Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old February 1st, 2007, 10:34 PM

SouthPawScrapper has disabled reputation
Looking: Nerak and or Sir Hawthorne

Hey guys,
Does anyone have either of the two for trade or sale for a reasonable price? I'm planning on going into portland tomarrow and if I seen stuff that someone else is looking for I would want to make a trade to benefit both parties. I was also was wondering about the value of the two. If anyone is looking to trade either one try to message what you are looking for in return and I can try to find them tomarrow and hopefully we can work something out. Thanks!

The Bigger they are the harder they fall, But I will beat them all.
Old February 1st, 2007, 11:13 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Looking: Nerak and or Sir Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthPawScrapper
I was also was wondering about the value of the two.
Well that depends on who you ask.

If you look at eBay, the final sales on average over the last several weeks seems to be about $50-60 for Nerak and about $70 for a Sir Hawthorne. That's outrageous.

If you ask me what I think would be fair to pay for a two-pack of these figures (had they been released like that) I would say about $10....assuming it was a ConExclusive.

In reality these figures were given away for free, so technically they have no worth at all.

But the plastics and paints used to make them probably total somewhere between a tenth and one half of a cent.

Old February 1st, 2007, 11:30 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
If you're patient, I'm sure they will resurface somewhere. Toys R Us gave away Neraks as a promotion. I wouldn't be shocked if Hasbro did the same for Nerak or Sir Hawthorne in the future. In the meantime, you can always pick up a Knights and Swog Rider expansion and custom paint your own.

kenjib has a great tutorial on how to customize a Hawthorne in the following thread.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=5983

Old February 1st, 2007, 11:32 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
LOL! I enjoyed your dissertation on the various values for the figures, Markwars.

Newb.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 03:23 PM

SouthPawScrapper has disabled reputation
Thanls for the help, guys

I was going to ask. If I were to repaint the two figures (the swog rider and the 1 knight in the hawthorne pose) do most people consider them legal to play? I wouldnt want someone freaking out if i brought a painted figure because it isnt "offically" nerak or hawthorne.

The Bigger they are the harder they fall, But I will beat them all.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 03:42 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Repaints of these figures would be considered official in every tourney I've ever heard of.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 06:09 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
You can win one at the next Austin MN tourney It is even autographed by Mr. Hawthorne!
Old February 3rd, 2007, 11:47 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Thanls for the help, guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthPawScrapper
I was going to ask. If I were to repaint the two figures (the swog rider and the 1 knight in the hawthorne pose) do most people consider them legal to play? I wouldnt want someone freaking out if i brought a painted figure because it isnt "offically" nerak or hawthorne.
The shape of the exclusives is the exact same shape as the figures they are re-painted from....nothing has been added to the figure's outline. Provided you started with a game-legal Swog Rider and the proper Knight sculpt, I'd allow it 100%...I think most folks would, given the high cost of obtaining those figures if you were one of the unlucky ones that missed out the first time around. I'd also allow folks to use ordinary Venocs in place of EOVs if they needed to, as once again the LOS outline has not changed.

Thanks to Markwars being 984% awesome, I have the coolness that is Nerak. I then picked up a sweet little Hawthorne (the piece, not the Gbob...I don't swing like that) at Gencon '06.
Old February 6th, 2007, 07:51 PM

Cigarman has disabled reputation
Another opinion

There is a world of difference between casual play and tournament play.

In the vast majority of "Official" tournaments for other games, proxies are not allowed, period.

If you want to repaint a figure, and print out a card to use in casual games, I have no problem with that.

It's when you try to use one in a tournament that I have a problem with.

If you want to use a figure in a tournament, go to GenCon or Ebay, and get/buy the actual figure if you really "need" it that badly in your army.

Cigarman
Old February 6th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Another opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarman

In the vast majority of "Official" tournaments for other games, proxies are not allowed, period.

If you want to repaint a figure, and print out a card to use in casual games, I have no problem with that.

If you want to use a figure in a tournament, go to GenCon or Ebay, and get/buy the actual figure if you really "need" it that badly in your army.

Cigarman
Well, since there are no 'official' tournaments, I would say it would be up to the event organizers. I would have no problem with a repainted Hawthorn/Nerak/EOVs. I would have a problem, maybe, with a simply proxy.
Old February 6th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

Quote:

Cigarman
Who are you to say that? Frankly you sound very pompous and ridiculously aloof. Why? I'll tell you...

Why would anyone have a problem with any proxy? There are no official tournaments. The events that are in existence are only there because a group of folks put some love and hard work into them and will them to happen. At the DFW tournies we have welcomed anyone (within reason) to our events. If anyone asked to use a proxy no one would object at all.

In fact I suspect that if anyone at the event was a colossal ass and griped about it there would be an outpouring of support for the person in need of a proxy and about a dozen offers to help out would immediately be heard. This is not your standard miniatures game with snob hierarchies and daily comic shop round tables. The majority of the folks in this community are either minors or dads that play with/around their young sons. We are not elitist about who owns what because this game makes pretty much everything easily available to everyone. When that doesn't happen people try to help each other out rather than telling some one to "go to GenCon or eBay if they really need a figure".

Mabye your intent was different, and if it is I would invite you re-read your post. It comes off as very arrogant and unnecessarily harsh. The reason I am saying something about it rather than just ignoring it, is because I think this type of attitude has no place here. WotC may handle the service calls, but HeroScape doesn't have to turn into one of their games and if I can do anything about it I won't let it happen.

[gets down from soapbox]

That is all.

markwars
Old February 7th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:

Cigarman
The official tournament rules will probably read like all other tournament rules. "Only official Heroscape miniatures are allowed". A repainted Heroscape miniature is still a heroscape miniature. In the Championship at Gencon last year Codeman brought his army of green orcs. Yes they were all repainted to have green skin.. I thought it was cool.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online