Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 27th, 2011, 05:58 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: Northeast (New England) NHSD 2011: Mash-Up Smash-Up Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venair View Post
Heyy everyone! After attending the awsome event held on the 15th, I was hoping to plan for an event of my own here in springfield. However, I am having a hard time getting things put together and was wondering if any of you guys would be willing to give me some tips? Also, I was hoping that some of you guys would be interested in attending? I met alot of cool people at the last event, and it would be great to see you guys attend one of mine.
Mombo has an event set up for December, so you might want to consider a date in 2012 for an event.

To run an event, the key is organization. If you're organized, people will come. Get a good venue, a good date, an organized event, and you're all set. Heck, I'm 14 years old and I've hosted 4 events already.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old October 27th, 2011, 10:07 PM

Venair is surprisingly tart

Thanks for the advice Scape! I was thinking it would be a good idea to wait until 2012 for my first event after reading your advice. In the meantime, I had an idea, a few of my friends and I are going to attempt to start the first ever official heroscape gaming group in springfield! If anyone who reads this thread is in the local area and wants to join/ help start the group, please feel free to send me a pm so we can get our scape on! Hopefully, my central location will pull in a decent amount of people. Best of luck to Mombo, I'm sure the event will be awsome!
Old October 27th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venair View Post
Thanks for the advice Scape! I was thinking it would be a good idea to wait until 2012 for my first event after reading your advice. In the meantime, I had an idea, a few of my friends and I are going to attempt to start the first ever official heroscape gaming group in springfield! If anyone who reads this thread is in the local area and wants to join/ help start the group, please feel free to send me a pm so we can get our scape on! Hopefully, my central location will pull in a decent amount of people. Best of luck to Mombo, I'm sure the event will be awsome!
Springfield is a pretty good centrally located place for most of us northeast scapers. Under 2 hours from Bos/Prov/VT/NY.

The first thing you need to do is find a venue that is willing to let you do this for free/cheap and pick a couple of possible dates. I would say mid January would be the earliest that may possibly work for people. After that, we've got Total Con in late Feb.

Once you've got that taken care of, the rest is easy. People will always volunteer to bring terrain for maps. It's not tough to find a format to play.
Old October 28th, 2011, 04:00 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

I can't come to that...

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old October 29th, 2011, 09:24 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Venair...two keys to a successful event are...

1-Be prepared...if you make sure all your ducks are in a row with location, terrain, map selections etc it will go smoother...even if something unexpected comes up

2-Make it fun for the participants...think of organizing an event like hosting a party at your home...you want everyone to enjoy it. I don't even play in the TotalCon events unless we have an odd number of players and still have a good time. I'm not saying you can't play at your event but you can't just play and expect everything to run smoothly.
Old November 4th, 2011, 06:54 AM

nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby! nyphot rolls all skulls baby!

Hey, did anyone misplace a Jandar die from NHSD? I re-counted and discovered 13 and Bengi (not his) tells me that I'm not allowed to roll for 13 for Jandar's dispatch... so if you're missing one, I have it.

Sorry 'bout that. I only had 12 when I left NHSD, but then I found one on the floor of my condo!

I need you to be awesome. Can you be awesome?

Thanks to AmishBurrito for a promo code and Gulp for sending wound markers!
Old November 4th, 2011, 08:22 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

@Venair

Looks like Mombo is going to push his event until January, though that's not to say we can't have two in the same Month.

If you do February, keep in mind that TotalCon is at the end of the month, and as much as I think folks would go to both (if yours was early enough in Feb), I'm not sure since so much prep (and $$ in some cases) goes into that one.

March has been a notoriously open month (or at least there has not been a consitent venue), then in April Bengi, DarkMage, TomCollins, and myself (if I get off my but this year) usually run our annual tourney/game day.

Springfield is no problem for my son and I as long as we have the date open.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day