Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 24th, 2011, 05:54 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: Northeast (New England) NHSD 2011: Mash-Up Smash-Up Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Your idea might work, but I'd have to limit it at 8 people, 4 maps. It would only be 3 rounds maximum, and the 4 maps used would be the only 4 in the room that you could play regular gaems on, so that we don't need to use that much space, and people can play regular games as soon as the first round is finished (leaving 2 maps open for casual). This little tourney however would not affect prizes however. Maybe the winner recieves an additional raffle ticket (but it'd be unfair since only 8 people of our attendees would be playing in the tourney).
I'm pretty sure it would work: as evidence I offer that it has worked well in the past.

The idea would to be to have more than one such mini-tournament ("alley") through the day, so that people could play in multiple ones, if that's what they wanted, and that it wouldn't be limited to eight people in total (though, yes, each alley would be an eight-player knockout, like you describe). With five maps we could start one every two hours (with some spare maps at some times for other games). With seven maps, we could start one every hour, but unless the attendance is huge I think the five map solution is better. And no reason at all to have it affect prizes---this is not putting itself above the other games on offer in importance, just giving another way to play.

(Also, why the strict rules about designated maps? I can see that three-player stuff makes a difference, but why can't the same map be used for drafting, regular, team,... games?)
Alright, I'll strongly take that into consideration then. Once I've made more decisions on maps (and how many we'll be using, since attendence affects this), I will work out a way to have that happen.

Regarding your map comments, there will be maps specifically set up for team games (larger likely, maybe with split start zones), and maps specifically set up for drafting (with pre-set draft pools). However, there will be at least 5 (as per your "Alleys" format) 'anything' maps. While these maps are meant for regular games, certainly you could draft or play a team game if you wanted.

As far as a space layout, I belive we will be getting 9 tables (+1 for a prize table). Each table will support 2 "stations
(places to play), so that's 18 stations. A quick theory I have come up with would look something like this:

18 Stations:
1. Draft
2. Draft
3. Draft
4. 3-player FFA
5. 3-player FFA
6. Official Scenario
7. Dungeon Scenario
8. C3G Scenario
9. C3G Game
10. C3G Game
11. Team
12. Team
13. Regular Map
14. Regular Map
15. Regular Map
16. Regular Map
17. Regular Map
18. Summoner Wars

That's 5 regular maps. If we can get a 10th table, account for another Regular Map and another Summoner Wars. If we can get an 11th table, account for yet another Regular Map and another Official Scenario.

The 5 Recommended Formats are looking to be:
Regular Game (Alley qualifies for this)
Draft (with pre-set pool)
C3G Game (with pre-set armies to choose from)
Scenario (Official, Dungeon, and C3G Scenarios all count for this)
Multiplayer (Team and 3-Player both count)

So, to get the Recommended Formats raffle ticket, one needs to play each of 5 categories, but does not need to play at every station and has choices of which game in each category they'd like to participate in. Again, you do not have to complete the Recommended Formats list.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 24th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Put me on the maybe* list. My schedule is in question at the moment.
Old August 25th, 2011, 01:09 PM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
Once a year.

I will try my best to be up there, I have to get the day off from work. I look forward to seeing everyone once a year.

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal, of the last and greatest of human dreams.
-William S. Burroughs
Old August 26th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I'll try to make it out there and hopefully with my pops too. I've been pretty absent around these forums and with gaming all together this summer, but I hope to get back out there to these tournaments.
Old August 28th, 2011, 06:51 PM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

My brand new dungeon map that I built specifically for this event is up! The map is called Deep Ruins, and the scenario is called Treasured Remnants. Enjoy!

Old August 29th, 2011, 05:09 PM

We now qualify for lowest level prize support!

Old August 30th, 2011, 04:23 PM

bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
My brand new dungeon map that I built specifically for this event is up! The map is called Deep Ruins, and the scenario is called Treasured Remnants. Enjoy!
Is there a link to the scenario anywhere?

Quote:
We now qualify for lowest level prize support!
Awesome!!!

Play Minecraft or video games? Check out Blu.Dot Productions on Youtube
Play 40K? Check out Bamogames on Youtube
Old August 30th, 2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamoguy View Post
Quote:
Is there a link to the scenario anywhere?
Nope. It's a secret.

Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:58 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

I can`t wait for October 15th! Only 1 month, 13 days to go!
Old September 2nd, 2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone View Post
I can`t wait for October 15th! Only 1 month, 13 days to go!
yes! I hope more people respond. I want this to be big.

Old September 3rd, 2011, 06:51 PM

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Every player needs to bring at least 1 450 point army to participate. All scenarios and game types will call for a 450 point army. So yes, you can use 1 army for every format. However, since this is casual, feel free to bring as many different armies as you'd like.

In the Alley tourneys, you will not be allowed to switch armies in between rounds.

If you so choose, just for fun, you might consider combining a couple of your armies with a couple of your opponents for a fun draft. However, this will not count as a Draft for the Recommended Formats.

It is highly suggested that your army not take up more than 16 starting hexes as to accommodate for team games and such.

Last edited by Scapemage; September 3rd, 2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old September 4th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

450 points? Not my favorite (I like 550- 600 better), but not bad. Thanks for posting so early. Now I can start making my army!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day