Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 15th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun
NHSD 11 Peoria, IL 10/15/11

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Date: Saturday, October 15, 2011
Time: 10am-5:30pm
Cost: $5 contribution for prize pool
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The day is fast approaching and with the departure of Vydar, the NHSD Peoria has a new face. All discussion for this event will be located in this thread, so post or PM if interested in attending. I am also sending a PM to all previous attendees.

The Peoria tourney has a added feature this year, CASUAL PLAY. If you are not interested in playing a tournament, you can use one of the unused maps and play 500 pt armies against other casual players while tourney games are going on. Bring any army that you have always wanted to try, or any combination of 500 points that would be fun to play. These armies can include Marvel, SoV, and C3V IF YOU HAVE THE MINIATURES

Hope to see as many of you there as possible.

Schedule
10am-11am: Registration and Map Setup
11-11:30 Lunch
11:30 am sharp: First round begins
4:30pm: Championship Round and Map Teardown
5:30 pm: Prizes

There is a Taco Bell and a Little Caesars within walking distance. There is no food in the play area, and any beverages must be in a lidded container.

Rules

Tournament
1) 500 Point Armies (bring your own dice, order markers, and wound markers)
2) "Faction Wars" - Only figures from a single general allowed in an army. Valkrill units may be used by any general
3) No Marvel, SoV, CuC and C3V figures.
4) Glyphs - All nontreasure glyphs (except Kelda and Brandar) will be placed in a pool and put symbol side up on each map. The quantity on each map would be based on the map built. No glyphs will be placed power side up. Please mark your map with glyph locations
5) Maps:
BOV maps

Marr Highway (briaka)
Mole Hills (briaka's son)
Burial Marsh (Mac122)
Ember Canyon Road (Mac122)
Broken Skyline (Mac122)
Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh (WarriorOfEberoon)
Bad Moon Rising (Mac122)
Arctic Divide (Mac122)
Embattled Fen (legoboy)
Badru Valley (kevindola)
Ticalla Sunrise (vegietarian1
Fire Isles (infectedsloth)
Fossil (legoboy)
Invasion (borimir96)
Swamp Thing (samuelfrost4)

6) Format (Based on the Super Simple System (SSS) for tourney management.)
-----50 Minute Timed Rounds
-----Absolute Losing Score
-----Whole Card Scoring

4 Swiss Rounds
Matches between armies of the same faction will try to be avoided.

Faction Championships
Top 2 players for each faction are matched.
Winners of this round are declared their faction's champion.

Swiss Round for all other players.

Tournament Championship (around 4pm)
Tournament Leader vs. Challenger
Tournament Leader = Faction champion with best overall Swiss record.
Challenger = Faction champion with the second best overall Swiss record unless:
-----1) That player was previously defeated by the Tournament Leader AND
-----2) A Faction Champion with an identical W-L record that was never defeated by the Tournament Leader exists.

All others tear down maps.

7) Prizes - Please, bring $5 to contribute to purchase the prizes and store gift certificates.
The more people we have, the cooler the prizes will be.

All prizes will be placed in a prize pool for selection in the following order:
-----Tournament Champion
-----Sportsmanship Award
-----Other 6 Faction Champions in order of tournament record after 5 rounds
-----Remaining participants based on tournament record after 5 rounds

Prize pool
Marvel Master Set
Swarm Master Set
Castle Set
Skahen Repaint
Ornak
Heroscape Music CD.
Heroes Of the Moon Tribe
Heroes of Faerun
Synergy Poster
Dice Tower
Synergy Charts
Dice Tray
Used Castle Set
Used Castle Set
Gift Certificate
Gift Certificate
Gift Certificate
Gift Certificate
Gift Certificate
Heroscape Promotional Comic Book

Casual Play

For those interested in Casual Play, boards will be set up for 50 minute games. Have you wondered what an all Kyre army would look like, or if Hulk and Krug could hold off 500 pts worth of figures, here is the place to find out
1) 500 Point Armies (bring your own dice, order markers, and wound markers)
2) Maps - BOV maps
3) Have fun
4) Prizes may be available. They would be on a participation basis...we can't judge on fun can we?

List of Attendees 22
Ryougabot
briaka
briaka's son

tomrza44
kevindola
mac122
jetjake
WarriorOfEberron
vegietarian18 +1
vminer
legoboy
Captain Canuck
infectedsloth
langfordrocks
myheartshakes +3
samuelfrost4
Evar-Scarcarver
boromir96

(If your name isn't on the list and you are planning coming, please, respond to this thread so we can add you and plan accordingly. I'd like our count to be as accurate as possible so we can be sure to accommodate everyone.)

DISCLAIMER: All information is non-contractual and subject to change as deemed necessary by the tournament organizers.

After NHSD report.

We all arrived and began setting up. We had 9 beautiful tables to work with and we had all maps built by 11:00.

Thanks to the generosity of the participants and R˙chean, we had a beautiful Heroscape prize table.

