Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old November 1st, 2013, 05:34 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!
Re: O-H-I-O NHSD 2013 Columbus

Like last year, Wookie is fronting all the money to rent the space. I'll have a donation box if anyone wants to chip in to help!

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old November 1st, 2013, 06:38 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Okay, I'll definitely be coming with one other person. Expect us there!
Old November 1st, 2013, 07:35 PM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey guys, I'm curious about the Azurite Warlord. Since he's so new is he permitted? What about pack?
Old November 1st, 2013, 08:58 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

The Azurite Warlord can be added to
SOV 2013- Hoplitron + Brimstone + Kantono Daishi
However because he is so new, if you don't have the figure, you can run the pack without him.

I'm grateful for everyone coming out. I look foreword to tomorrow.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.

Last edited by WOOKIE; November 2nd, 2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 09:04 AM

Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nirek wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey guys, just FYI we are cutting it close time wise, but well be there! Hopefully by 11:25.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 04:52 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey, guys, thanks for the tourney--we had a blast. Johnny may have cheated, but we still had a great time. Can't wait for the next one

TheAverageFan
Old November 5th, 2013, 09:24 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Here are the results!

1. Johnnylama 5-0 3570 points
2. Parrin 3-2 2940
3. TheAverageFan 3-2 2615
4. Austin 3-2 2560
5. Nirek 3-2 2495
6. Wookie 3-2 2280
7. Stormshadow 2-3 2190
8. Lefton4ya 2-3 2050
9. FoJ 2-3 2030
10. Capt Amazing 2-3 1700
11. Lettucemode 1-4 1650
12. Adrian 1-4 1260

I did very well. Very, very well. . . which is strange for me. 9 of the 12 participants were only separated by a game, but I ended up two games ahead of second. Poor Nirek’s two loses were to me, and I beat Parrin too, who came in second. I even beat Wookie, who I think I've only managed to beat once before. How?! The answer: I’m not sure. First of all, I really did get the right breaks at the right times. There were a few pivotal rolls in at least three of my games where it could have broken either way… I simply got the rolls when I needed them. As for my draft pool, here it is:

Exclusives- Agent Skahan + Master Woo + Samuel Brown (1/2)
Flagberrers- Two different Flagberrers= Ornak, Laglor (1/2)

Heroes of Barrenspur:
The Book of Krug
The Book of Khosumet the Darklord
The Book of Me-Burq-Sa
The Book of Sir Denrick

Gladiators & Agents:
The Book of Nakita Agents
The Book of Crixus
The Book of Retiarius
The Book of Spartacus

Fury of the Primordials
The Book of the Air Elemental
The Book of the Earth Elemental
The Book of Fire Elemental
The Book of the Water Elemental
The Book of the Wyvern

I didn’t even know if I would need to play to round out pairs, so I honestly just looked for packs with some pretty good figs, some fun ones, and some low-cost filler to help the drafting go easier (elementals). Really nothing special, and I think that actually helped. Instead of trying to draft an army out of my own pool, I pretty much tried to keep figures out of my opponent’s hands when I drafted. Did they bring multiple commons or bonding options? Grab some of them to break it up. Outside of that, I pretty much went with the best available fig, outside of trying to get at least some range and some beater. Out of my own pool, Agent Skahan and Krug were my bread and butter, but I mainly pillaged my opponent’s pool. I never drafted one of the flagberrers, although three of my five opponents did. I don’t think there were enough points to make them very useful.

Without a lot of bonding and synergies, order marker management and use of the “x” became big. I can think of at least three times when I successfully guessed how long a fig would survive or used the “x” to disguise the fig I was activating, and it ended up being the difference in the game. I really liked how this format took the emphasis off showing up with "the perfect army" and instead brought the game back to its original roots: drafting!

It was great to see some old faces and meet some new ones! Everyone who was there really played for the love of the game, which made the day a lot of fun! Thanks everyone for driving out. I don’t think anyone drove less than an hour and a half or so to get there! Lastly, a BIG thank you to Wookie, who really was the one who pushed to make sure this happened and provided most of the material support. It would NOT have happened without him!

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old November 9th, 2013, 10:31 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Had a great time. I think all the games I played (won or lost) where for the most part determined in the Draft: if I drafted well I won, if I drafted poor I lost. I remember doing a 3-pack draft and it wasn't that swingy. I went for the low hanging fruit most of the times but if someone counter-drafted me, they could win. I think the biggest upset was the last game where someone drafted Major X17 out of my pool and he single handedly killed my entire army with me attacking him 2-3 times every round from round 3 on and not killing him. I had all melee in my draft pool and no one but a Kozuke I drafted had more than an attack of 3, and after I lost them early game, it was his. The one tournament where he is an A+ figure.

Anyway, thanks to all who helped set up and run and all who came.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day