Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old July 19th, 2009, 12:44 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
SCAPE-A-PALOOZA II-NHSD 2009-Important Update!!!

Came Join NESA for National Heroscape Day at

SCAPE-A-PALOOZA II

Date: October 17, 2009

Place: UCONN...Storrs CT

NORTH WEST RESIDENCE HALL CAFETERIA

http://www.uconn.edu/campuses/pdf/wholemap.pdf

Time: Map building starts at 10:00 am

Games start around 11:00 am

Attendees:
1. Onacara
2. Anthony Jr.
3. Dylan
4. Ollie
5. Cleon
6. Bob (The Scaper Formerly known as Cleon's Dad)
7. arp12
8. nyys
9. little nyys
10. ugly1hornedmule
11. theGuru
12. TehFattestNinja
13. Ollie Student #1
14. Habbeo_Bukkit
15. TomCollins2000
16. Kelly
17. Darkmage7a
18. Aeston
19.Aeston Crew 1
20. Aeston Crew 2
21. Aeston Crews 3
22. Loborocket
23. Son of Loborocket
24. Super Enswein
25. Killdawabit
26. Nyphot
27. Mrs Nyphot
28. Mombo101
29. Shades Fan
30. ToddRedd
31. ToddRedd friend #1
32. ToddRedd friend #2
33. ToddRedd friend #3
34. Tiffani
35. I Like Pi
36. Warlord Alpha
37. Friend of Warlord Alpha

(Possibles)
1. RobertDD
2. Warlord Alpha
3. S. Gecko
4. Little S Gecko
5. Dread Pirate Fooflesnort

Maps: Tentative Maps...will add/subtract from this list...links to come soon.

1-Cross Trails by DarkMage7a
2-Viper Valley by nyys
3-Cold Compress by Onacara
4-Volcarren Fountain II by 1Mmirg
5-Radiator Springs by Gamebear
6-Bring Your Boots by Bengi
7-Muck and Mire by Mad Wookie
8-The Grotto by Onacara
9-Healing Waters by Gamebear
10-Cyprien's Cove by Gamebear
11-Channel Buildup by Gamebear
12-Sentinel by Dignan
13- Fulcrumby Dignan
14- Ignitionby Dignan
15-Just Passing Throughby Dignan
16-Melee Mixerby Nooblar
17-Brawl in the Parkby nyys
18-Lykton Duneby nyys
19-Ethereal Springby nyys
20-Valhallan Valleyby Bengi
21-Flash Frozenby KCU Master
22-Ambushby Ch1cano
23-Forgotten Highwayby Retlaw
24-River Walkby R˙chean
25-Island Conflict by R˙chean
26-Katsuno Land - RotV version (by Longheroscaper)
27-Redhorn Gate(by Mad_wookie)

Events:

Scape-erdy... A game show all about Heroscape played in the Jeopardy style. (2:00-2:30) Hosted by Onacara...w/ Ollie as the scorekeeper and nyys as the "buzzer" judge.

Contestants

1. Darkmage7a
2. arp12
3. loborocket

Free For All Chaos...no time limit..you win/lose your game you move to another map and play the next available player that you have not already faced. Play as many games as you can for the time you are there. (more specific detail to follow)

Pairing method: play as many people as possible on as many different maps as possible. There is no formal pairing mechanism. However, you should try as far as possible to play the person who has been waiting longest. Come and go as often as you like during the playing time. There will be a half-hour warning after which no more games can start. If you are still playing when the half hour is up, finish the round you are playing and count points (BAAABA) to determine a winner. No repeated opponents allowed for scoring purposes (if there are no new players available to play, you can have a rematch for fun).

Placings are primarily decided by win percentage. You must have at least four games to qualify; if you have fewer than four games then losses are added until four games are reached (so, if you play three games and win them all your record for scoring purposes is 3-1; if you play just one game and lose, your record is 0-4). If two players have the same win percentage then the player with the most wins is placed higher (so, 6-2 beats 3-1). If two players have exactly the same record then they place equally. A d20 will be rolled to decide prize allocation between tied players in the top three.

Armies:

Armies

Everyone will bring 2 different* armies of 440 points. (*Only figures worth 20 points or less can be duplicated in each army...Ismau, Otanashi, Kyntela, Marcu)

Each player will register their 2 armies (A&B)

Before each match a single Valkyrie or White Heroscape die will be rolled.

SKULL Each player will play their A army.

SHIELD Each player will play their B army.

SYMBOL/BLANK Each player will play with their opponents A army.

Prizes: TBD

Sponsors:

Last edited by Onacara; October 15th, 2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old July 19th, 2009, 12:50 AM
has been BANNED

Re: SCAPE-A-PALOOZA II-NHSD in the Northeast

NESA will be hosting NHSD for anyone and everyone in the North East.

Over the next few months we will be updating this thread with information regarding the day.

We would like the day to be a full celebration of Heroscape and will hopefully make it something much more than your regular tournament.

Please reply if you are planning to come and give any input on what you would like to see at Scape-A-Palooza as far as events, games, contests, workshops etc.

We will be having a Special Heroscape Game Show hosted by yours truly where 3 lucky contestants will get to pit their Heroscape knowledge against one another for some fabulous prizes.

We will do our best to pick a venue as centralized as possible so the drive will not be too outrageous for anyone in order to draw a big crowd.

Also since this will not be like a regular tournament you do not have to worry about being there for the entire day. If you can only come for an hour or two...thats just fine.
Old July 19th, 2009, 01:57 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

. I look forward to this year's because last year's was so fun! .
Old July 19th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

I'm in.

Last year was great. I think we should do alleys again (or maybe just one depending on the turnout) and have the game variants going too. I still haven't played Bughouse Heroscape.
Old July 19th, 2009, 12:36 PM
has been BANNED

I was thinking of utilizing your alternate rumble rules where people can just keep playing and standings are based on winning percentage for the day also. This way if someone comes in mid alley they do not have to wait to play.

Also I need an electrician to help with the buzzer system for the Game Show....anyone???
Old July 19th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
I was thinking of utilizing your alternate rumble rules where people can just keep playing and standings are based on winning percentage for the day also. This way if someone comes in mid alley they do not have to wait to play.
That's a good plan. I guess what I'm after is just some sort of competitive scape among all the casual stuff (where by "competitive" I actually mean "laid-back in the way our tournaments are").
Old July 19th, 2009, 12:51 PM
has been BANNED

I know what you mean....

Another thought I am kicking around is to have a Custom Terrain Contest and a Custom Unit contest.
Old July 20th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Definitely should do some form of rumble.

Quote:
Also I need an electrician to help with the buzzer system for the Game Show....anyone???
I may be able to help with this. I'll let you know as it gets closer.
Old July 20th, 2009, 10:21 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengi View Post

Quote:
I may be able to help with this. I'll let you know as it gets closer.

I can do basic wiring for buzzers/lights but what I need is to make it that when one person buzzes in it locks the other 2 out.
Old July 21st, 2009, 06:43 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I coach a science bowl team, and we're building our own buzzer system this fall. I'm just not sure if it will be done or not by NHSD.

Here are the schematics if you're interested.
http://www.scied.science.doe.gov/nsb/hs/buzzer.htm
Old July 21st, 2009, 08:21 AM
Is a Quadradical

Another thing that I think worked really well last year was the fixed point total across all the different games so that you could bring a bunch of armies and just use them in whatever you were playing. Can we do that again?

450pts worked well, and is probably my favourite army size, but I'm planning to use that for the Marlboro event in November (as well as just liking it, I think it's perfect for making the big Marvel guys just about playable but not too strong). 430? 480?
Old July 21st, 2009, 02:43 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looking forward to this year, I hope there's a better turnout. Gameshow sounds fun. FYI, I'm planning on 480 for the Westford tournament(Off-topic, but an update: tried to reserve a date but a conflict came up, and we'll have a better idea of the date/venue in a month or so).

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day