Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 14th, 2011, 12:12 AM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!
Portland/Vancouver NHSD

This is for the Portland/Vancouver NHSD 2011.

The event will be held Saturday Nov. 5th at Dice Age Games in Vancouver.

Date: Sat. Nov. 5th

Time: 1:00 pm- 8:45ish pm
Set up and Registration starting at noon.

Vancouver, Wa 98661.

Format: "Double edged sword and Rolling Rumble"
Bring one 525 pt army, dice, order and wound markers.
Initial pairing will be randomly assigned by the tournament director.

Map choice both opponents roll the 20-sider, highest roll picks the map that neither has yet played, and if this is not possible the high roller picks a map they've not yet played.

Double edged sword After the map has been chosen the player that did not choose the map rolls the 20-sider to determine which army to play, theirs or their opponents. An odd roll results in playing the army your opponent brought, an even roll means you play the army you brought.

Rolling rumble when you finish your game you play the first available player with the most similar record that you have not yet played. If the person who has been waiting the longest has 2 potential opponents with the same win differential, or cannot determine which opponent to play, they should assign one potential opponent 1-10 and the other 11-20 and roll the 20-sider to determine who to play. After deciding who the opponent is return to Map choice for the next step.

Time limit each game should last no longer than 1 hour (please finish the round you are playing). Participants of the game are to watch for their own time and notify their opponent as 1 hour approaches. If a game goes to time, the player with the most opponents points destroyed wins (Count partial points for squads and hero wounds). Players shall not concede a match prior to the time limit.

Seeding and final standings to be determined in order by win differential, win %, then 20-sider.
No game shall start later than 6:30 and last past 7:15. Final standings will be determined by one last game (1 seed plays to 2 seed, 3 seed plays 4 seed, etc.) starting at 7:30 and ending at 8:15.

Misc.
Figures: Released C3V (Wave 1) and approved SOV (Zombie Hulk) will be allowed on the conditions that the customs are reasonable enough and the bases fit ladders and are in close proximity to heroscape bases. If C3V or SOV uses a peanut base, a peanut base shall be used. No marvel or other customs.

Maps: Post #40 on page 4 has the links to the maps; Bad Moon Rising, Fossil, Ice blossom, don't walk-run, Quasatch Playground, Sirrocco, If you can't take the heat, Can't See Through the Jungle, Badru Valley, Highways & Dieways, Embattled Fen, Umbra, Breach, Spring thaw, and Smokeys Lament.

Minor tweaks have been done on If you can't take the heat so there is no same level molten lava tiles.

Glyphs: There will be both red (marking maroon glyphs) and gold (marking treasure glyphs) stars on the map. Prior to the start of a game players will draw appropriate glyphs out of a bag to be placed on these stars. After finishing the game, please put the glyphs back in the appropriate bags.
maroon glyphs; permanent: Astrid-5, Dagmar-3, Lodin-4, Ulaniva-4, Gerda-5, Proftaka-5, Valda-4, Brandar-4. Temporary: Erland-3, Oreld-3, Kelda-3.
treasure glyphs; temporary: cloak of invisibility-2, potion of healing-3, scarab of invulnerability-2, bracers of teleportation-2, elixir of speed-2, ring of protection-2, whetstone of venom-3, and brandars chest-3. Permanent: Talisman of defense-2, giant hunter stone-2, brooch of shielding-2, heroic rune-2, and oceanstrider amulet-2.
treasure glyph penalty If the trap is sprung (a roll of 1-5) on any glyph the opponent gets to place the unique/uncommon figure up to 3 spaces away from the glyph- ignore elevation changes when placing the figure (no figure will take falling damage & can be moved higher than the height restrictions in normal movement). If the glyph is sprung with a roll of 1 or 2 the unique/uncommon figure takes 1 wound as well.
The number of each glyph will vary according to the amount of total maps we end up using- will finalize later.

Prizes: Please bring a heroscape pack, or heroscape related prize (Custom figure, custom terrain, t-shirt, storage device, anything you think that is related). R˙chean, etal have contributed prize support of a castle, marvel, and Sotm set (be sure and thank him/them on NHSD there will be prize support thread). Dice Age Games does have some heroscape for purchase if needed.
Prizes for the PNW: those that attend both the Seattle and Vancouver NHSD are eligible for additional prizes. Top 3 will receive a valuable prize (Vyadar flag bearer NIB). If you are able to attend both and are willing to contribute a prize we can go beyond the top 3 finishers. See Northwest Championship below for details. Current standings to come.

