Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

View Poll Results: Marvel Allowed?
Yes 11 29.73%
No 26 70.27%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 14th, 2010, 09:33 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!
Re: NHSD Columbus Ohio - 10/16/10

Me +1 is a maybe. I live pretty far away, but NHSD is a good time for me and I'll probably go to it.

I don't think Marvel should be allowed, however.
Old August 14th, 2010, 10:17 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I guess I'm a bit late to this party.

Part of my deal to go to GenCon was to not host National Heroscape Day. I really liked having it in Warren since there's so much room in that basement, but GenCon was worth not hosting it there. Sorry guys.

Anyway, I vote that Ohio just has one big tournament. The drive to Columbus really isn't that bad - it seems like a long time when you look at it but it isn't bad. The problem would probably be getting the Pittsburgh guys to make it there - it's probably 4 hours or more for them - but we might pick up some Dayton and maybe even Indy players....

The other piece of bad news is that I might not even be able to make it there this year. I know that I agreed not to host it, but my wife is dead set on spending a Sweetest Day with me, even though it's a crappy Hallmark holiday. I'm going to try and get there though - I might have to barter my Christmas presents from her away to do it..... The bad thing about me not going is that it will be very tough to get the Youngstown guys there without me. I'm the catalyst around here and I just can't see phantazm, Mechabeast, Time Limit Tony or Brad (the defending champ) making the trip to Columbus unless I'm with them, but maybe I'm wrong.

If I do go, I'd think I could get at least 3 of those guys to come with me. I vote that Marvel isn't allowed, and I'd like to see one of my maps used because I'm arrogant.... maybe Underground Oasis or The Fire Swamp (if you have enough terrain for that - I think it's SotM, TJ x2, VW x2), but only The Fire Swamp if we use the Lightning Sand rules.

495 is an interesting point total. It just screams Cyprien/Sonya. Guess I might be playing Major X17.....

As for other Ohio players to PM, I'd try Chip Dip, DangerousGames, Darkness1717, hangred, Hendal, Brownsfan82, and gamjuven and happyjosiah from Western PA. I don't know if Tiberius, royaldoy and soberman still play, but they're Western PA guys, too.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 15th, 2010, 05:59 PM

Scorpion5 is surprisingly tart

Put me down for a maybe. I have made the last two NHSD events and certainly want to make it again....shoot, it's about the only time I get a chance to play anymore!
S5
Old August 15th, 2010, 06:06 PM

Scorpion5 is surprisingly tart

BTW, I vote for NO marvel.
Old August 16th, 2010, 10:05 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I will have to check my schedule and check with the soon-to-be Mrs. The drive and happyjosiah's schedule would be the main road blocks. But I'd love to play. I need to post in this thread so I keep it in my que. I'll keep you guys updated.
Old August 16th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Gen Con Main Event Champion - 2015

weesel99 knows what's in an order marker weesel99 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
The other piece of bad news is that I might not even be able to make it there this year. I know that I agreed not to host it, but my wife is dead set on spending a Sweetest Day with me, even though it's a crappy Hallmark holiday. I'm going to try and get there though.
Just get a baby sitter, make the trip down here with her. Send her to a spa all day then take her out to a nice dinner...seems easy enough. It sucks that you're not hosting cause it has been a good time up there. I hope you and some of you're crew are able to make it. If you can't make it, you will still be represented with one of your maps. Next time the Columbus Crew gets together to game we're gonna try to figure out all the maps we want to have.
Old August 16th, 2010, 12:01 PM

Father Of Julian knows what's in an order marker Father Of Julian knows what's in an order marker

Father Of Julian, StormShadow, The Ullar Prince, and the Wookie will be there come hell or high water. So let it be written, so let it be done.
Old August 16th, 2010, 12:32 PM

hangred Woo who?

I'm interested but the location may be an issue.
Old August 16th, 2010, 02:46 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Of Julian View Post
Father Of Julian, StormShadow, The Ullar Prince, and the Wookie will be there come hell or high water. So let it be written, so let it be done.
l

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old August 16th, 2010, 11:21 PM

Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Of Julian View Post
Father Of Julian, StormShadow, The Ullar Prince, and the Wookie will be there come hell or high water. So let it be written, so let it be dund.
Corrected!

Dund is just tricky, that's all.
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It is more then a 2 1/2 hour drive for me, so I think I am out, but if sell our house or gift shop before then I am so so there!

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old August 17th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Gen Con Main Event Champion - 2015

weesel99 knows what's in an order marker weesel99 knows what's in an order marker

Some of the maps with links have been posted. We are taking suggestions for additional maps and are looking for about 15 different ones.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day