Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 27th, 2009, 03:48 AM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart
Re: SoCal Slaughter

I think the glyphs could be decided by those playing each game, unless it slows things up too much. The picking of the glyphs should be random and preferably placed by a third party. Kind of complicated. Maybe they can wait for post tournament play?
Old August 27th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
I think the glyphs could be decided by those playing each game, unless it slows things up too much. The picking of the glyphs should be random and preferably placed by a third party. Kind of complicated. Maybe they can wait for post tournament play?
The only problem with that is that the presence of glyphs affects army construction. Eldgrim, Rats, Marcu, and a few others all go up in value when there are glyphs in play. I'd say we should decide beforehand whether or not glyphs will be used on all maps thoughout the day; keeping them fixed on maps where they're fixed and using the gencon pool for maps with random glyphs.

But either way is cool by me, I'd just like to know before I start playtesting.

Edit: I know it's early but I just checked the first post and we're shot ~5 maps to cover the "confirmed" players. Do we have any more volunteers for maps? If we get in a pinch I could supply a few, but with the long drive I might not be the best person to bring stuff.

Edit: I can bring up some stuff to add to the prize table.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Last edited by Xn F M; August 27th, 2009 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Double edit, boo-yeah!
Old August 27th, 2009, 04:08 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

I might be able to bring three. I'll have to check sometime soon.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old August 27th, 2009, 05:18 PM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker

I'm in -- thanks for hosting/running the thing guys.

Also, you should perhaps change the title of the thread to have National Heroscape Day in it, so folks won't have trouble.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

My Recent Plays:
Old August 27th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
The only problem with that is that the presence of glyphs affects army construction. Eldgrim, Rats, Marcu, and a few others all go up in value when there are glyphs in play. I'd say we should decide beforehand whether or not glyphs will be used on all maps thoughout the day; keeping them fixed on maps where they're fixed and using the gencon pool for maps with random glyphs.
Yeah, unfortunately I think we have to decide on glyphs beforehand. As much fun as I think they can be, they do complicate things a bit. Maybe we should forego, just for the tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Edit: I can bring up some stuff to add to the prize table.
Hey, good call. I had forgot to add that into the details. Done now.

Also, I added a line for contribution/cost ... hey, warriorneedsfoodbadly, is there a cost to you that we need to chip in to help you cover? or anything else we need to chip in for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikkRikk View Post
I'm in -- thanks for hosting/running the thing guys.

Also, you should perhaps change the title of the thread to have National Heroscape Day in it, so folks won't have trouble.
Done and done. (Although it's in the "National Heroscape Day" subforum, so hopefully that'll be a clue too. )
Old August 28th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2009

The prize support thread is up.

Which brings up an interesting point. Do we know who's running the event this year? And for that matter will we be using the same scoring methods as last year?

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old August 28th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

I got the impression WNFB would prefer if someone else do the actual "organizing and running" of the event. I did last years and would love to have someone else take the helm this year. It would only involve keeping this thread updated (like Xotli is doing), posting our info in the prize support thread (like Xotli could do), stump for prize support from other places (which I could help with, if needed), liaison with WNFB about tables, space, etc., and generally advertise, recruit and highlight the event leading up to the date (hey, Xotli's doing that to).

So, does anyone want to step up and do it? If not, how about nominations? I think I have someone in mind .

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old August 28th, 2009, 03:47 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

I'm good with the same scoring method from last year and would be happy to officially host but don't know how good a job I'd do since last year's event was my only tournament experience.
Speaking of which, I'll donate the flag bearer I won then (Jandar).
I don't know about recruiting and advertising.
Entertainment Earth is nearby so I could hit them up for a donation.
I'll add us to the donation list thread.
I think we are missing word from a number of people that could at least give us a "no" or "maybe" without committing to NHSD.
Old August 29th, 2009, 09:56 AM

JuicerGM has disabled reputation

I have made arrangements and I will be able to make it.
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:03 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

If I can make it I'll work up some repaints again. Trying to figure things out.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old August 31st, 2009, 10:58 PM

WukieSlap Woo who?

I'd love to attend and bring my buddy and my fiance'. I think it would just be and my friend playing in the tournament though. If you're a San Diego 'scaper, we'd love to have you come test your army at our first heroscape game night at Game Empire in Clairmonte Mesa. Its Sept. 27th at 4pm. If we get a little group going it will probably end up being twice a month. PM me with any questions.

Last edited by WukieSlap; August 31st, 2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old August 31st, 2009, 11:15 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

I'll be there. I will read through this and comment soon. School started and first few days are always crazy.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day