Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 11th, 2008, 07:24 PM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Thoughts on wave nine?

Maybe a unit that can fight normally, but if it dies all adjacent non-soulbourg figures take 1 skull of attack, due to some acid blood.

It would also be pretty good in disrupting enemy battle lines.

A scaled down of version of super leap, to help it jump over those pesky knights, and slaughter the support units.

If it died, the acid would be devestating to squads.

A move of 6, and attack of 5, defence of 2, for about 90 points sounds good.

Similar to Anubian wolves, only instead of beserking through a battle line, it jumps over them.

Elf_Archer is the Sacred Band...
in the GARNET CAVE...
Old September 12th, 2008, 03:07 PM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsopwns View Post
ok, iceman i could count how many times you poseted waves on this thread.... using my toes and fingers more times than i can count on my toes and fingers ....
I don't know how I missed this before, but you may want to work on the spelling/punctuation aspect on your posts a little more. It's not bad enough to get neg rep from me, but I'm sure it is for some people.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints
Old September 12th, 2008, 03:32 PM

Rifier_Ace is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I'll throw my opinions in:
We're probably going to get two squads of Native Americans a la Romans and Gruts () a four member gladiator squad () another predator () an elf squad hat has some form of synergy with the new elves () the 9th elf hero that will address the fragility of the elves () the Kyrie of the Moon Tribe () a new orc hero that is either ranged and bonds with melee gruts or melee and bonds with grut archers ( duh) a new agent hero that is Tricky () a ranged Jandar squad (most likely knights) () and some new figures I couln't even dream of
I would be ALL for those units coming out in wave nine! Great list. I couldn't have done better myself.
Old September 12th, 2008, 03:54 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

How about continuing the prehistoric theme that is going with some of the orcs (Grimnak and Tornak on dinosaurs, Swog Riders on sabre-toothed cats) and add cavemen, a rider on a mastadon, a pterodactyl, etc.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old September 12th, 2008, 04:19 PM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol View Post
How about continuing the prehistoric theme that is going with some of the orcs (Grimnak and Tornak on dinosaurs, Swog Riders on sabre-toothed cats) and add cavemen, a rider on a mastadon, a pterodactyl, etc.
Those are some good ideas.

Holylink718's Repaints
Old September 12th, 2008, 11:44 PM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!

I think a prehistoric thme is enough for a new master set.

in the GARNET CAVE...
Old September 13th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't. I would rather see units that function well within the current unit pool and add consturctive elements to the game than units that are just "cool" or "nifty" Units should have some effect on the game or look at how to play in a new way.
Old September 13th, 2008, 11:53 AM

So, less Templar Cavalry like?

in the GARNET CAVE...
Old September 13th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I don't. I would rather see units that function well within the current unit pool and add consturctive elements to the game than units that are just "cool" or "nifty" Units should have some effect on the game or look at how to play in a new way.
Nifty units can always be made to fit.

Old September 16th, 2008, 09:33 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

What about a figure that transforms from one species to another, kind of like a werewolf (except there are so many wolves in Heroscape - maybe a werebear). Each form could be represented by a separate figure (so you'd have one figure for the human form, one figure for the bear form). Each figure would have different statistics (attack, defense, range, life, height, special powers).

Or along the same line, a figure that just has 2 different sets of statistics like a Dr. Jeckyl, Mr. Hyde kind of deal. A little like Krug - as he is wounded his attacks become more powerful. In this case the change could be triggered by the proximity of units from a certain army, or a 20-sided die roll, or stepping onto a water tile, or choice of the player, or something else. Both sets of statistics could be designed to be useful in different tactical situations.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old September 16th, 2008, 11:56 PM

SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker

I was reading some other threads, and came across a good observation from Jexik.....we need more common heroes. I'd like to see at least one booster in wave 9 be all common heroes. I'd envision a pack of 6 common heroes....one for each of the 6 generals. I'd also envison my wife asking why I was spending so much money on a ton of multiple copies of that booster.

"If winning doesn't matter, why keep score?"

Special Thanks to: stay_golden_PONYBOY, Browncoat, Onacara, King's Knight, Grishnakh, and Kenjib

Good Traders: capnfrank, heroscaper314, R˙chean
Old September 17th, 2008, 09:15 AM

Thumbs up Re: Thoughts on wave nine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderCoach View Post
I was reading some other threads, and came across a good observation from Jexik.....we need more common heroes. I'd like to see at least one booster in wave 9 be all common heroes. I'd envision a pack of 6 common heroes....one for each of the 6 generals. I'd also envison my wife asking why I was spending so much money on a ton of multiple copies of that booster.
Now that is the best complete idea I've heard in a while.

Holylink718's Repaints

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion