Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 20th, 2009, 07:37 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Hexes in Texas 2009 - NHSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
I just hope you want something besides 500...
I did want something besides that, yes. In fact, I told GB as much. He rolled an 11; what am I supposed to do?

I mean to say, if I wasn't going to accept the possibility of 500 being the outcome when I asked him to roll, I should have never asked him to roll it in the first place. Sorry I didn't consult you first there, DrL.

I'm not re-rolling.

If you fellas, as a collective group, want to overrule me I will accept that, no big deal. Just do it quickly. Less debate, more action; that is what got you guys off schedule last time.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; August 20th, 2009 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Is DrL going to bich with each step? What next, we can't reuse any Gencon Maps? Wound glyph off limits cuz it was at the Con?
Old August 20th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's funny, Ry, because DrL was in fact moaning about the use of the Gencon maps in this tourney.
And, if it's votes you need to overthrow the Grunge, then count me in.

We've done 500 points (2007) and 540 points (200 so we may as well continue the trend and pick a different number altogether.

(But truly, what the hell do I care? I already got one...no, scratch that, 2 armies already picked out)

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; August 20th, 2009 at 08:12 PM. Reason: And it's not like R˙chean's gonna listen to the guy who can't make flyers.
Old August 20th, 2009, 08:14 PM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Well get together and figure it out; I'll give you 'til Tuesday night, then I am putting it in stone.

Any interest in having a variant this year? World? General?

Last edited by R˙chean; August 20th, 2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old August 20th, 2009, 09:33 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How does the World variant work? Just that all units must be from the same planet?

Edit - Nevermind, found it:

Heroscape - War of the Worlds
-32 positions. 5 round swiss style tournament with no final. Players bring order markers, wound markers, dice, cards, and a pre-drafted 400 point Heroscape (no Marvel) army that does not exceed 24 hexes. All Army Cards MUST be from the same world. (Earth, Feylund, Valhalla, Marr, etc..) For the purposes of this event, Warden 816 will be from Alpha Prime. The tournament is played in one hour rounds. Prizes awarded to the top three finishers.

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; August 20th, 2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old August 20th, 2009, 11:58 PM

Yeah, if you guys want to do World these are suitable thresholds for Icaria, (Dragons): 400, 520, 545, 570 with 400 & 545 being optimal, for flexibility.

We could go World at 545~550.

I like it because it breaks up the dominate combos some, plus I didn't get to play it at GenCon. Dignan won the event there.

Last edited by R˙chean; August 21st, 2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old August 21st, 2009, 08:40 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Any interest in having a variant this year? World? General?

Personally, I like keeping the NHSD event "open" (ie non-variant). I prefer it to be just a straight up 'scape event. We have other event's throughout the year that have variants (the Richardson Open is always General Specific for example).

Also, I think that 500 points (while boring) is fine. I don't really see the need to change it.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old August 21st, 2009, 12:04 PM

Thanks Dignan. It is cool with me.

DrL was acting like I was all totalitarian or something so I wanted to open it up. Personally I wouldn't mind a variant but whatevers.

I will say this, the reavers are officially put away. I am not sure what I will be playing, but it won't be rats. I am considering doing the same thing for the Stingers, but just not quite there yet.

Old August 21st, 2009, 12:11 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:

I will say this, the reavers are officially put away.

WHAT!?!?!?
Ry w/o reavers is like Matthias w/o knights! What's this world coming to? It's the end of heroScape!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; August 21st, 2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: How did I wind up in the Texas thread anyway...
Old August 21st, 2009, 12:17 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm fine with 500 points, and whatever variant or no variant at all.

Old August 21st, 2009, 12:18 PM

Don't know how you got here, MM, but you are welcome.

I do think deathreavers give ME the best shot at winning games. But, I need to feel that way about a large variety of units, so yeah, I'll be working that out and probably sucking up in the process.

Old August 21st, 2009, 12:28 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I used to think that Reavers gave me the best chance of winning too. Until I went 2-3 with them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 21st, 2009, 12:51 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
I will say this, the reavers are officially put away. I am not sure what I will be playing, but it won't be rats. I am considering doing the same thing for the Stingers, but just not quite there yet.
I'll believe it when I see it. You'll probably just show up with two squads of Krav.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day