Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old August 24th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: SoCal Slaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Points. I like the 520, which is becoming sort of standard for us. But 540 could be interesting too. Or 550, or even 560 ... I dunno about more than that. Some people do 600, so I hear. Seems high to me. Likewise, I know 500 is popular in some quarters, but I really like the extra flexibility of going to 520 at least. But I'm already starting to playtest some armies, so I need to know what you guys want to do for points.
As far as points go I'd be cool with anything from 400 to 550, (well, 300 could be fun too).

I'd be okay with Marvel as long as we're keeping things under 500 points. If have to play against SS or Hulk + Kelda, I dont' want to see much else in that army.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old August 25th, 2009, 05:12 AM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

I'm fine with 520 points but against Marvel. I've never played them and don't know anyone that owns them.
I don't know about the number of armies though, that could be interesting.
Should we use the same maps from last year?
Old August 25th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
I'd say no to at least some of them. Ember Canyon Road was pretty unpopular if I remember correctly, melee armies stood no chance and range vs range battles degenerate into: OM1 climb hill and shoot, OM2 shoot, OM3 gfo, repeat.

I personally wasn't a fan of Embattled Fen. If we use glyphs this year I wouldn't be opposed to seeing it, but when you're playing without the glyphs that map is all about the choke point on the "embattled" side and not very fun to play.

But I suppose the maps we'll see will mostly be chosen by the poeple that bring them.

Old August 25th, 2009, 12:18 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
I'd say no to at least some of them. Ember Canyon Road was pretty unpopular if I remember correctly, melee armies stood no chance and range vs range battles degenerate into: OM1 climb hill and shoot, OM2 shoot, OM3 gfo, repeat.

I personally wasn't a fan of Embattled Fen. If we use glyphs this year I wouldn't be opposed to seeing it, but when you're playing without the glyphs that map is all about the choke point on the "embattled" side and not very fun to play.

But I suppose the maps we'll see will mostly be chosen by the poeple that bring them.
Firstly, I say no marvel and 520. And I don't like either of those maps myself. I can bring Ticalla sunrise or Swamp thing. And I'm a fan of Highways and Dieways and Badru Valley if anyone wants to bring those.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old August 25th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'll be there.

Recent Games Played:
Old August 25th, 2009, 06:09 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

I'll bring Highways and Dieways and Badru Valley.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old August 25th, 2009, 08:55 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Myself +2 as a maybe.

DWARVES!
Old August 25th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

500 to 520 sounds just fine to me and I could do without Marvel, sorry X.

I'll decide on what maps to bring. Man, I loved Ember Canyon but I won't do that to you Xn.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old August 26th, 2009, 02:48 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fine, fine, no Marvel. I've never understood why people are always so against it, but that's fine. I probably wouldn't have used any Marvel figs anyways, I just always feel weird discriminating against them. It's the way Cap looks at me, I think. I feel unpatriotic or something.

Quote:
I'd say no to at least some of them. Ember Canyon Road was pretty unpopular if I remember correctly, ...
Oh, Ghod yes, I despise that map.

Quote:
Well, I think that on account of it being an official tournament type event people should have the right to give input on the maps.

Leaning more and more towards 520pts, it looks like ... I'll update the first post again.

EDIT: Done. Hivelord, I put you down for Ticalla Sunrise. Roland, did you mean you and your +2 are a maybe, or you're a definite and your +2 are maybes (I assumed the former)?

Last edited by Xotli; August 26th, 2009 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Added comments after updating first post
Old August 26th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

Not bad. We're up to 18 possibles, but I'm sure we really are over 20. The Simi Knights haven't chimed in yet, including Runehardt, so that should be about another 4 or so there. There's also some SoCal regulars that have been conspicuously absent. Here's hoping they drop in soon.

Looks like its going to be good. I'll peruse the tournie map threads and pick one or two.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old August 26th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Gets It!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
500 to 520 sounds just fine to me and I could do without Marvel, sorry X.

I'll decide on what maps to bring. Man, I loved Ember Canyon but I won't do that to you Xn.
Well, I never played on that map. I just remember hearing a bit of complaining from other players. Embatled Fen however is a personal complaint. Some maps just need the glyphs.

Am I correct in assuming that there will be no glyphs this year? And are we final on 520?

Old August 26th, 2009, 07:39 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Am I correct in assuming that there will be no glyphs this year? And are we final on 520?
I am neutral on glyphs, so either way.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day