Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 28th, 2009, 08:16 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
National Ohioscape Day!!! Official NE Ohio NHSD Thread

Everyone - here's an official thread for our NHSD tournament. A lot of the discussion that helped develop this can be found here.

The tournament will be on National Heroscape Day, October 17th. Sign ups start at 11, dice roll at 12. Here's the address of the venue:

All American Cards and Comics
161 W. Market Street
Warren, OH 44481

There is a parking garage directly behind the card store which is free on the weekends. I'd suggest everyone to park there and come in through the back door, which will be open. The tournament is downstairs, and the stairs are right by the back door.

Players will need to bring their own figures, army cards, order markers, dice and a prize for the prize table. No other entry fee will be necessary. The store will be selling Heroscape if you don't have a prize before you come. Repaints of figures are legal as long as the sculpt isn't modified. Other customs are not allowed.

Players will bring one 535 point army and may only use 24 hexes. Marvel units are not allowed. You may not adjust your army between rounds. The tournament will be 5 rounds of Swiss style play with no final, unless there are two undefeated (5-0) players. In that case, there will be a two-player final between them. Going undefeated guarantees you at least a place in the final, regardless of your Point total. You win each game by destroying all of your opponent's army, or being the player with the most Points left on the board after 50 minutes.

The winner of the tournament will be the player with the best Win-Loss record, or the player tied for the best record that has the most Points (any ties after that will be decided with a D20 roll, with the exception of the final mentioned above). A Win gets you 535 points if you destroy your opponent's entire army (even if your opponent had less than that in his army) and a Loss or a Win by the time limit gets you points equal to 535 less the Points your opponent has left alive using Partial Scoring (for example, each Marro Stinger alive is worth 20 points - 60/3 figures per squad. Agent Carr with three wounds is worth 25 points - 100/4 life).

Glyphs will not be used unless the map was specifically built with that glyph in mind, or in the case of Overseer, to make negative space on the map useful. Each map has the glyphs that will be used on it in the description, as well as the player bringing the materials to build it.

The Prize Table currently consists of:

Spoiler Alert!

Thanks to Wizards of the Coast, HouseMouseGames.com and Rÿchean, Grungebob, truth, and anyone else that made these awesome prizes possible!

Here are the maps we'll be playing on:

Highways and Dieways - Swarm Edition (no glyphs): killercactus

Turret Rocks (Glyph of Astrid): southwest ninja

Embattled Fen (Glyph of Wannok): phantazm21zero

Fire Isles (no glyphs): phantazm21zero

Ticalla Sunrise (Glyph of Unaliva in the sand, and Wannok by the Hive): killercactus

Invasion (no glyphs): killercactus

Common Ground (Glyphs of Dagmar on the island and Valda by the turret): southwest ninja

Sentinel (no glyphs): killercactus

Sidewinder (no glyphs - slippery ice / normal snow): Mechabeast

Ice Blossom (no glyphs - slippery ice / normal snow): killercactus

Hot Heights (no glyphs): killercactus

Fossil (no glyphs): phantazm21zero

Just Passing Through (no glyphs): No David, No

Overseer (one glyph: face down and random each game. Will be Gerda, Ulinava, Dagmar, Valda or Wannok): Mechabeast

Fulcrum (no glyphs): Darkness1717

Arctic Divide (no glyphs - slippery ice / normal snow): Chip Dip

Ignition (Glyph of Valda on each side): Chip Dip

Crack in the Earth (no glyphs): southwest ninja

Mole Hills - Jungle Edition (no glyphs): southwest ninja

Marr Highway (no glyphs): southwest ninja

Road Rampage (no glyphs): No David, No

Feylund Fountain (no glyphs): southwest ninja

Spring Thaw by Kahrma (no glyphs): southwest ninja

Bring Your Boots (no glyphs): Chip Dip (No David, No is bringing 2 extras)

Natural Crossing (no glyphs): southwest ninja

There are 25 maps now, which covers 50 players. It looks like there's a chance for even more than that, so we will use the extra 2 Bring Your Boots that No, David, No is bringing if we go over. I'll also have a hodgepodge of additional terrain with me to throw a random map together if needed.

