Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 20th, 2011, 10:11 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Northeast (New England) NHSD 2011: Mash-Up Smash-Up Game Day

Northeast (New England) National Heroscape Day 2011: Mash-Up Smash-Up Game Day
Sponsored by RacNRoll Gaming and Boxed Up Fun

This year for National Heroscape Day 2011, we've planned something big, something different, something fun. Something...diverse! Taunting huh? Read on!

When: National Heroscape Day of course! October 15th, 2011. You may officially begin gaming at 10:30 AM, so please arrive by 10:00 AM if possible. Gaming will officially end and we will move to prize raffles at around 5 PM (may be earlier). If you cannot arrive by 10:00 AM (long drive, other matters, whatever the case), that is fine! This is a game day, so come and leave whenever you please.

We can get into the church as early as 8:00 AM. If you plan on bringing maps or helping with set-up, please arrive between 8:00 and 9:30 AM.

Where: First Congregational Church, 880 Western Avenue, Brattleboro, VT, 05301, (802) 254-9767. Map information

The church is the First Congregational Church, NOT the Green Mountain Church nearby. The entrance is on the side near the back, but you must drive the long way around the church because it's a one-way zone due to the nearby school. The entrance will be marked with a sign on the door, and it is the entrance with the onning. Please do not use the front entrance. Once through the door, walk down a short hall after turning right to get to the room, through double-doors which will be open. There will be 3 long rows of tables for maps. In either the front or the back we will have a prize table set up. When you enter the room, turn right for restrooms.

There is plenty of places to eat nearby, including West Brattleboro Pizza just a short walk down the street.

Format: This year for National Heroscape day we are not running a tournament. That's right, no tournament. What's this you say? Well, we thought that since it is National Heroscape Day, we should celebrate the many aspects of Heroscape that have brought us joy throughout the years. So we will be doing a Mash-Up (Smash-Up) to celebrate the many diverse ways that Heroscape can be played.

At each table in our vast playing space (special thanks to Ruth Tripp for allowing us to use this space multiple times over the past year!), you will get to play a different format of Heroscape! That's right! Each table is different. There may be 2 of the same format in the room, but that is to accommodate for the many options so that every single person can play exactly what they want, and also try out some new things.

For those with a competitive itch, we will be running Alley Brackets beginning every two hours. Each Alley is a 3 round, single-elimination tourney consisting of 8 people, where players play regular 1-on-1 games. Anyone can participate in any number of Alleys, but it is not required.
Spoiler Alert!

All things considered, enjoy a nice day of casual gaming and have fun with it!

Prizes: Since there is no tournament this year, prizes will not be given out by order of standings (because there is no standings). Instead, they will be raffled. All attendees will receive 1 raffle ticket. All attendees to contribute at least 1 prize to the prize table will receive 1 additional raffle ticket1. In addition, 5 formats will be chosen as Recommended Formats. All attendees who play at least 1 game in each of the 5 Recommended Formats will receive 1 additional raffle ticket (Everyone will be given a sheet to record which formats they have played).

This year, we are hoping for a rather interesting prize table. Since everything will be raffled, it is okay to bring repaints, custom figures and/or terrain, mods, to contribute to the prize table (boosters, sets, and other games *Heroscape preferred however* are still perfectly fine). We also have prize support from our friends R˙chean, EternalThanos86, and Boxed Up Fun. The more prizes, the better!

What you need to bring: Every player needs to bring at least 1 450 point army to participate. All scenarios and game types will call for a 450 point army. So yes, you can use 1 army for every format. However, since this is casual, feel free to bring as many different armies as you'd like.

In the Alley tourneys, you will not be allowed to switch armies in between rounds.

If you so choose, just for fun, you might consider combining a couple of your armies with a couple of your opponents for a fun draft. However, this will not count as a Draft for the Recommended Formats.

It is highly suggested that your army not take up more than 16 starting hexes as to accommodate for team games and such.

Maps: Will be updated frequently as decisions are made. Next to each map you will find what format will be played on the map, as well as a small note regarding who is responsible for bringing the map.
Spoiler Alert!

