Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 11th, 2009, 09:51 AM

simplymenotu Woo who?
Re: National Ohioscape Day!!! Official NE Ohio NHSD Thread

50 minutes sounds great.

Not to distract from the purpose of the event but is someone bringing a karaoke machine so we can have a singing contest during the break?

I'd love to see killercactus and shieldcrusher 'rap it out!

I might even sing a diddy;
The 'scape is alive with the sound of battle!
With songs we will sing for a thousand years
'Scape fills my heart with the sound of battle!
My heart wants to sing every song it hears

..ahem.
Old September 11th, 2009, 09:59 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

That's two votes for 50 mins.

Also, in a change of plans, myself, phantazm and Mechabeast are going to be supplying as much terrain for maps as we can now. Between the three of us, we have double the number of SotM sets than RotV. Because of that, I've been contemplating replacing 2 of the RotV based maps with SotM based ones.

Does anyone have any suggestions? My first thought was taking out Turret Rocks and Just Passing Through for Swamp Thing and Fossil. I've always thought Turret Rocks is a bit unbalanced to one side (the right) because the turret is a little closer and it has a high perch on top. And I like Common Ground more than Just Passing Through, plus I'd need the extra road to build Fossil.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 11th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Ill bring Turret Rocks if the supplies arent available!!!!! its one of my favorites.
Old September 11th, 2009, 01:04 PM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest ninja View Post
Ill bring Turret Rocks if the supplies arent available!!!!! its one of my favorites.
bah.... fine! Turret Rocks stays.

I didn't get a chance to see what I can really build yesterday. Hopefully I'll get a shot to do it this weekend and then I'll know for sure what I need to do to the map line-up, but Turret Rocks can stay I suppose....

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 11th, 2009, 03:32 PM

Darkness1717 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest ninja View Post
First off, Turret Rocks is a great stage;
Second off, my dad's game's take forever KC and you know that so I'm in favor of the 1 hour;
Third off, KC isn't my dad so he has no right to smack me so it is therefor child abuse/assaulting a minor.
Old September 11th, 2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness1717 View Post
Second off, my dad's game's take forever KC and you know that so I'm in favor of the 1 hour;
Third off, KC isn't my dad so he has no right to smack me so it is therefor child abuse/assaulting a minor.
Nah - the last time I played your dad, the game only took 15 minutes! Of course, that game included me having +2 defense and +1 Attack the entire game and killing Raelin with a Poison Sting 20.....

I suppose you have a point, so it looks like I'll have to delegate the task of smacking Pokemon singers to one of the other Under 18's. Maybe a bonus in Points to anyone under 18 that smacks another under 18 that broke out in Pokemon song?

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 11th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Ill take the risk and smack away.
Old September 12th, 2009, 04:21 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

I think you should take out Just Passing Through and and to SotM based maps instead.
Old September 12th, 2009, 08:02 PM

Well, I can build:

Ice Blossom
Hot Heights
Highways and Dieways - Swarm Edition
Ticalla Sunrise
Invasion
Sentinel

phantazm can build:

Fire Isles
Embattled Fen
Overseer

and Mechabeast should be able to build:

Sidewinder
Fossil

Terry - if you can bring Turret Rocks and one more RotV for Common Ground, we should be good. I might pick up another RotV by then. If I do, you'll just need to bring one. That does mean I'll have to replace Just Passing Through with Invasion, and H&D with the Swarm Edition. I also updated the front page to reflect the new maps.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; September 15th, 2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old September 14th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Gen Con Main Event Champion - 2015

weesel99 knows what's in an order marker weesel99 knows what's in an order marker

I vote for 50 minute rounds. It gives 10 minutes to organize the next round and still keep it on an "hour" schedule. Partial scoring will definitely keep the play faster because there would be no reason to try to hide a hero with 1 wound left. Also, I'm sure Southwest Ninja can cover it, but if terrain is needed we probably have 40+ master sets with all the people in the Columbus Crew.
Old September 14th, 2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesel99 View Post
I vote for 50 minute rounds. It gives 10 minutes to organize the next round and still keep it on an "hour" schedule. Partial scoring will definitely keep the play faster because there would be no reason to try to hide a hero with 1 wound left. Also, I'm sure Southwest Ninja can cover it, but if terrain is needed we probably have 40+ master sets with all the people in the Columbus Crew.
OK - that's 3 votes for 50 minute rounds. Since the maps we're playing on are small for the most part (Hot Heights and the snow maps might be exceptions), I'm going to go ahead and make that change unless anyone really opposes it. Partial Scoring should also help make up for any "screwdness" that happens when time is called.

Right now, if southwest ninja brings 2 RotV's, we can build 12 maps, which accomodates 24 players. If we get all of the definites and the probables, that's 21. Lucas, if you guys all come down (how many do you guys have, 5?), we're probably over the 24 and approaching 30. I think that Phantazm can build another Swarm + Jungle map (or just a SotM map - I saw a nice one in the Colorado NHSD map thread) and if Mechabeast builds Fossil (SotM + Road), that gets us to 13 maps. Two more would probably about cover us. I'd like to see Just Passing Through make its way back in, which needs RotV + Road, and then maybe something like Broken Skyline?

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 14th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Gen Con Main Event Champion - 2015

weesel99 knows what's in an order marker weesel99 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Right now, if southwest ninja brings 2 RotV's, we can build 12 maps, which accomodates 24 players. If we get all of the definites and the probables, that's 21. Lucas, if you guys all come down (how many do you guys have, 5?), we're probably over the 24 and approaching 30. I think that Phantazm can build another Swarm + Jungle map (or just a SotM map - I saw a nice one in the Colorado NHSD map thread) and if Mechabeast builds Fossil (SotM + Road), that gets us to 13 maps. Two more would probably about cover us. I'd like to see Just Passing Through make its way back in, which needs RotV + Road, and then maybe something like Broken Skyline?
Mattser, ManTrain, jacob, no david, cough drops, and myself. So that would make 6 of us. I would recommend planning for additional players though. Have at least 4 maps over the amount of people who say definite and probably to be prepared for additional that didn't post or became last minute add ons. It would be bad to have more players than maps. As of right now I'm still not positive we will be there, but it is leaning that way. We are in demand because we're in the middle of Indy, NE Ohio and KY. Next year maybe we'll just have a massive one here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day