Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

View Poll Results: RSVP for NHSD:
Yes, I am attending. 3 25.00%
Yes, I am attending and bringing +1 player 3 25.00%
Yes, I am attending and bringing +2 players (or more) 3 25.00%
Sorry I cannot make it. 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 10th, 2014, 06:45 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
2014 Portland NHSD - Details

Hey Gang,
The votes are in and November 8th, 2014 will be the National Heroscape Day event in Portland, OR.

When: November 8th
Time: Noon - 8pm PST
Where: Guardian Games

Please PLEASE *RSVP* so that we have an accurate count for Players and Maps.
Current Attendees:
Spoiler Alert!

Guardian Games
http://www.ggportland.com/#
Address:
345 SE Taylor St
Portland Oregon, 97214
Email: info@ggportland.com
503-238-4000

DETAILS
Thank you in advance for joining us for NATIONAL HEROSCAPE DAY for the Northwest. Portland will be the host city, though the folks up North in Seattle are your Event Organizers (The Obfuscatedhippo and Nomad).

RSVP
Please post on this thread if you are attending and note if you are bringing any other players. We are looking for an accurate count of participants so we have enough Maps and Prize Support.

INTRO
We’ve planned for some standard one-on-one battles and for a twist, we have two multi-player scenario games that focus on Heroes. Nomad is working on a schedule to accommodate the different rounds and formats for the event to maximize our time and to help ensure that folks are playing with a variety of Heroscapers.

MULTI-PLAYER SCENARIOS:
Nomad has a brand new scenario inspired by The Hunger Games, which features an all-hero free-for-all. I played the scenario this evening and it was fun and very brutal. In this scenario, you’ll need two, single-spaced Unique or Uncommon Heroes that total 200-points. It is a last-man or last-woman standing scenario.

Obfuscatedhippo has revised the Chaos in the Catacombs dungeon scenario. The updated “Clash” in the Catacombs feature a symmetrical map with the players in competition to grab treasure and escape the tunnels before either the other players or wandering monsters finish them off. Player with the most treasures wins. In this scenario, you’ll have 350-points and a 7-hex start zone. Since only Unique or Uncommon Heroes can carry treasure glyphs, you’ll need at least one to disarm the traps and escape with the glyphs.
MULTI-PLAYER SCENARIOS
Clash in the Catacombs
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=4286

Hunger Games
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=4285
Map Pic:
Spoiler Alert!

1 v 1 BATTLES:
We are planning at least 3 rounds of standard tournament play, with 510-point armies. Your army can include any Classic Scape, C3V or SoV figures with a 24-hex start zone. Your army may only field ONE army card from the Primary Unit Restricted List and up to ONE army card from the Restricted Filler Unit List. There are no time limits for these matches.

BUILDING YOUR ARMIES
Each player can bring UP TO 1,000 Points of figures. In each round of the tournament, you’ll select different figures from this pool of Army Cards to use on the battlefield. The Hunger Games scenario will need 200-points, the Clash in the Catacombs will need 350-points, and you can field 510-point armies for the 1 v 1 Battles.

For the 1 v 1 Battles you only use one Primary Restricted Army card and/or one Restricted Filler. However, you can have more than one Restricted Army card in your pool of 1,000 Points. In this way, you can make a different army for each of your 1 v 1 games (if so desired).

After you are assigned an opponent and a map, each player will secretly select which units from their Army pool they will be using in the match. After both have recorded their units, they reveal and begin their match.
For example: The Fen Hydra and Kaemon Awa are both Primary Restricted Units. I can have both in my pool of 1,000 points but I cannot have them in the same match. Since they are the same points though, it makes it easy for me to swap them in and out for different matches.
RESTRICTED LIST and RULES
Spoiler Alert!

TOURNAMENT RANKING
Players earn “Victory Points” (VP’s) for each scenario and/or match they participate in during NHSD 2014.

For scenario games, the winning player earns 3 VPs, the second runner up 2 VPs, the third runner up 1 VP, and the fourth 0 VP.

For 1 v 1 Battles, the winning player earn 1 VP and the losing player gains 0 VP.

The top four players with the highest VP’s after both scenarios and three 1 v 1 Battles will hold a play-off for the final tournament ranking (Rank 1 vs 2, Rank 3 v 4).

PRIZE SUPPORT

Players are encouraged to bring either $10 cash or a Heroscape product to contribute to the Prize Support pool. The Event Organizers will have some rare Heroscape products to add to the Prize Support table and a few extras so that everyone leaves the event with something.

Selection of Prize Support will go in order of Tournament Ranking (highest VPs to lowest).

current Prize Support:
Spoiler Alert!
MAPS

Last edited by obfuscatedhippo; November 7th, 2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old October 11th, 2014, 09:47 PM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart
Re: 2014 Portland NHSD - Details

Is the plan to have a 5 game format with all 5 games being different kinda like a tournament of champions style format?

Looks intriguing I can't wait for more details.

Tourney record 99-20 headsup(23 tourneys)10-4 team (3 tourneys)0-1-2 ffa
25 master sets,4+ of every terrain exp.,every hero and 3+ of every common. Playing since 2007.
Old October 12th, 2014, 10:43 AM

White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker White Q Knight knows what's in an order marker

I will be there and I got 1 new player coming.

Tournament Record: Solo 83-21 Team 7-5
Old October 12th, 2014, 12:35 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Kai and I are working out the details. We should have something more definite posted within the week, but right now we are thinking of two 4-player tournament of champions style battles (Catacombs and Hunger Games) and three typical tournament head-to-head battles.

Stay tuned . . .
Old October 14th, 2014, 03:57 PM

Sorry I have been delayed in responding ... on my way back from a trip to the East Coast.

We are looking forward to the event and continue to plot behind the scenes. Guardian Games has confirmed our table(s) so we should be good to go.

We might need a few volunteers to provide some maps .. and we'll post here soon.

Also to clarify on Wampa Cavern .. we are only using the Map and NOT the scenario.

Thank you!
*Kai
Old October 17th, 2014, 11:59 AM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

I should be able to take care of the map building. I will let you know if any help is needed.
Old October 18th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Will there be any handicaps for newer players like in the past?

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 18th, 2014, 10:05 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Rob, are you a newer player? It will be good to see you again.

I'm sure there will be adjustments for newer players. The details are being worked out as I type. We should have something posted relatively soon.
Old October 20th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

It'll be good seeing everyone! I wish we could do this more than once a year. I'm just inviting buddies some of whom have never played before. I am also hoping there are a few people who will be able and willing to supply armies for new players. Some of you have a good bit more figures than I do.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 20th, 2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
It'll be good seeing everyone! I wish we could do this more than once a year. I'm just inviting buddies some of whom have never played before. I am also hoping there are a few people who will be able and willing to supply armies for new players. Some of you have a good bit more figures than I do.
I would be happy to bring Loaner armies for new recruits.

When I hosted NHSD in Seattle a few years back we had "newbie" tables so that new players could play matches against each other and I could help along the way. We were lucky enough to have 4 new players so we had them play each other over the first few rounds to 'warm up.'

Depending on how many new players we have, I am happy to do this again.
Old October 21st, 2014, 02:22 PM

Format Details in OP above.

Last edited by obfuscatedhippo; October 27th, 2014 at 04:22 AM.
Old October 21st, 2014, 04:53 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
A Thought

I can see some armies that wouldn't be super hindered by that restricted list. A bring 2 could mitigate that a bit however. Keep me posted.

~Dysole, who recently tab into another Scaper at college and told him about this

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day