Confirmed Attendees:
Longy418+1
obfuscated hippo
ROADRAGE
Nomad
Master of Disaster
Heroscapeguy
Dysole?
Wingman
White Q Knight
Vermilyion
Lord Nyax
Toogwik Tuk
Tyesheron

Food accommodations: Food is allowed in the store, and there are several fast food places (at least 3 within walking distance) and several more places to eat close by. We will not have a scheduled break to eat as people can leave any time and come back any time do to the format.

NORTHWEST CHAMPIONSHIP: We have joined forces with the Seattle group in the effort to bring our corner of the world closer together (and to provide more opportunities to Scape). The NHSD for Seattle is on October 15. Follow this link for more information: Seattle NHSD. The top three finishers in combined rankings for the two tournaments get an extra "valuable" prize furnished by the tournament organizers (more information on prizes to follow and 1st place gets a trophy!).

So, start planning. Contact Longy418 for possible carpooling north to Seattle. Contact Nomad for possible carpooling south to Vancouver/Portland. The more the merrier!

More info to come.

Last edited by Longy418; November 4th, 2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old September 14th, 2011, 12:43 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Portland/Vancouver NHSD

I am planning to make the trek down from Seattle for your event - so count me in.

Thanks, *Kai
Old September 15th, 2011, 08:03 PM

ROADRAGE is surprisingly tart

You can count me in Longy418, so many tournaments on the horizon right now --- I love it .

Regarding the c3v/sov, are you only allowing the ones that have been approved? I have the Zombie Warhulk and currently that is the only actual SoV one on the c3v/sov section with a book and everything.

I only ask this because I've seen some people make something that resembles silver surfer power wise and make them cost 150 points. I'm just curious what the extent of the customs will be?
</IMG>

Tourney record 99-20 headsup(23 tourneys)10-4 team (3 tourneys)0-1-2 ffa
25 master sets,4+ of every terrain exp.,every hero and 3+ of every common. Playing since 2007.
Old September 15th, 2011, 08:45 PM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

Only C3V and SOV customs that fit a ladder will be allowed. These must be the exact figure they have and based to their specifications or a reasonable proxies (pretty much the same figure with different paint, or extremely close).
They have been releasing the C3V's first wave and from what I have seen so far they seem pretty good, all of the first wave will be out by the time the tournament takes place.
Old September 16th, 2011, 12:39 AM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADRAGE View Post
Regarding the c3v/sov, are you only allowing the ones that have been approved? I have the Zombie Warhulk and currently that is the only actual SoV one on the c3v/sov section with a book and everything.
</IMG>
You're missing out big time! Check the C3V books index.

And the C3V effort takes great care to create characters that are fully compatible with "official" Heroscape in terms of gameplay and theme.

Like I mentioned in the other thread-- you wouldn't believe the amount of work the folks of C3V have put into creating and testing these characters!

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old September 16th, 2011, 12:41 AM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oops. Longy-- I've got the date in my calendar! Barring some unforeseen schedule conflict, me and my son will be there.

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old September 16th, 2011, 06:41 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This goes with out saying . . . but I will be there.
Old September 16th, 2011, 08:57 PM

Nomad, beej +1, and ROADRAGE added, looking forward to seeing you all.
Old September 18th, 2011, 11:54 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow!

NW NHSD Championship . . . I like the sound of that!

Hopefully this will encourage some people to make the 2.5 hour drive to get in more scape against the best from both NW big metropolitan areas.

Yes - Seattle area folk. I have a van that seats 8 and will be driving down from Everett. Let me know if you need a ride.
Old September 21st, 2011, 12:19 AM

The format has been updated and a couple of maps have been decided on.

Anybody interested in making Seattle's NHSD can contact me about carpooling.
Old September 21st, 2011, 11:39 AM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

I will be there for this Longy-sign me up.

Just to clarify, so when you roll to decide what army you use if you roll an even number (2,4,6 etc.) you use the army you brought. And if you roll an odd number (1,3,5 etc.) you use your opponent's army. Is this how its going to work?
Old September 21st, 2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Disaster View Post
I will be there for this Longy-sign me up.

Just to clarify, so when you roll to decide what army you use if you roll an even number (2,4,6 etc.) you use the army you brought. And if you roll an odd number (1,3,5 etc.) you use your opponent's army. Is this how its going to work?
That is correct.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day