Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 23rd, 2011, 09:59 PM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Northeast (New England) NHSD 2011: Mash-Up Smash-Up Game

I'd like to go (haven't been to a game day in quite some time), but I'm not sure if I can convince my wife it's worth the drive... Very tentative for now, and I'll see what I can do.

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:27 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Ah c'mon, you have to go. I'm still hanging onto that pack of Reavers/WoA that was in the combined HouseMouse order we made several months ago.

What's 100 or so miles to get a $7 pack of Scape.

-insert signature here-
Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:35 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyphot View Post
I'd like to go (haven't been to a game day in quite some time), but I'm not sure if I can convince my wife it's worth the drive... Very tentative for now, and I'll see what I can do.
She could visit the Brattleboro Museum of Fine Art, catch a movie at the Latchis Theatre, shop locally in downtown Brattleboro, and more while you game.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 24th, 2011, 06:30 AM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyphot View Post
She could visit the Brattleboro Museum of Fine Art, catch a movie at the Latchis Theatre, shop locally in downtown Brattleboro, and more while you game.
The problem is around convincing her to make the drive with me... if she comes, she'll play!

It's on the calendar, so now it's a matter of justifying it...

nyys, thanks for holding onto that booster for so long! I was hoping to get out sooner...

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old August 24th, 2011, 07:35 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

No worries, you're just lucky I have 'enough' of that pack or they would have made it to my gaming table by now.

-insert signature here-
Old August 24th, 2011, 09:44 AM

Charr21 Woo who?

I might be able to go. I'm with whatever Bamoguy says.

The best thing to say when your best unit has been destroyed:

What is this?
Old August 24th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I won't be able to go becasue of my usual Saturday cello commitments... have fun though.
Old August 24th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Huh, I miss an event and you guys plan to squeeze as much of the stuff I like less about 'scape into the next event as possible while I'm not there to grumble? Pfft.

I'll be there anyway, I should think.

A small plea for something that has worked well on previous NHSD mash-ups: what about having one strip of seven maps for 8-player, 3-round, single-elimination, kill 'em all "alleys"? That should be enough to satisfy the competitve itch that I (and others?) have. Actually, it could go pretty smoothly with five maps if we started them less frequently. What do you think?
Old August 24th, 2011, 04:21 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Huh, I miss an event and you guys plan to squeeze as much of the stuff I like less about 'scape into the next event as possible while I'm not there to grumble? Pfft.

I'll be there anyway, I should think.

A small plea for something that has worked well on previous NHSD mash-ups: what about having one strip of seven maps for 8-player, 3-round, single-elimination, kill 'em all "alleys"? That should be enough to satisfy the competitve itch that I (and others?) have. Actually, it could go pretty smoothly with five maps if we started them less frequently. What do you think?
You only have to play what you want to. This is to celebrate the many different ways 'scape can be played.

Your idea might work, but I'd have to limit it at 8 people, 4 maps. It would only be 3 rounds maximum, and the 4 maps used would be the only 4 in the room that you could play regular gaems on, so that we don't need to use that much space, and people can play regular games as soon as the first round is finished (leaving 2 maps open for casual). This little tourney however would not affect prizes however. Maybe the winner recieves an additional raffle ticket (but it'd be unfair since only 8 people of our attendees would be playing in the tourney).

I will give it some thought.

@Arp, too bad! I was really hoping you could come. If for some oddball reason you end up being able to make it, let me know.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 24th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Your idea might work, but I'd have to limit it at 8 people, 4 maps. It would only be 3 rounds maximum, and the 4 maps used would be the only 4 in the room that you could play regular gaems on, so that we don't need to use that much space, and people can play regular games as soon as the first round is finished (leaving 2 maps open for casual). This little tourney however would not affect prizes however. Maybe the winner recieves an additional raffle ticket (but it'd be unfair since only 8 people of our attendees would be playing in the tourney).
I'm pretty sure it would work: as evidence I offer that it has worked well in the past.

The idea would to be to have more than one such mini-tournament ("alley") through the day, so that people could play in multiple ones, if that's what they wanted, and that it wouldn't be limited to eight people in total (though, yes, each alley would be an eight-player knockout, like you describe). With five maps we could start one every two hours (with some spare maps at some times for other games). With seven maps, we could start one every hour, but unless the attendance is huge I think the five map solution is better. And no reason at all to have it affect prizes---this is not putting itself above the other games on offer in importance, just giving another way to play.

(Also, why the strict rules about designated maps? I can see that three-player stuff makes a difference, but why can't the same map be used for drafting, regular, team,... games?)
Old August 24th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
@Arp, too bad! I was really hoping you could come. If for some oddball reason you end up being able to make it, let me know.
Yeah, I regularly can't attend events during the school year. If anyone wants to host an event on a Sunday, or on Nov 26, Dec 17, Dec 24, Feb 18, or March 17, that'd be great (I'll try for PiW on one of those days). Otherwise, you won't see me until June.
Old August 24th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like the alley idea. This has always been a lot of fun in the past. It's pretty self governing as well, very easy to run.

Scapemage, as you plan this, don't worry about terrain as a limitation. I'm sure there are enough of us that can provide whatever terrain is needed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day