After lunch all 22 players started the carnage

By the end of the day, Kevindola and Borimir96 proceeded to the championship game.

Kevin with his Einar army clashed with Borimir and his Utgar army.

Ultimately, Kevidola emerged victorious.

Please post any after battle reports in this thread, I am sure tales of the epic confrontations witnessed here would be appreciated by all.

Champion: Kevindola
2nd: Borimir96

Faction Champions
Einar - Kevindola
Utgar - Borimir96
Jandar - Garza
Ullar - Vminer
Vydar - Evar Scarcarver
Aquilla - myheartshakes

On a personal note: I have never seen a more gracious and well behaved group of people.

Everyone received a good sportsmanship ballot. All participants voted for the most sportsmanlike opponent the encountered. The winner was Mac122 with three votes. There was a 2 way tie for second with two votes a piece. Every other vote was for a different person. Statistically, this tells me that this entire group was sportsmanlike.

JFF also told me afterward that this group was one of the best behaved groups they had ever seen.

The best compliment came from a mom who drove her kid up from St Louis (3 hours). She sat through all 8 hours of the event and was still smiling at the end because her son was having a good time.

JFF noted that we had some beautiful maps and many happy gamers in their back rooms...and they didn't have to scrub pizza out of the carpet. There were $60 worth of store gift certificates as prizes and I am sure people bought things on the way out.

We had one kid off the street want to learn to play, and there was a nice casual game there.

If you will have me, I would love to host next year...with or without prize support.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom

Last edited by Ryougabot; October 16th, 2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:53 PM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
Re: NHSD 11 Peoria, IL 10/15/11

Thanks for doing this event I had lost all hope of participating in a NSHD this year. Didn't want to take extended time off and take long drive elsewhere. put me down as maybe and I will request it off and as soon as it gets approved I will let you know.
Old August 16th, 2011, 07:32 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't know if I'll be able to make it,But I might be able to go with Samuelfrost4 and Elderberryyandspouts.So put me on the maybe list.

Also,Are SoV, CuC and C3V Allowed?

Tournament Record:124-50 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old August 16th, 2011, 11:17 AM

briaka knows what's in an order marker briaka knows what's in an order marker

Thank you Ryougabout for taking the reigns! My son and I will be coming. We will bring Marr Highway and Mole Hills for our maps. I realize we only need to bring one, but I have the terrain to build them both.

Briaka and son.

Do. Or do not. There is no I don't wanna.
Old August 16th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by briaka View Post
Thank you Ryougabout for taking the reigns! My son and I will be coming. We will bring Marr Highway and Mole Hills for our maps. I realize we only need to bring one, but I have the terrain to build them both.

Briaka and son.
Are you interested in tournament or casual play?

-Ryougabot

Old August 16th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I Need 42 Dumutefs for my Ullar army

samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby!

I will almost defiantly be there. Theres a slim chance something will pop up though. I might even be able to bring friends. (@Boromer.) You can put me on the list. I dont know what board we will bring yet, but I`ll PM you when I decide. Thanks! 2 of my brothers will come also. Will I need to bring 2 boards? We have enough terrain just wondering what we need to take.

EDIT: Also I would like an answer to boromer`s question too. Will SoV and CV3 be allowed?

Hello. I have updated my signature in an attempt to convey absolutely nothing, and waste your time reading this every time I post. Thank you.
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:14 PM

tomrza44 Woo who?

Thanks for the invite, I will plan to attend. If anyone in the Rockford/Dekalb/Belvidere area would like to carpool send me a message.
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelfrost4 View Post
Thanks! 2 of my brothers will come also. Will I need to bring 2 boards? We have enough terrain just wondering what we need to take.

EDIT: Also I would like an answer to boromer`s question too. Will SoV and CV3 be allowed?
About the boards,
We will need 1 board for every two people in attendance, so if every other person brings a board, it will work out perfectly.

Only official units are allowed. No SoV, CuC and C3V

The event is only 1 day old and we are already half way to prize support

-Ryougabot

Last edited by Ryougabot; August 16th, 2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old August 16th, 2011, 05:09 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey,Is there going to be a prize for the best themed army?

PS.Samuel you need to learn how to spell my name right.

Tournament Record:124-50 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Last edited by boromir96; August 16th, 2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old August 16th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Hey,Is there going to be a prize for the best themed army?
There may be...

-Ryougabot

Old August 16th, 2011, 06:30 PM

briaka knows what's in an order marker briaka knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by briaka View Post

Briaka and son.
Are you interested in tournament or casual play?
Both, but for the purposes of your question we both will be in the tourney.

Do. Or do not. There is no I don't wanna.
Old August 16th, 2011, 10:52 PM

ravemaster99 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Aww, its a little over 2 hours away from my location. Theres no way my brother will take me there.

The BEST thing about being me, is that there are SO MANY mes... watching... waiting...watching... Yea... I signed it...

Click here to level up my card!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day