Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 18th, 2010, 02:30 PM

Ratnic Woo who?
Re: Hexes in Texas 2010: A National Heroscape Day event - 10

The rest of the South Louisiana crew is going to go.

Signing up

Attendee list:
1.R˙chean
2.JaredFancy
3. Podwest
4. Guns Mahoney
5. Lord Trask
6. killergoat72
7. CheddarGaybo
8. Dignan
9. Panopticon
10. Vertigosmooth
11. Erasmus
12. Ratnic

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike...
Old August 18th, 2010, 10:01 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Can the next person please change back my name on the freaking list?!?

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; August 18th, 2010 at 10:02 PM. Reason: You are such a punkass Dignan...
Old August 18th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Gotcha covered, CL.

Attendee list:
1.R˙chean
2.JaredFancy
3. Podwest
4. Guns Mahoney
5. Lord Trask
6. killergoat72
7. LimberGaybo CheesePuff
8. Dignan
9. Panopticon
10. Vertigosmooth
11. Erasmus
12. Ratnic
13. rym

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; August 18th, 2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: I hope 13's a lucky number this year!
Old August 18th, 2010, 11:59 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This will not do...

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; August 18th, 2010 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Urge to kill rising...
Old August 19th, 2010, 08:20 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rym again.
Nice work, rym.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old August 20th, 2010, 03:50 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

The first map has been identified:

Trailblazer
Date Uploaded: 8/15
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 RttFF, 1 VW.

Don't like it? Wish I would back of Dignan maps?

Guess what? I don't care!!! This is a good map and Dignan consistently makes great tourney maps. I suspect there will be another one or two of his in the map pool before we are done.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; August 20th, 2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Seriously! I DO NOT CARE if you do not like it...eat my shorts!
Old August 20th, 2010, 05:03 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Don't like it? Wish I would back of Dignan maps?

Guess what? I don't care!!! This is a good map and Dignan consistently makes great tourney maps. I suspect there will be another one or two of his in the map pool before we are done.
Well, since Velenne has been absent from the boards as of late, I don't think you need to defend you "I like Dignan maps" opinion as much as you have in the past.

By the way, that's an excellent map selection. That Dignan guy really makes maps that I enjoy!

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old August 20th, 2010, 06:18 PM

Boodog knows what's in an order marker Boodog knows what's in an order marker

The game is afoot!

1.R˙chean
2.JaredFancy
3. Podwest
4. Guns Mahoney
5. Lord Trask
6. killergoat72
7. CheddarLimbo
8. Dignan
9. Panopticon
10. Vertigosmooth
11. Erasmus
12. Ratnic
13. rym
14. Boodog

DUNESCAPE

The spice must flow!
Old August 20th, 2010, 06:49 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

1.R˙chean
2.JaredFancy
3. Podwest
4. Guns Mahoney
5. Lord Trask
6. killergoat72
7. CheddarLimbo
8. Dignan
9. Panopticon
10. Vertigosmooth
11. Erasmus
12. Ratnic
13. rym
14. Boodog
15. AnubianWolf88

So glad to see some of the guys who have to put in the serious drive joining us again. This should ROCK.

AW88
I will meta your meta.

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old August 21st, 2010, 05:36 PM

GladDragon Woo who?

1.R˙chean
2.JaredFancy
3. Podwest
4. Guns Mahoney
5. Lord Trask
6. killergoat72
7. CheddarLimbo
8. Dignan
9. Panopticon
10. Vertigosmooth
11. Erasmus
12. Ratnic
13. rym
14. Boodog
15. AnubianWolf88
16. Gladdragon
17. SonlenMaster

Let the madness of endless play-testing of armies and maps begin!

Old August 23rd, 2010, 11:38 AM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

A request...mainly because I like to make things difficult for myself.

R˙chean, I agree with your assessment of Dignan's maps. They are incredibly competitive, and except for ruins always wanting to fall off, they are well-constructed/stable as well. (Except when he placed the Kelda glyph in a hole where my Fen Hydra couldn't get to it. DIGNAN!!)

However, I have noticed that in an attempt to make the maps more melee-friendly, the LOS blocking has gotten out of hand steadily increased. And I like to utilize melee/flying - these maps actually favor my play style! But on a map like Trailblazer (played 3 times so far, mostly melee, some range), it seemed like having a unit with a range over 5 was almost pointless in the center part of the map. On the fringes, sure, I could get a range 7 shot in with a blastatron or Q9, but it was a real pain to get more than a couple off.

We have embraced the suck of lava and lava field, practically expecting a Wyvern or Eternal Hatred or Throw or Knockback to incinerate us. How about a few more "open" maps in the mix.

I can just feel the flame coming. Mainly from rym, assuming I am trying to create some sort of double negative situation that puts my Minions in an even better competitive position.

AW88
not playing Minions this year - I swear. Probably.

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old August 23rd, 2010, 01:43 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

What a whiner! It is one map, I am sure the others maps that I select will encourage the use of other builds, strats and tactics.

--

I confirmed with Madness today. Chris is looking at working a deal for some additional space similar to what he did in his previous location. However, until he gets confirmation we do have to place a cap on this event of 50 players. As the event draws near, we may be able to lift the cap if Madness secures the semi permanent, intermittent use of some nearby un-leased space.

I am in full NHSD mode now, (outside of my SC2 dabblings) so look for maps, glyphs, sponsors, fliers etc to firm up by the end of this month or there abouts.

First post updated with current info; Thanks everyone!!

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; August 23rd, 2010 at 03:28 PM. Reason: What? no one wants to b!tch about pt total this year?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day