Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 10th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Pittsburgh NHSD 2012

I am planning to host a Heroscape tournament on October 20th, 2012 in the Pittsburgh area. (It will actually be Monroeville).
The address is

New Covenant Church
2225 Grandview Avenue
Monroeville, PA 15146

We are looking at an 11:00am starting time, so arrive about 15 minutes early at least. Entry fee will be $1, which will go towards the snacks and drinks that will be provided. I will provide prizes for 1st and 2nd place out of my collection. Anyone wishing to offer additional prize support should PM me. R˙chean has offered additional prize support, and will be adding at least a sealed Castle Set to the table.

The tournament structure will be swiss-style, so you don't have to worry about being eliminated. We will be doing partial army scoring. The maps will all be symmetrical, and many will be chosen from the BoV, but there may be some free builds as well. Anyone willing to show up early and bring terrain and build maps would be appreciated.

The armies will be Classic and D&D only (no Marvel, no customs). 385-point armies (maximum), 24-hex limit. Your army must contain EXACTLY two different Valkyrie generals. So, 375 points of Jandar, plus Isamu (Utgar) is an acceptable army. 385 points of Jandar is not. Neither is 365 of Jandar plus Isamu (Utgar) and Otonashi (Vydar).

I had a question PM'd to me regarding the use of proxy figures. Proxy figures will be allowed, but the sculpt should be a reasonably close approximation. In cases where line of sight or fitting is called into question by your opponent, the judge's decision is final, and will likely lean in favor of the person not using the proxy.

Please RSVP if you plan to go, and let me know how many will be in your group. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

PS: If anyone needs to call me if you get lost or anything, my number is [redacted].

List of Attendees:

1. gamjuven
2. superfrog
3. Knight of Scape
4. superfrog's friend
5. superfrog's friend #2
6. rudyvalentine
7. rudyvalentine's friend #1
8. rudyvalentine's friend #2
9. rudyvalentine's friend #3
10. Yamissflash
11. Yamissflash's friend
12. Murph

Maybes:
1.more superfrog friends
2.hose

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!

Last edited by happyjosiah; December 7th, 2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old September 10th, 2012, 10:53 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Pittsburgh NHSD 2012

I plan on being there. I am curious about what army you have mastered as the perfect one for this format. Very specific amount of pts and 2 generals. I am wary.
Old September 10th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Haha, yeah, I know, it looks like I've got something in mind, doesn't it? It really wasn't set up with anything particular in mind though. In fact, it's only 50/50 whether I will play or not. I'm going to plan on just running things, but if we have an uneven number, I'll play rather than make someone take a bye.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old September 10th, 2012, 03:00 PM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

Aw, nuts. Sorry, I don't think we can make that date. But I will pass the word along. Sounds like an interesting format.
Old September 10th, 2012, 08:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I don't know about this one, my brother has homecoming that day at Geneva College (beaver falls), and I have a band festival that evening. I'll see if I can come or not, and I'll invite my friends. So put down as maybes:

1. superfrog
2. Knight of Scape
3. superfrog's friend
4. superfrog's friend #2
5. Maybe more???
Old September 11th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Pittsburgh is about 4 hours away from me, still I've driven futher for some 'scape in the past. Put me down as a possible.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old September 11th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Second Highest Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I don't know about this one, my brother has homecoming that day at Geneva College (beaver falls), and I have a band festival that evening. I'll see if I can come or not, and I'll invite my friends. So put down as maybes:

1. superfrog
2. Knight of Scape
3. superfrog's friend
4. superfrog's friend #2
5. Maybe more???
I'm actually a Geneva alum and I am blowing it off for NHSD. My wife is going to homecoming though. What year was your brother?

I am anticipating being done by around 5 or 6, if that helps with your band festival decision.

Old September 12th, 2012, 12:07 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for organizing this! Please add me to the list of attendees. I'm going to try and round up some others to come along with me and will update you on that later.

Like the format, should make for some interesting armies. I can build a couple maps and transport them for game day. Just let me know what you need as things develop.

Really looking forward to this!
Old September 12th, 2012, 03:20 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

1. superfrog
2. Knight of Scape
3. superfrog's friend
4. superfrog's friend #2
5. Maybe more???
I'm actually a Geneva alum and I am blowing it off for NHSD. My wife is going to homecoming though. What year was your brother?

I am anticipating being done by around 5 or 6, if that helps with your band festival decision.
Well, my brother is actually a current freshman, my parents are both alumni as well. 5 o'clock would be cutting it pretty close (earlier would be way better) but I'll keep looking into it.
Old September 12th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Second Highest Poster

It sort of depends how many attendees we get. I was allowing an hour per round, but I don't want it to end with two undefeated people or anything. It's pretty small armies, so we may be able to finish faster.

Old September 12th, 2012, 03:53 PM
This is merely a joke.

Could you start earlier, like 11ish?
Old September 12th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Second Highest Poster

That's another possibility.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day