Attendees (22 Definite, 35 Potential):
Please RSVP by PM or post here if you will or might be attending.
*= maybe
1. Scapemage
2. Neo
3. Onacara
4. Dylan
5. Anthony
6. Nyys
7. PJ
8. Bengi
9. Nyys's Nephew 1*
10. Nyys's Nephew 2*
11. Nyphot
12. Nyphot's Wife
13. Bamoguy*
14. Charr21*
15. Orcelfarmy1
16. Orcelfarmy1's Dad
17. Ollie
18. Darkmage7a
19. Ugly1HornedMule
20. Cleon*
21. Cleon's Father*
22. WarlordoftheWolves
23. Green Mtn Goblin
24. Shades Fan*
25. TomCollins2000
26. Imadragon*
27. CHOMP!*
28. lol'otis*
29. Adam
30. HarryPlopper
31. Venair
32. Loborocket
33. Jimmy
34. Jimmy's friend 1*
35. Jimmy's friend 2*
36. Mombo101*
37. Venair's cousin
38. Jordan*

Thank you to Bengi for the idea.
Special thanks to EternalThanos86, R˙chean, and Boxed Up Fun for donating prizes.
Very special thank you to Onacara and RacnRoll Gaming for sponsoring the event.
Very very special thank you to Ruth Tripp for doing everything she can to allow us to use such a wonderful gaming space frequently.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Last edited by Scapemage; October 14th, 2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:55 AM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: New England NHSD: Mash-Up Smash-Up Game Day!

I can probably come, so put me as maybe. BTW- Can it still be a tournament with rank determined by win-loss difference with a minimum number of matches played?

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY

Last edited by Neo; August 23rd, 2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 02:49 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Me and my 2 boys will be there...will be nice to just show up and play for a change.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 04:19 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

No trip/event planned this year for NHSD weekend so it's looking good for myself and the little guy. Will know more firmly once October rolls around.

-insert signature here-
Old August 23rd, 2011, 08:14 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In. Let me know if I can help with maps or something.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 08:28 PM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: Northeast (New England) NHSD: Mash-Up Smash-Up Game Day!

I have just added a large amount of information to the first post.

Awesome! I am really hoping that we will get a large number of attendees this time around. So please, tell your friends!

@Neo, There will not be a tournament of any kind this year. That has been decided and will not be changed, sorry. With all the difference formats, people will be playing very different amount of games throughout the day, so standings will not be fair if determined at all.

@Bengi, I am in the process of choosing maps. I will send you a PM when I have made all of the decisions.

Old August 23rd, 2011, 08:48 PM

bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker
Re: Northeast (New England) NHSD 2011: Mash-Up Smash-Up Game

Okay go ahead and put me down as a maybe. If I do or don't go though, I am still very interested in helping organize and stuff like you mentioned in one of your posts, so just let me know wherever or whenever I can help.

Play Minecraft or video games? Check out Blu.Dot Productions on Youtube
Play 40K? Check out Bamogames on Youtube
Old August 23rd, 2011, 08:53 PM
has been BANNED

In order to get as many people there as possible....

RacNRoll Gaming will be sponsoring the event by putting up the $70 for the event space.

Attendees should just bring something for the prize table.

PS: Anthony is Onacara Jr...my other son is Dylan
Old August 23rd, 2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
In order to get as many people there as possible....

RacNRoll Gaming will be sponsoring the event by putting up the $70 for the event space.

Attendees should just bring something for the prize table.

PS: Anthony is Onacara Jr...my other son is Dylan
Oh wow! Thanks Onacara! I really appreciate that! This helps so much! I can't thank you enough and you will be in my thank-yous as a very special thanks.

Old August 23rd, 2011, 09:09 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

If we're able to come (and it looks good, I confirmed the date is still open as far as the fam is concerned) I'm going to see if two of my nephews want to come as well.

We'll contribute to the prize table the question is should it be a regular game that Onacara doesn't have and in turn make him or a 'rare' Scape item and possibly cause an incident.

-insert signature here-
Old August 23rd, 2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

If we're able to come (and it looks good, I confirmed the date is still open as far as the fam is concerned) I'm going to see if two of my nephews want to come as well.

We'll contribute to the prize table the question is should it be a regular game that Onacara doesn't have and in turn make him or a 'rare' Scape item and possibly cause an incident.
Personally, I'd say rare 'scape item, however, Onacara is sponsoring the event, so a game in his dedication would also be good. Both would be absolutely excellent.

Old August 23rd, 2011, 09:16 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

Personally, I'd say rare 'scape item, however, Onacara is sponsoring the event, so a game in his dedication would also be good. Both would be absolutely excellent.
I'm not sponsoring the event...RacNRoll Gaming is

If you want to give me a game I dont have but want thats fine too

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day