Players:

Definites - 32ish

killercactus
southwest ninja +3
phantazm21zero
lefton4ya (+ some?)
Brownsfan82
The Whisper
Tony
Fedex Worker +1
Brad
Nirek +2
Darkness1717 +1
Chip Dip +1
DangerousGames + 3ish
Columbus Crew (7)
Heath
Josh
Scorpion5

Probables - 5

Hangred +1
cardshark999
simplymentou?
Cash Jack's last one

Hopefuls:

Western Pa crew? Tiberius? gamjuven?
Agent Minivann +1
damja +2
Plus many more....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; October 16th, 2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old August 28th, 2009, 10:46 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!
Re: National Ohioscape Day!!! Official NE Ohio NHSD Thread

Does the prize have to be sets, or can it be money? Also, will everyone win something? (P.S. the Glyph of Wannok can prove overpowering at times... might want to reconsider it...
Old August 29th, 2009, 06:45 AM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
Does the prize have to be sets, or can it be money? Also, will everyone win something? (P.S. the Glyph of Wannok can prove overpowering at times... might want to reconsider it...
The prize can be anything you think a Heroscape player might want. People have brought money, gift certificates, other games, other collectibles, custom creations, etc. At our last Warren tournament, we had a Dyno-Mutt figuring sitting up there. Most people just get one booster set though and leave it up there.

I don't know what Wizards of the Coast is going to provide though, or if any of the websites will contribute anything.

Everyone that brings a prize will get at least one prize. If we have extra prizes, we'll roll D20's afterwards to give out what's left. After the tournament, the winner chooses a prize, then the 2nd place person chooses a prize, and so on until we've been through everyone. Then we give out what's left.

About Wannok - yes, sometimes it can be a strong glyph. However, I don't feel it is nearly as strong as Attack +1, Common Attack +1, Range +4, Defense +2, Summoning, etc. It was used at GenCon this year, and most of the players seemed to enjoy it being in the pool. One tactic to avoid getting burned by it is to include a cheap hero like Marcu Esenwein in your army that can just sit back and absorb the wounds for you. However, if more players are against it, I have no problem replacing it with another glyph - thanks for speaking up!

Lastly, the more I think about this, the more I think we should just stick to one stationary point total. Our last two NHSD's have been one total and have drawn a lot of players. I don't want to discourage players coming because of a complicated rule that causes players to bring a lot more units with them. Some players that have to travel might just want to bring their army and let that be that. I know if it were me and we did the reinforcements, I'd have to make sure I had a counter for whatever I've seen in the tourney that was popular. That being said, I really do like the 535 point total. At first it seemed a strange total, but as I've thought it through, there are a ton of strong armies at this total. It seems like it could make for some very interesting games. What does everyone think?

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 29th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

I like the one point total, total.
Old August 29th, 2009, 01:42 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

I'm feeling the one point total.
Old August 29th, 2009, 02:03 PM

Darkness1717 is surprisingly tart

Wow, haven't been on this site for a while. Don't worry KC me and my dad will probobly be there. I strongly disagree w/ using Marvel.

Did I miss any tourneys?
Old August 29th, 2009, 05:48 PM

cardshark999 Woo who?

Put me up for a maybe. I'm hoping to go to an NHSD tourney this year.

Old August 29th, 2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness1717 View Post
Wow, haven't been on this site for a while. Don't worry KC me and my dad will probobly be there. I strongly disagree w/ using Marvel.

Did I miss any tourneys?
Awesome - I figured you guys would be coming. We haven't had any tournaments lately because of GenCon, but this one should be a good one.

Thanks for the point about Marvel - I forgot to specify that you can't use it.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 29th, 2009, 10:44 PM

Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker

That is right. The Whisper and I will be there. After the dayton tournament, I am stoked!

Old August 30th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownsfan82 View Post
That is right. The Whisper and I will be there. After the dayton tournament, I am stoked!
your goin down this time!
Old August 30th, 2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
I'm feeling the one point total.
Me too - especially this point total. I have 6-7 armies I was able to come up with that are easy to play, fun to play and very competitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownsfan82 View Post
Good stuff! I gotta get down to one of those Dayton tournies....

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 30th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Colorblind Kid

maps im suggesting so far

1 Highways and Dieways
2 Turret Rocks
3 Embattled Fen
4 Fire Isles
5 Ticalla Sunrise
6 Just Passing Through
7 Common Ground
8 Sentinel
9 Sidewinder
10 Ice Blossom