Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 9th, 2006, 09:25 PM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
I have yet to use him. I really need to try the cute little critter out.

-Ski
Old May 9th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart
the problem with DUND is that you are basically using up your valuable order marker in the hopes of merely removing an enemy's marker (i mean how likely is it that you may actually be able to use this on an enemy with more than one order marker?). it's like trading a pawn for a pawn in chess.

as someone mentioned before, if DUND could bond or have any other affect on other figures he would be really cool.
Old May 9th, 2006, 10:26 PM
ultradoug

I played with him once I belive, and got an army card that had the 2 and 3 order on it, he had 2 and 3 on him, so I got to move again, attack, attack, there was not much after that.
Old May 10th, 2006, 02:09 PM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
As I stated in a post on HQ, I don't believe Dund's requirement to use the power before moving is a detriment. If you are able to keep Dund till the end and successfully kill off all opposition with range then you are on your way to victory.

Keep Dund just outside of their movement range. When they close in try to stun them. If you fail, run back outside of their range again. If you succeed then close and attack.

In addition, as others have stated he is quite powerful against common hordes. I was playing a draft game last weekend where the opposition could have eaten my lunch with Dund. So much so that I double checked that no one picked him as I was going to make him my primary target. 500pt game, three player, I had 3 Arrow Gruts, Mimring, Krug, and AE. After 3 rounds I still hadn't dropped the AE. If they had stunned my AG I wouldn't have been able to do anything as they had ALL of my turn markers. (Beast Bonding)

Old May 10th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart
if you check out my thread called "how we use ordermarkers" in the custom rules section, you will see a scenario that makes DUND a little more dangerous.
Old May 10th, 2006, 03:16 PM

Bobbo has disabled reputation
It's strange, since his power is less the later in the round that you use him. If you win initiative and gaze away 2 markers, you are in a pretty good spot. If you lose initiative and gaze away only 1 marker (since your opponent got to use the #1 marker) you aren't in nearly as good a spot.

It is deinately worth mentioning that Dund does extremely well against orc hordes, since with a single gaze he can stop the entire army for a round. Also, the high defense means that he can stand up to the orcs attacks.

Dund likes to eat orcs.

I got nuthin...
Old May 10th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I think he is the only figure I own that I have never played.

I could definately see him being used against an orc Army though. It would force them to spread around their markers, unless they want to take a chance that you don't make your roll.
Old May 11th, 2006, 09:33 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
I have used him 3 times he isn't that bad.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old May 11th, 2006, 11:20 PM

POP mARTy has disabled reputation
Dund has saved many a unit whenever I've used him/her/it. A successful Crippling early in the round can totally stuff up your opponent's attack plan and can allow for the early elimination of some of the stronger Heroes.

Go Dund!

I drank the slab that Bon Scott drunk;
I injected some of Hendrix's junk;
I booked a seat on Lynyrd Skynyrd's plane;
Mama Cass' sandwich? - I ate the same.
Old May 12th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
In all the games we've played, I believe Dund has only made one appearance. He tried his crippling gaze power twice, but failed both times.

And then he got whacked.

I think the problem with Dund is that he's a somewhat high price for a very specialized function. I mean, if you had 110pts and could choose between Drake or Dund???.............

Fuggetaboudit
Old May 12th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
Another thought on units with very specialized powers (e.g. Dund, Kelda, Saylind, the hippogriff) - I tend to use them more when playing with teams.

In a straight up 1-on-1 450pt game, for instance, I'd go with an overall balanced army with more generic killing power, because if I drafted a specialized character and it failed, my army really suffers.

But in a 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 game, there's enough figs on the board that a Kelda or Dund can play a bit role. If I cripple with Dund, my teammates can swoop in and capitalize on the kill. If Dund fails, it's not the end of the world, typically.

I suppose this would hold true as well in high-point 1-on-1 game (like 800pts+).
Old May 12th, 2006, 01:56 PM

gorillanator has disabled reputation
The only time I used Dund was when we were playing 400 points under one leader and i landed Vydar.

My friend just happened to pull Ullar, and he saved his Charos in the backfield for last, and I did the same with Dund.

So wouldn't you know it it came down to Charos and Dund and Charos only had 2 life left, so I tried out his special effect on Dund's first turn and BAM! A few lucky rolls and Charos was done, but I'll probably never pick Dund again.

Violence is not the answer.

Make peace!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units