotC and complain about the lack of customer support, and the misleading advertising that WotC gave as they took over heroscape. Also complain then about the way they up and dropped NHSD after it has been an event for so long. (before I ever came a member.)
DS...I appreciate your enthusiasm but please explain your comments.

Define lack of customer support?

What was their misleading advertising?

They never had NHSD so they couldn't drop it...also NHSD was something the fans made "official" (I believe)...if that was the case I am going to start NATIONAL GET A FREE HOUSE DAY.
Old September 20th, 2008, 03:24 PM

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Well for the customer thing they said they were going to make Heroscape a big thing and that we would be able to get wave 8 at our local reatail stores. I STILL HAVENT SEEN WAVE 8 (maybe thats customer dissatisfaction)

They said that they would uphold everything that hsbro started. Hasbro sponsored NHSD and they said that they were going to keep everything the same. (not sponsoring the bigest game day doesnt sound like keeping things the same)

Just my thoughts

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old September 20th, 2008, 03:29 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Well for the customer thing they said they were going to make Heroscape a big thing and that we would be able to get wave 8 at our local reatail stores. I STILL HAVENT SEEN WAVE 8 (maybe thats customer dissatisfaction)

They said that they would uphold everything that hsbro started. Hasbro sponsored NHSD and they said that they were going to keep everything the same. (not sponsoring the bigest game day doesnt sound like keeping things the same)

Just my thoughts
Which local retailers are you referring to?

Were they supposed to hold a gun to the heads of the local retail stores and make them carry it?

The support from Hasbro last year came the same way GB tried to get it this year from WOTC with his effort. No one knew about it until 3 days before NHSD. Now the question is...Did Hasbro tell WOTC about it when they transfered everything over to their control? Probably not.

Even without the "free prize support" they do have a prize support program in place where they triple what you pay for so it's not like they are giving you a 100% middle finger.

Last edited by Onacara; September 20th, 2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old September 20th, 2008, 03:40 PM

Fine you win.

MY TRADE LIST
Old September 20th, 2008, 03:42 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Fine you win.
YEAH I WIN!!!!!!!!

Too bad there's no prize support
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day