Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 24th, 2009, 02:15 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Hexes in Texas 2009 - NHSD

Dignan, I just wanted to say, I really love the split starting zones.

Old August 24th, 2009, 04:58 PM

Today is surprisingly tart

I may be able to come...

T
Old August 24th, 2009, 05:51 PM

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Today View Post
I may be able to come...

T
Welcome aboard Today! I hope you can make it. I saw you posted in another thread that you weren't sure if you had enough figures to compete... I just wanted to say that we have a great group of players in the DFW area and I'm sure you'd have no trouble borrowing an army for the day if you can communicate what you need in advance.

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; August 24th, 2009 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Unless you like to eat barbeque while you play Heroscape...
Old August 24th, 2009, 06:45 PM

Today is surprisingly tart

I may come, it depends if my parents will be able to drive me though. =P

So yeah, I will give confirmation ASAP.

T
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey R˙chean,

Did you see that interesting variant that RevDyer came up with? His thinking was instead of point totals going up (a la this past Gencon Championship on day 2), that perhaps they could go down.

For example:

Round 1 600 points
Round 2 550 points
Round 3 500 points
Round 4 450 points, and so forth

I don't think we should do this, but perhaps, if we had a tie going into the championship match, then maybe do it then, for fun?

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 25th, 2009, 08:33 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Hey R˙chean,

Did you see that interesting variant that RevDyer came up with? His thinking was instead of point totals going up (a la this past Gencon Championship on day 2), that perhaps they could go down.

For example:

Round 1 600 points
Round 2 550 points
Round 3 500 points
Round 4 450 points, and so forth

I don't think we should do this, but perhaps, if we had a tie going into the championship match, then maybe do it then, for fun?

Let me get this straight, rym. You went out and found a variant you don't want us to use and then you bring it to our attention asking us not to use it?

Hey guys, I found this terrible variant id1otscap3r_420 came up with where common squads are played as if they were unique and unique squads can be used in multiples. I don't think we should use this variant.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old August 25th, 2009, 12:10 PM

I heard you can cut graham crackers into hex shapes and stack them like tiles. I think we should definitely not do that...

Old August 25th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Dignan, no I do not want to do it. I just found it to be an interesting variant that perhaps we could put into play ifwe ended up, at the end of the day, with two undefeated players.

Oh, and CheddarLimbo, you can make hexes out of the giant Wheat Thins, too.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 25th, 2009, 07:25 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

Just got back to this thread...add

AnubianWolf88

to the mix. And I want to try Podwest again on Can't See the Jungle. I got both glyphs at the wacky summer tourney and he still smoked me. Well played, sir.

Gaming at Dignan's tonite?

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old August 26th, 2009, 08:19 AM

podwest has disabled reputation

After that kind of challenge. . I have no choice but to enter. Podwest is in!

Confirmed:
1.) R˙chean
2.) Dignan
3.) CheddarLimbo
4.) Armageddon
5.) Rodriquez
6.) Barrett
7.) rym
8.) DrLivingston
9.) mommyfo
10.) Fencerjared
11.) BroInLaw
12.) AnubianWolf88
13.) Podwest

Possibly:
1.) Grungebob

Podwest
Old August 26th, 2009, 10:50 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Podwest is in, now it is an event!

I ask each of you to try to round up the ususal suspects. I will try to kick off some PMs and make some calls to ensure peeps are aware.

Here is the latest: Updated attendee list ; a new map added ; the first prize item identified ; Venue is set ; Date and time set ; Point total set.

--

Hexes in Texas 2009 - National Heroscape Day

Date and Time: Sunday, 10/18; Set up at 11am and the tournament at noon.

Venue: Madness Games & Comics Plano, TX at the corner of Custer and Parker.

Fee: $10.00 – Pretty standard to use this space. Chris has taken care of us well each time, so it should be good. I would like to have people also bring an item for prize table, but not sure I want to require it. Any strong opinions on this?

Format: 5 Round swiss with Final, if needed. Point total will be 500. No Marvel, straight Kill 'em All objective.

Prizes: Still working up the prize list. I have commissioned DMG to do a repaint of either Krug or Q10 as a prize for our event. Another example of his work. More info to come on the Prize Front.

Maps and Glyphs: I am looking to have the Glyphs and Maps finalized by the frist week of September. Here are the first couple of selections, more to come:

Download Page

Download Page

Attendees: Let’s get the sign up list going.

Confirmed:
1.) R˙chean
2.) Dignan
3.) CheddarLimbo
4.) Armageddon
5.) Rodriquez
6.) Barrett
7.) rym
8.) DrLivingston
9.) mommyfo
10.) Fencerjared
11.) BroInLaw
12.) AnubianWolf88
13.) Podwest

Possibly:
1.) Grungebob

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; August 26th, 2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old August 26th, 2009, 03:24 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've got 3 friends, none of them on the boards, that are all maybes at this point.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day