Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:27 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game

"It's like Forrest Gump, with zombies!" - Grungebob, describing the game as Jenny ran across the board.

Ninthdoc infected me. Played it one night at the Ram. Haven't played it again at home yet, but it was a blast!

There's Doc Brody:

And of course, Jenny the farmer's daughter (with your's truly):

Any thoughts by anyone else who has played this?

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:58 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
This game is loads of fun. It's not as graphically violent as the Twilight Creations games. I bought it and can't wait to get my next game.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:04 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
/quote]
You lucky bastage...

I haven't yet played the game, but I am certainly looking forward to getting my decomposing little hands on the box!

Just about all the 'Scapers who have played the game have raved about the simple minded fun and theme that oozes from the set. And Flying Frog hope to release an expansion set sometime next year!

Regarding a review by other folks who have played and demoed the game, check out the BoardGameGeek page (if you haven't already). Check that out here: http://boardgamegeek.com/game/29368

Also of note, the Flying Frog folk were handing out exclusive game cards with alternate artwork! And I want them.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:09 PM

Fl0ydski Woo who?
Been waiting for this one to come out.

Thanks for the heads up...

~Floyd

Good Trades:
Vydar(HQ), Homba(HQ), stay_golden_PONYBOY
~ Card Designs~ ~ Repaints/Customs~
Old August 24th, 2007, 12:18 AM

ares834 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
/quote]
You lucky bastage...

I haven't yet played the game, but I am certainly looking forward to getting my decomposing little hands on the box!

Just about all the 'Scapers who have played the game have raved about the simple minded fun and theme that oozes from the set. And Flying Frog hope to release an expansion set sometime next year!

Regarding a review by other folks who have played and demoed the game, check out the BoardGameGeek page (if you haven't already). Check that out here: http://boardgamegeek.com/game/29368

Also of note, the Flying Frog folk were handing out exclusive game cards with alternate artwork! And I want them.
I am getting the game because of her.
Old August 24th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Threadjack, but JIM, I just noticed that you were wearing a .NET 'Hot Lava Death' shirt!

Representing old school! That's awesome!

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old August 24th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
Threadjack, but JIM, I just noticed that you were wearing a .NET 'Hot Lava Death' shirt!

Representing old school! That's awesome!
Yeah, but nobody mentioned it (to me, at least) while I was there.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old August 24th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Oogiezone and I played a game last night, I was the heroes and we did the basic scenario, I got my butt handed to me in like 4 turns! I'm going to try again tonight...

In the basic scenario you have to kill 15 zombies in 15 turns! Its freakin' tough.
Old August 24th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Niiiice picture Jim!
I had forgotten all about this game - even when during pre-GenCon days had talk of a Jenny the farmgirl. I had no clue who or what you Truthers were discussing.
Now I know! I'll definitely want to purchase this little horrorfest.
Did I mention that picture is just fabulous?
Old August 24th, 2007, 10:58 PM

darkpilgrim has disabled reputation
Nice. It looks like this game is based on a B-rated horror movie. Is that true?
Old August 24th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpilgrim
Nice. It looks like this game is based on a B-rated horror movie. Is that true?
Ya it has all of the obligatory ingredients. Relentless zombies, hapless protagonists, twists of fate, seemingly impossible objectives, tragic sacrifices, clever resourcefulness, guns, bombs!!! It is a blast and is cooperative for the heroes AND the zombie players.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 24th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
That is a really fun game. I've played two games so far, and it's a blast.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games