Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 13th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Bay Area Brawl - NHSD'10

Why: Do you really need to ask? IT'S NATIONAL HEROSCAPE DAY.

Where: GameKastle (CONFIRMED!)
When: Oct. 16th, 11-6

Who:

1.) Menchi (Can he defend his title?)
2.) Killometer (Metric system, baby!)
3.) The Carnivals Duo
4.) Grimfang
5.) Winin
6.) cmgames
7.) Grim (?)
8.) tshill12
9.) Dnutt (Party Time!) +2
10.) Jason
11.) zyx +1
12.) Xonk21
13.) Killz
14.) Killz' Brothers - 3 (?)
15.) Jerry 22
16.) DaftFighterz
17.) FishTako (?)
18.) Robounit197
19.) Tcslayer (?)
20.) RunoftheMill (?)
21.) Utgar's Servant +1
22.) RoninValentina
23) Malechi (Could you find some place even further south? How about Coalinga next time!)

20 Confirmed & 2 Maybes.

What: The event this year will be an Army Swap tournament. Everyone will bring one 460 point army, no Marvel. When you arrive you'll check your army in and it will be numbered. You'll play that army in the first round, and then in each subsequent round, the number for your army will be dropped into a hat and each player will randomly draw out their next army. You will never play the same army twice nor will you oppose the same army twice. Additionally, you will never have to face your own army. A player will replace his drawn token into the hat and draw another for any of the above conditions. The tournament structure will be Swiss style, and players will get points for winning each round AND points each round (after the first) the army they provided also wins. This is to provide incentive for player to bring good armies, and not random trash.

Proposed ranking structure: Players will be ranked each round by their win/loss ratio. At the end of 5 rounds, players will also have their army's win/loss ratio added to their own. The player with the best record will be the new NorCal champion, with any ties being decided by better player records over army records.

Glyph Pool: Unless fixed by the map available glyphs will be Dagmar, Valda, Wannok, Kelda, and Lodin. If you provide one or more maps, please try to supplement each map with this pool if required.

Maps: The following maps will be present for the event. I encased all of them in the spoiler tag so you won't have to load them every time you open this page.

Spoiler Alert!

So once more the time to throw down some skulls approaches. Come play some 'Scape with us and let good times ensue!

- Heroscape is a standing game. -

Last edited by RoninValentina; October 15th, 2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Reigning Nor-Cal Champion

Menchi has disabled reputation
Re: Bay Area Brawl - NHSD'10

WTF mate?! You're supposed to automatically sign me up for this stuff.

Also, I vote for 450 points. Been playing 500 pts for too long. Could be fun to play with less points for once.
Old August 13th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I'm good with any point total.

Pending the scheduling of my internship, I'm there, with an additional one or two.

Linking this to the OP of the NCD2.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old August 13th, 2010, 06:51 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Add myself & Carnival Boy for certain!

450 points.

Scoring suggestion: Full points (for example 10 points) for every match won by the individual & half points for that person's army. (I think that) If you win with your own army you should get full credit (15 points.) This way there is a good chance that some winning armies can surpass their owner's points but only a small chance to win the tourney for it's owner.

But I suck at statistics anyway...

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN

Last edited by Carnival Man; August 13th, 2010 at 09:21 PM. Reason: fixed opinion on points
Old August 13th, 2010, 10:58 PM

Grimfang Woo who?

:]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Sign me up! Dang, October is sooo far away, but I'll just have to manage,

As for the point totals, I'll be fine with any, but I guess 450 sounds pretty good.

Also, there aren't going to be any limits on A units ?
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:56 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Here's a banner I whipped up:

First full size:

This is signature sized:

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN

Last edited by Carnival Man; September 1st, 2010 at 01:25 AM. Reason: added smaller banner
Old August 14th, 2010, 04:38 AM

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfang View Post
:]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Sign me up! Dang, October is sooo far away, but I'll just have to manage,

As for the point totals, I'll be fine with any, but I guess 450 sounds pretty good.

Also, there aren't going to be any limits on A units ?
There will be no unit limitations in this event. You want to build good armies you think most people can win with, but also keep in mind you might face your own army as well, so if you hate fighting Rats, consider not bringing them.

Old August 14th, 2010, 07:41 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I've been thinking about scoring player wins and army wins, and I'm a little uncomfortable with the idea that someone could go 4-1 and beat out someone who goes 5-0 because they get lucky with who draws their army. What if, instead of giving points for army wins, army wins was the first tie-breaker?

Also, I don't know how much you've considered how to keep armies organized so that people can get them quickly after they've drawn their number, how to keep track of how well each army is doing, and how to minimize misplacing figures, but I've got a single solution for all three.

Have a table dedicated to armies. On this table have a sheet of paper for each army. Each sheet would be labeled 1 through X, and have columns for rounds, players and W-L-D. When each person arrives at the beginning of the tourney, they organize their army on one of the sheets, then label each spot where a fig is resting. So a completed sheet would look like this (with the appropriate fig sitting on top of each label between games)

Black is the template, dark red is what is filled in by the player that brings the army, and dark blue is what each successive player fills in. This way you can quickly look at the army and make sure it is complete, both when you pick it up to start, and after you're done and replace it, plus it provides an easy way to see how well each army is doing.

Last edited by Killometer; August 14th, 2010 at 07:42 PM. Reason: And no, that is NOT the army I'm bringing.
Old August 14th, 2010, 11:08 PM

Grimfang Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post

There will be no unit limitations in this event. You want to build good armies you think most people can win with, but also keep in mind you might face your own army as well, so if you hate fighting Rats, consider not bringing them.
Okies, Now building a good army without multiples of anything is going to be a challenge onto itself. Lol, I guess I'll have to apologize ahead of time to whoever's going to be using my army xD
Old August 15th, 2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post

Okies, Now building a good army without multiples of anything is going to be a challenge onto itself. Lol, I guess I'll have to apologize ahead of time to whoever's going to be using my army xD
Check out 1x commons and worst 1x commons to see which common units work well and poorly as singles. I think that a good piece of advice is to try to build an army that keeps OM management simple. An army that looks something like

Heavy Hitter (Q Brother, Cyp, Hydra, etc.)
Cheerleader (Raelin, Rhogar, Kelda, etc.)
Bonding Squad (Knights, Blade Gruts, Capuans, etc.)
Bonding Hero (Alistair, Grimnak, Crixus, etc.)
xxx points/yy hexes

would be fairly easy to assemble, and it could be efficiently played with just a couple minutes of analysis.

Old August 15th, 2010, 02:26 AM

The question about whether a 4-1 player with more contributed army wins should beat a 5-0 player with less contributed army wins is exactly why I want to discuss how scoring should be done. The tie breaker idea is interesting.

Also, I rather like your tournament form, Killometer. Well done.

@ Grimfang

If you would like to supplement your commons for a tournament army, there are many Nor-Cal Scapers, myself included, that would probably be more than willing to lend you a few extra squads. Design some armies that you like, and then post here about what you might possibly want to borrow. Should be able to work something out.

Old August 15th, 2010, 08:03 PM

Grimfang Woo who?

Thanks Ronin! That's really helpful and nice ! I'll post whatever I'll need (I won't ask for much, probably one or two squads at most) once the point limit is decided and the maps are figured out.

I was thinking of using Omnicron Snipers since they are the only guys I have multiples of, but then I realized they won't do so hot on flat maps and that I need Repulsors to make them somewhat effective. But since I can borrow some squads, I can use an actually effective army

The 10th Seem like a pretty good unit > : D

Last edited by Grimfang; August 15th, 2010 at 08:11 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day