Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 9th, 2009, 10:49 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: National Ohioscape Day!!! Official NE Ohio NHSD Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest ninja View Post
I could show you the world! wait, umm i mean.....
New tourney rule for NHSD: anyone who randomly bursts out in song (even if somewhat provoked) - especially a Disney movie song - gets 300 points deducted from their Points total.

I refuse to be taken on a magic carpet ride.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 9th, 2009, 11:35 AM

Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker

I don't want a magic carpet ride but I'll take a magic carpet.

Update:
I will be bringing the whisper as a definite. I might be bringing 2 other people.

And may the yahtzee cup be with you.

Old September 9th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Gen Con Main Event Champion - 2015

weesel99 knows what's in an order marker weesel99 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
New tourney rule for NHSD: anyone who randomly bursts out in song (even if somewhat provoked) - especially a Disney movie song - gets 300 points deducted from their Points total.

I refuse to be taken on a magic carpet ride.
Now I need to watch myself because most all of my dialogue is in the form of Disney song. Hakuna Matata, I've got The Bare Necessities and You'll Be In My Heart so Someday My Prince Will Come to help me avoid using Disney references. I guess it is the Circle of Life so When You Wish Upon A Star, You've Got A Friend In Me for those cold Arabian Nights.
Old September 9th, 2009, 01:24 PM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesel99 View Post
Now I need to watch myself because most all of my dialogue is in the form of Disney song. Hakuna Matata, I've got The Bare Necessities and You'll Be In My Heart so Someday My Prince Will Come to help me avoid using Disney references. I guess it is the Circle of Life so When You Wish Upon A Star, You've Got A Friend In Me for those cold Arabian Nights.
Once Upon A Dream I wanted to run a tournament that was One Jump Ahead - without Disney Music, and I Just Can't Wait To Be King, so it's gonna be A Whole New World for you. I'm just trying to Go The Distance for the players and get some variety Out There. I don't want this to just be some Tale As Old As Time. We should Paint With All The Colors Of The Wind, you know? If you agree with that, then You've Got A Friend In Me. But if not, we'll have to throw down, and I'll Make A Man Out Of You.

Seriously though - how bout the Snow/Ice?

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; September 9th, 2009 at 03:43 PM. Reason: to get back on the NHSD track and off of the Disney track.
Old September 9th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Gen Con Main Event Champion - 2015

weesel99 knows what's in an order marker weesel99 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Seriously though - how bout the Snow/Ice?
I like having slippery ice and normal snow.
Old September 9th, 2009, 04:28 PM

Darkness1717 is surprisingly tart

Slippery ice/normal snow.

I wanna be the very best that no one every was. To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause. I will travel across the land, searching far and wide. Each Pokemon to understand the power thats inside. Pokemon, gotta cetch 'em all. It's you and me, I know it's my destiny. Ooooooohhhhh your my best friend in a world we must defend. Pokemon gotta cetch 'em all, a heart so true. Our courage will pull us through. Cause you teach me and I teach you. Pokemon. Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all. Pokemon.

Now that I have that out of my system. So I cant sing anything? Like can I come in and start singing- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNB1EUJg1-w ?

Last edited by Darkness1717; September 9th, 2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old September 9th, 2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness1717 View Post
Slippery ice/normal snow.

I wanna be the very best that no one every was. To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause. I will travel across the land, searching far and wide. Each Pokemon to understand the power thats inside. Pokemon, gotta cetch 'em all. It's you and me, I know it's my destiny. Ooooooohhhhh your my best friend in a world we must defend. Pokemon gotta cetch 'em all, a heart so true. Our courage will pull us through. Cause you teach me and I teach you. Pokemon. Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all. Pokemon.

Now that I have that out of my system. So I cant sing anything?
New NHSD Tourney rule. Anyone that bursts out in a song about Pokemon during the tournament may immediately be slapped in the back of the head, in addition to losing 300 Points.

That's 3 votes for Slippery Ice / Normal Snow. Anyone opposed, speak up or forever hold your Disney song.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 9th, 2009, 04:36 PM

simplymenotu Woo who?

I vote for Slippery Snow and Normal Ice.

Also, please include; Moist Land, Sandy Swamps and Dry Water.

Old September 9th, 2009, 04:40 PM

Darkness1717 is surprisingly tart

Child Abuse!!!!!!! I'm under 18 and I'm gonna call the cops on you KC. Your a horrible example to children.

Can I sing-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNB1EUJg1-w ?
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:23 PM

Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker

That's not child abuse it is consequence. Anyways...
Slippery ice/normal snow sounds good.

I don't have any good disney songs because Ninja already busted out in my favorite.

Old September 11th, 2009, 06:58 AM

Scorpion5 is surprisingly tart

Check this out guys: I found a brand new Heroes of Lindesfarme (large exp set) for $12.99 the other day, brand new in box. I couldn't believe my eyes. Despite our challenging financial situation here at home, I thought all of a nano second about buying it. I was in total shock....I normally don't find deals like that, especially on Heroscape! That was one of the sets I just always wanted once I began playing HS and was never able to get.

As far as the tourney time limit, I think each round should be 45-50 minutes max. Most tourneys, or even games that I've played are done within that time, and it would keep those attending from having to just wait around for too long between rounds. (Just my own thought) It certainly won't prevent me from trying my hardest to make it to Warren.
Old September 11th, 2009, 09:43 AM

OK - looks like we're good on the snow/ice thing and the singing thing.

How bout this time limit? We usually go with an hour, and I know there are some players in the field that got bit by the 45 minute limit at GenCon 08. However, they were using full-card scoring, and we're using partial scoring which I think will make a difference.

I really wouldn't be opposed to 50 minutes, though I'm also not opposed to an hour. Cutting 10 minutes off of each round does kind of cover the 45 minute break we usually throw in after round 2 or 3 for lunch. Thoughts?

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day